The PC Texture Tweaks & Mods Thread: India Test Pack & Duke Ball Released!

Parth Desai

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
HI I read this entire thread. Realised that the txpk file what I was using is the wrong one. should download the one which you have updated in Investec pack. Thanks... gonna give a try
Just got the error "Can't find fileindexes.txt.file, csvData is null". This is the TXPK file look like. Removed the Rope Mods folder from the TXPK Folder .

Thanks.

Attachments

• Error File - Investec Ropes.docx
    368.4 KB · Views: 7
  • ddsPaths.txt
    18.5 KB · Views: 5
  • fileIndexes.txt
    20.6 KB · Views: 3
  • headerIndex.txt
    5 bytes · Views: 2

Parth Desai

Club Captain
Just got the error "Can't find fileindexes.txt.file, csvData is null". This is the TXPK file look like. Removed the Rope Mods folder from the TXPK Folder .

Thanks.

Thanks.

Have attached my TXPK Folder

Attachments

• TXPK Folder 1.docx
    165.4 KB · Views: 5
  • TXPK Folder 2.docx
    181.6 KB · Views: 2
  • TXPK Folder 3.docx
    177.2 KB · Views: 3
  • TXPK Folder 4.docx
    182.1 KB · Views: 4

rex007king

Club Cricketer
Here's an Indian 2018 test sponsor pack! Contains PayTM stumps and pitch ad plus UltraTech Cement boundary ropes.

Nicely done Spoobir. Thanks. Looks great.
Two quick questions.

1) The new England Aus T20 Uniform, does it works for Women too ?

2) Has anyone tried textures from DBC17 to import into Ashes ? There was a nice Batting Gloves model in DBC17 which is missing from Ashes.

Somebody please add some sponsors for those Umpires kits

Parth Desai

Club Captain

Thanks.
Got it right finally, but one query.

Forming the Investec Ropes and Stumps.

Regarding the Ropes, two files to copy from downloaded Investec.zip to TXPK Fields/Texture....now looking into the spreadsheet list of TXPK which number to assign in fileindex.csv so it tally without getting any "outside of array error".

fields\textures\boundary01_col.dds, ???
fields\textures\boundary02_col.dds, ???

Other files look like
fields\sponsors\bigant.dds,213
fields\aus\boundary_col.dds,213
fields\aus\boundary_nrm.dds,213
textures\reflection.dds,213
fields\fieldonly\lines.dds,213

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Nicely done Spoobir. Thanks. Looks great.
Two quick questions.

1) The new England Aus T20 Uniform, does it works for Women too ?

2) Has anyone tried textures from DBC17 to import into Ashes ? There was a nice Batting Gloves model in DBC17 which is missing from Ashes.

Somebody please add some sponsors for those Umpires kits

1) That is actually a good shout. I have attached a version below that changes the England women's kits to the 2018 ones as well.

2) Importing models is something I haven't really looked into. It could be possible but a lot of work right now.

3) I did look at changing the umpire uniforms at one point but unfortunately the umpires use the same default blank texture template as some non-licenced teams. So I believe if you added a sponsor to that it would also add it to a lot of custom teams etc... Not ideal.

Got it right finally, but one query.

Forming the Investec Ropes and Stumps.

Regarding the Ropes, two files to copy from downloaded Investec.zip to TXPK Fields/Texture....now looking into the spreadsheet list of TXPK which number to assign in fileindex.csv so it tally without getting any "outside of array error".

fields\textures\boundary01_col.dds, ???
fields\textures\boundary02_col.dds, ???

Other files look like
fields\sponsors\bigant.dds,213
fields\aus\boundary_col.dds,213
fields\aus\boundary_nrm.dds,213
textures\reflection.dds,213
fields\fieldonly\lines.dds,213

If you are using the most recent addition of TXPK Creator as well as my custom txpk file then you shouldn't need to touch any of the spreadsheets and stuff. Just over-writing the texture files in the correct places should work.

Attachments

• Eng_2018_V3.zip
    16 MB · Views: 27

rex007king

Club Cricketer
I did look at changing the umpire uniforms at one point but unfortunately the umpires use the same default blank texture template as some non-licenced teams. So I believe if you added a sponsor to that it would also add it to a lot of custom teams etc... Not ideal.

Why Big Ant...Why..?? :noway

I have attached a version below that changes the England women's kits to the 2018 ones as well.

Sweet Cheerss mate...:thumbs

shaurya071

Club Captain
Hi everyone.

I've been having a tweak with some textures in the PC version using @Wouldubeinta's Blobset Tools and thought I'd share some of these with you.

First up is a retouch of England's licensed ODI/T20 kits which I feel are a tad inaccurate in the game. I made the blues darker, the logo on the ODI shirt has been resized and I also slightly tweaked the red of the t20.

Q4KQrvx.png

Next I very slightly touched up the Aussies kits. Mainly making them just a bit less washed out. I've left the 'Alt ODI' for now because I can't find any good pictures. (I don't think they've ever worn it in a match?)

L1aCZWG.png

The final tweak for the moment is the colour/saturation of the first class & test match balls. They should be a bit easier to see now, especially when worn and scuffed up!

4NLF4He.png

How to get the tweaks in your game!

First go here and download @Wouldubeinta's Ashes Blobset Tools and extract to wherever you want

I've attached an Ashes Mods.zip file below. Download this and then extract the Ashes Mods folder into the Ashes Blobset Tools folder. If you have never done any modding then just overwrite/merge the one that's already there. If you have then be sure to back up your current folder.

At this point if you wish to edit which Mod files to be inserted into your game then you can. For example if you don't want the new cricket ball textures then go into Ashes Blobset Tools\AshesMods\props and delete the balls folder.

Next step is to make sure in the Ashes Location.txt file the path matches the location of your game directory. (most likely the Steam\steamapps\common folder)

Finally it's time to run the blobset tool! If you've done everything correctly up to now it should look like this:

uZLP7wf.png

Finally you just click Create Blobset, wait for it to finish and you're done! You should now have all the new kits/ball textures.

If at any point you have problems or just wish to go back to the default textures. You can right-click Ashes Cricket in your Steam Library. Click Properties, then Local Files, then run VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES... to download and return your blobset to the default state. This will NOT affect save games or Academy teams.

-----------------------

ALL MODS:
-Sunfoil stumps and boundary ropes here!
-Investec stumps and boundary ropes here!
-Lush outfield grass and new "Grassy" pitch v1 here!
-2018 IPL stumps and boundary ropes here!

-Grassy pitch and outfield grass v2 here!
-Investec pitch ad here!

-Natwest 2018 Test Series Pack here!
-England 2018 ODI/T20 Kits v2 here!
-Royal London ODIs Sponsor Pack here!
-Specsavers 2018 Test Series Pack here!
-Vitality 2018 T20 Sponsor Pack here!
-Sri Lanka Test/ODI Sponsor Pack here!
-India Test Sponsor Pack here!
-Duke ball here!

uybPeWp.png

Cheers and enjoy everyone! :cheers
how do I change the location of the game?

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Hi everyone.

I've been having a tweak with some textures in the PC version using @Wouldubeinta's Blobset Tools and thought I'd share some of these with you.

First up is a retouch of England's licensed ODI/T20 kits which I feel are a tad inaccurate in the game. I made the blues darker, the logo on the ODI shirt has been resized and I also slightly tweaked the red of the t20.

Q4KQrvx.png

Next I very slightly touched up the Aussies kits. Mainly making them just a bit less washed out. I've left the 'Alt ODI' for now because I can't find any good pictures. (I don't think they've ever worn it in a match?)

L1aCZWG.png

The final tweak for the moment is the colour/saturation of the first class & test match balls. They should be a bit easier to see now, especially when worn and scuffed up!

4NLF4He.png

How to get the tweaks in your game!

First go here and download @Wouldubeinta's Ashes Blobset Tools and extract to wherever you want

I've attached an Ashes Mods.zip file below. Download this and then extract the Ashes Mods folder into the Ashes Blobset Tools folder. If you have never done any modding then just overwrite/merge the one that's already there. If you have then be sure to back up your current folder.

At this point if you wish to edit which Mod files to be inserted into your game then you can. For example if you don't want the new cricket ball textures then go into Ashes Blobset Tools\AshesMods\props and delete the balls folder.

Next step is to make sure in the Ashes Location.txt file the path matches the location of your game directory. (most likely the Steam\steamapps\common folder)

Finally it's time to run the blobset tool! If you've done everything correctly up to now it should look like this:

uZLP7wf.png

Finally you just click Create Blobset, wait for it to finish and you're done! You should now have all the new kits/ball textures.

If at any point you have problems or just wish to go back to the default textures. You can right-click Ashes Cricket in your Steam Library. Click Properties, then Local Files, then run VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES... to download and return your blobset to the default state. This will NOT affect save games or Academy teams.

-----------------------

ALL MODS:
-Sunfoil stumps and boundary ropes here!
-Investec stumps and boundary ropes here!
-Lush outfield grass and new "Grassy" pitch v1 here!
-2018 IPL stumps and boundary ropes here!

-Grassy pitch and outfield grass v2 here!
-Investec pitch ad here!

-Natwest 2018 Test Series Pack here!
-England 2018 ODI/T20 Kits v2 here!
-Royal London ODIs Sponsor Pack here!
-Specsavers 2018 Test Series Pack here!
-Vitality 2018 T20 Sponsor Pack here!
-Sri Lanka Test/ODI Sponsor Pack here!
-India Test Sponsor Pack here!
-Duke ball here!

uybPeWp.png

Cheers and enjoy everyone! :cheers

Hi Spoobir, You have done an awesome work with all these edits. Thank you!
I was wondering, may I have the original or your .psd for the lawn texture? I'm planning to re-edit that to the one we often see in Aus-NZ Grounds. Dark grass within the circle and then lighter towards the fence! Can you please help me with that?

D

Deleted member 187360

spreadsheets
Hi Spoibir

Now able to create txpk files without any errors.
Last query: suppose creating txpk file for IPL Pack named as Rope_mod. Now if I create TXpk file for Vitality Pack then can I have to rename Rope_mod1 or can I replace Rope_mod ? Does it affect in-game?

Else I highly appreciate your hard work and support.

D

Deleted member 187360

I've a little information to share about this! You had no reason to delete PowerISO. It was showing the association because it was your default programme to zip, unzip compressed folders. I understand your frustration but some programmes like these, never interfares with steam games.

Now, just a question! Did you try the blobset creator without txpk editing? I got that working though. The only sacrifice you'll have to make here, is the boundary ropes will be default. You can change pitch ads inside stadium editor with downloaded stuff from community. May be you'll try it without txpk
Hi there.

Me too have same trouble as Stephen.Got all the boundary ropes and pitch ads but the stumps are not updated in game. Showing Megallan stumps Vitality ad and ropes. Suppose created Txpk file in Ashesmods/txpk for Vitality saved as Rope_mod. If I create Txpk file for IPL do I need to overwrite as Rope_mod or rather saving by giving different name like Rope_mod1 or IPL_mod ?

If possible can u share the screenshots of how ur Txpk folder looks like in AshesMod

Appreciate your support. Thank.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 187360

Hi Spoibir

Me too have same trouble as Stephen.Got all the boundary ropes and pitch ads but the stumps are not updated in game. Did create Txpk files without any errors and created blobset successfully. Just not showing in the game these new changes. In the English T20 showing Megallan stumps Vitality ad and ropes.

In the AshesMod in txpk folder I have saved the moded Investec txpk file. If I create new moded txpk file for Vitality mod, my question is do I need to rename as Vitality_mod or save New Vitality txpl file on to the existing Investec moded file ? Please clarify.

Also in AshesMod texture stumps folder do I need to delete the Investec stump file and paste Vitality stumps file or merge ?

I am lost ...n sorry to ask u many questions. Please help...

If u please share your txpk folder in Ashesmods that will really be appreciated.

Thank you.

D

Deleted member 187360

You might have problems, being on a more advanced patch.

Not sure.

Hi Wasteyouryouth,

Created the rop_mod Txpk file for IPL and pasted in Txpk folder in Ashesmods as Rop_mod.txpk.
For investec do I need to delete Rop_mod.txpk and create updated one in Ashesmods Txpk folder?
In short can all mods like Vitality Investec IPL mods work together?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hi Wasteyouryouth,

Created the rop_mod Txpk file for IPL and pasted in Txpk folder in Ashesmods as Rop_mod.txpk.
For investec do I need to delete Rop_mod.txpk and create updated one in Ashesmods Txpk folder?
In short can all mods like Vitality Investec IPL mods work together?
Not my area of expertise but I think you can only replace files like for like, so having more than is already in the game is not possible.

D

Deleted member 187360

Not my area of expertise but I think you can only replace files like for like, so having more than is already in the game is not possible.
So if I want to play IPL I need to create IPL Txpk file only in Ashesmods and if I want to play English T20 then to do accordingly. Yet thank you for ur clarification...

D

Deleted member 187360

Bad news I’m afraid - I’m still getting the message (attached) while trying to update the file mapping on your copy of Ashes Blob-set Tools. I’ve made sure I’ve uninstalled the other version I had and made sure I’ve removed any ghost versions etc. I’ve tried several times and get the error messages at several different times during the procedure so not always at the same point. I don’t know what else can be using the files. It’s a very frustrating mystery. When I click ok the file mapping continues but with sporadic error messages.

Hi Stephen..i did ask about this in this group but not received satisfied answer. Just need ur opinion regarding Txpk files in Txpk folder in Ashesmods. If I play IPL having rop_mod Txpk file in Txpk folder. Now if I want to have Vitality txpk, do I need to replace Rop_mod Txpk file with new Vitality txpk created ?

Since u worked more closely on this can u tell me is it possible to have multiple Txpk files in Txpk folder depending on what mod u want to play like Paytm Test Series or IPL or Vitality English T20 or Investec test series?

Users who are viewing this thread