OTHER Snooker 19

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Did not happen with Tennis or Cricket. Back in the days BA competed with 505 and look what happened. Even in Tennis, BA and other company were face to face. None actually did good. Both have mixed reviews.
Yes having competition is always a good thing, even if games are not what we would hope for

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Couple of things -
1) The publisher is the same as the Pool Game (which is terrible imo btw)
2) The developer is different (and pretty much brand new company)
3) World Championship Snooker is one of my favourite things I've ever worked on. I loved those games.
4) This is the best pool game http://poolpanic.com/
WCS 2004 and then WSC 2005 (published by SEGA) are my all time fav snooker games
Every snooker game since has been shit IMO

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I'm not sure I agree with you with regards to the tennis game. AOIT clearly not ready for prime time when it was released, but there were many patches made subsequently to get it into reasonable shape. I don't know whether the work done after the release was due to the competition from TWT, the bad reviews, or BA's desire to make a better game, but clearly having another tennis game come out within a few months of AOIT's release was a good thing.
I would assume some sort of quality standard a licensor would expect that would have played a factor. Bad reviews would only mean that they might loose their AO license?

D

Deleted member 193590

Shaun Murphy went to look at the development of Snooker 19, gives a really interesting look at the game, starts from 2:45.

great video,really looking forward to this finally might be getting a good snooker game.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Been playing these games since 2000 and I believe many of the developers who worked on the early games (Blade Interactive) are working on this

I am hyper critical but I have seen some animations in snooker 19 that look identical to Snooker 2002 !

These people have had 20 years at this so as a minimum I expect

• Correct handedness of all players :facepalm
  • Realistic animations of players (been crap since WSC 2007 )
  • AI players not rolling up to a colour when needing snookers :facepalm
  • Aiming aids that cater for hardcore players
There loads more but that will do for starters :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 193590

Great I was hoping this would be released before the world championships,if it's as good as wsc real,i'll be happy.
Not as fussy as Zim :p

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
It will have to have similar controls to VP4 for me to be interested. Not the "set the gauge to the set the strength of your shot" type controls.

I've heard nothing more about the "This Is Pool" game that was supposed to be released in "early 2019".

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
It will have to have similar controls to VP4 for me to be interested. Not the "set the gauge to the set the strength of your shot" type controls.

I've heard nothing more about the "This Is Pool" game that was supposed to be released in "early 2019".
It appears to be set the gauge for power but with an interesting twist ?

B5EBEA9E-20CE-4B3A-9177-C2F9D38CA57F.jpeg

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Aargh! I was afraid I'd see those words "set stroke power". Maybe the VP4 guys have a patent on the "solely use the stick (or mouse) to control" method but, this ruins the realism for me. Who would buy a cricket game these days if you had to set the power of the shot before you hit it?

I doubt we'll ever see a VP5, but my dream game would be VP with the World Snooker guys as competitors. It'll never happen, unless Celeris merges with Ripstone.

@zimrahil, where did you see that write-up? I couldn't find it on the website.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Aargh! I was afraid I'd see those words "set stroke power". Maybe the VP4 guys have a patent on the "solely use the stick (or mouse) to control" method but, this ruins the realism for me. Who would buy a cricket game these days if you had to set the power of the shot before you hit it?

I doubt we'll ever see a VP5, but my dream game would be VP with the World Snooker guys as competitors. It'll never happen, unless Celeris merges with Ripstone.

@zimrahil, where did you see that write-up? I couldn't find it on the website.
https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2019-03-14-snooker-19-breaks-off-right-on-cue

Interestingly I don’t mind set stroke power as it allows me to focus on the other aspects of the shot more. At least they are trying something different - hopefully the more tricky the shot the harder it is to time stroke correctly...

Users who are viewing this thread