Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Aditya130293

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am still wondering how PC players are silent about the last patch of the game not coming to PC yet which released on consoles ages ago.. I know that it has 2 additional sliders but that makes a difference in the game and its yet to see the light of the day..
I asked before regarding latest patch for steam. But no reply from Matt.

Flat_Track_Bully

School Cricketer
I'd like to sit down with Michael Atherton and a good computer programmer and make a cricket game.
Problem is, I don't know any computer programmers.

Like a heavy weight simulation. Granular level physics. I am talking about precise ball behavior depending on weather and pitch. 360 degree batter movement with confidence meter based on timing and shot selection. Actually having to leave the ball with fear of an edge.

We can start with a batting simulation only and then spread out to bowling and fielding mechanics.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I asked before regarding latest patch for steam. But no reply from Matt.
Current game at this moment is very good and i don't want to disturb that with an update just like what has done to consoles. Now i am feeling realistic edges and wide variety of shots. Actually i created a new thread mistakenly named "Pc patch". Pretty unnecessary to ask for a patch that spoil existing fantastic game play. So i do want to continue the current game without any updates .

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Current game at this moment is very good and i don't want to disturb that with an update just like what has done to consoles. Now i am feeling realistic edges and wide variety of shots. Actually i created a new thread mistakenly named "Pc patch". Pretty unnecessary to ask for a patch that spoil existing fantastic game play. So i do want to continue the current game without any updates .
Oh crap @MattW saw that thread and in response BA are pushing latest patch to PC version now :eek:

Aditya130293

School Cricketer
At what difficulty you are playing and are you playing online Ashes? Or just playing with AI?

charles04

Club Cricketer
it really stinks we are stuck with the fielding side of things ( semi assisted) that is quite pathetic. so frustrating to see fielders just standing and watching balls go by right next to them, but do nothing or chase it as an after thought . no outfield catches, fielders sliding into boundary. list goes on. And the most hilarious part is fielders doing stretches while ball is still in play :eek:

and of course no run outs or stumpings. :facepalm

Last edited:

Cricket Lover 1943

Club Cricketer
Right now too manny catches being dropped
In a match really needs a fix or a patch for it how can easy straight catches being dropped 4 ro 5 catches in a innings needs to be patched.

ndschan

Club Captain
You can use Game engines like Unity and Unreal, and give it a try. I intend to make a Cricket trading card using it.
I'd like to sit down with Michael Atherton and a good computer programmer and make a cricket game.
Problem is, I don't know any computer programmers.

PjPage59

Club Captain
Does anyone have any tips on playing against Australia or England. They are just ridiculous to verse on this game.

Users who are viewing this thread