Ashes Cricket General Discussion

akkies_2000

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can someone let me know how well would this game run on older card? My Sapphire R9 280 Dual-x went kaput 2 months after warranty expiration, so have installed my older card XFX HD5850 till I get around to get a new one in few months. Will it be playable at lower 720p-ish resolution? Thanks.

I bought it without waiting for an answer - 50% discount was too much to let go. The game runs ok if texture settings are kept one short of highest setting. Frame rate is not consistent but still ok for now.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Buy the game now .It's the right time to pick Ashes, it is perfect cricket game.There will never be any discount later from my experience .Don't wait jus buy now.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
lol @kiran varma what version do you have? Do you get commission? :lol;)
I own 120+ games in steam and owned all BA games , and didn't get any commission for that. My earlier post meant for those who would be looking to buy Ashes on discount price.Yes i agree to that Ashes needs few tweeks as it has still some bugs.But it deserved for a buy on sale.

Alberts

International Coach
Super News, if Ross really said that, we just confirmed something awesome in the coming year or so :)

Let's hope. I would say though, it's funny that Ross was so adamant that the Switch was going to be dead on arrival.

BigAnt's trackrecord for optimisation though isn't great, I'm not convinced they'll be able to make a good Switch port, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Let's hope. I would say though, it's funny that Ross was so adamant that the Switch was going to be dead on arrival.

BigAnt's trackrecord for optimisation though isn't great, I'm not convinced they'll be able to make a good Switch port, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I don’t know about how good the switch version might be, but an attempt is still a positive. When no one will interested in making anything remotely related to Cricket in the gaming market, I’ll take anyone who is willing to try. Plus, BA is super awesome with post game support.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I am still wondering how PC players are silent about the last patch of the game not coming to PC yet which released on consoles ages ago.. I know that it has 2 additional sliders but that makes a difference in the game and its yet to see the light of the day..

D

Deleted member 185125

I am still wondering how PC players are silent about the last patch of the game not coming to PC yet which released on consoles ages ago.. I know that it has 2 additional sliders but that makes a difference in the game and its yet to see the light of the day..
Maybe because there were few who said that the new patch has deteriorated the game and hence the PC guys didn't bother after that.
Or for once, BA wanted console players to have a better version of the game ;):p.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I've no interest in more sliders. I think I only edit about 2 at the moment; minimum bowl speed, because how bowling speeds work on this game is crap. The one that makes the pitch marker appear later too, so I can play more instinctively rather than have the feeling that I'm waiting all day for the ball.

If it seemed likely the patch had resolved a lot of other issues maybe PC players would be more vocal. I'm aware of the edge frequency one, I've never had any issue with a lack of edges, don't know what the other is. Honestly, sliders seem to have gone from 'here is more customization' to 'we can't get the game right so just play around with it yourselves.' I'd sooner see any that alter the physics of the game removed.

Users who are viewing this thread