Bowling tips

N Jones

Club Captain
Has anyone got any fast bowling tips, I can bowl quite nicely with everything perfect but I don't seem to be able to reliably take wickets. I was wondering how much the skills play into being able to take wickets I have prioritised accuracy and pace with a some swing. I use swing when the ball is new and then I go to my straight stock delivery with the occassional fast shock bouncer. Anyone know the skills to prioritise as a fast bowler and any good tactics?
I'm still struggling to get wickets..I'm bowling and the AI are 492-1...and that was a ridiculous run out

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Ok, I think I've cracked the career mode bowling as far as pace bowling in FC games goes.

Difficulty: Medium/Medium/Veteran

My career player has just broken into T20 side of my nation and is busy playing FC games in county circuit when he is not slogging it around the park in T20Is.

On topic: Once the ball gets a bit old, say ~15 overs old, I aim to hit the top of off stump by selecting standard delivery and then setting the seam at 10 o'clock. This mostly, brings the ball back into the right hander. Reverse swing, I guess. And what works for me also going wide on the crease ala Stokes. So, I go wide off the stumps and try to bend the ball in from a touch fuller length than good length. I slip in an odd cross seam delivery from back of length and sometimes AI nicks it to the keeper or even to slips.

Before I settled on this formula, I used to bowl mostly swing deliveries and tried to mix my length but that rarely got me wickets. But by targeting top of off, I'm getting lot better results.

N Jones

Club Captain
I feel like giving up with this game...for the life of me I dunno what I'm doing wrong. Currently playing as England against Sri Lanka..I've scored 378 all out and they are currently 83-0 after 20 overs..I just take wickets..not even a sniff of a chance.!!!!

PjPage59

Club Captain
I feel like giving up with this game...for the life of me I dunno what I'm doing wrong. Currently playing as England against Sri Lanka..I've scored 378 all out and they are currently 83-0 after 20 overs..I just take wickets..not even a sniff of a chance.!!!!
Can’t give up just because of that. Just got to be patient. Wickets will come.

Reactions: DAP

N Jones

Club Captain
I told you man, the wickets will come. I bowled about 55 overs yesterday without a wicket before taking 2 in the final over of the day. Stick at it.
Well I managed to actually bowl out Sri Lanka and I'm (England) are starting the 2nd innings will a small lead of 26...and it's good to hear that I'm not the only one that's bowling for long spells without success. I suppose that's cricket. I've started to vary the angles of delivery by moving the approach which I've noticed has helped

.Jambo.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Had a bit of fun last night bowling fuller pitchers seamers. Not much swing happening and wasn’t reversing, so first bowling change (Ashes series, playing as England) brought on Woakes and Overton, both mixing up lengths and keeping it tight to just outside off but those seaming balls with just a little nibble off the pitch, they were the killer balls. Can’t help but get into this game when it comes around to cricket season.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Well I managed to actually bowl out Sri Lanka and I'm (England) are starting the 2nd innings will a small lead of 26...and it's good to hear that I'm not the only one that's bowling for long spells without success. I suppose that's cricket. I've started to vary the angles of delivery by moving the approach which I've noticed has helped

When I was playing this game (very very long time ago) I had the same problem, in ODI's I'd get all kinds of wickets, edge chances, edges through gaps etc and in tests literally nothing would just be bowling for hours and became really boring. At least getting chances would be nice.

What has the game became btw with all recent patches etc? Is it better or is it patches that make game worse?

Users who are viewing this thread