1.07 Patch Notes

Added description to celebrations and customisation menu
Added ball trail when the ball is in the field
Award coin multiplier for match competition
Decreased pad collision effects
Improved Ra's Revenge catch mechanic
Improved fielding
Improved stability

I haven't noticed that pad collision issue as yet, but gameplay in general feels the same as it did before, fielding looks much the same

suddyz

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's now £45 on the UK Nintendo eShop when it was £24 on release. Personally I have never ever seen a game launch and then in a matter of weeks increase the retail price by almost double. I wonder if their thinking is along the lines of given how poorly received the game has been, coupled with the poor sales performance they now have to sell the units at a significant mark up just to minimise their losses.

D

Deleted member 193590

It's now £45 on the UK Nintendo eShop when it was £24 on release. Personally I have never ever seen a game launch and then in a matter of weeks increase the retail price by almost double. I wonder if their thinking is along the lines of given how poorly received the game has been, coupled with the poor sales performance they now have to sell the units at a significant mark up just to minimise their losses.

I think it's like johnny said,they've done it to stop people in australia buying it cheap.I'll just wait a couple of months till it's on sale for a tenner.

suddyz

Club Captain
I think it's like johnny said,they've done it to stop people in australia buying it cheap.I'll just wait a couple of months till it's on sale for a tenner.

To be fair when i played it at a mates place for the switch shortly after launch, it wasn't even worth £5 let alone £24. I know that they released a switch patch last week but not seen how much of an improvement that has made but given YouTube videos I have seen for the PS4 version, it is just so bare bones and filled with bugs that I couldn't see anyone recommending the game.

mattk

Club Captain
Certainly a pivot from their previous "community engagement=>trust" strategy though.
The cynical among us might suggest this might have something to do with them having a monopoly over the console cricket gaming market.

Its definitely different operating conditions to early 2013 when they were new underdogs to the market up against the recognised Ashes 2013 brand. Big Ant was promising to reinvent cricket gaming with radical new controls and camera angles and had to sell it to a sceptical cricketing gaming market . The need for community engagement to build trust doesn't exist now like it did then.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The cynical among us might suggest this might have something to do with them having a monopoly over the console cricket gaming market.
Having licenses for the Ashes and the the Big Bash, andabeing the only developer making multi-system cricketing games hardly constitutes a monopoly. If any larger publisher or developer (EA for example) was interested I dare say they could scoop up all the rights and churn out as many games as they wanted.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Having licenses for the Ashes and the the Big Bash, andabeing the only developer making multi-system cricketing games hardly constitutes a monopoly. If any larger publisher or developer (EA for example) was interested I dare say they could scoop up all the rights and churn out as many games as they wanted.
But until any large publisher or developer steps up then currently it is pretty much is a monopoly?

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
And even if another company steps in does it guarantee better games?
It is a big recognized company. The chances are pretty high. The company would be targeting a new sports game and would not want to release an unfinished game. Since IMO Cricket as game holds future if planned correctly.

D

Dutch

It is a big recognized company. The chances are pretty high. The company would be targeting a new sports game and would not want to release an unfinished game. Since IMO Cricket as game holds future if planned correctly.
But will it mean a better game: T20 sells......test cricket doesnt.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
The time / cost of coming up with a new engine specifically wrangled for cricket is prob the major obstacle to a new game from someone else, I would have thought.

It's not like a shooter, where you can just license an engine that already does what you want it to.

saferider4969

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
To be fair when i played it at a mates place for the switch shortly after launch, it wasn't even worth £5 let alone £24. I know that they released a switch patch last week but not seen how much of an improvement that has made but given YouTube videos I have seen for the PS4 version, it is just so bare bones and filled with bugs that I couldn't see anyone recommending the game.

At launch switch version was so broken (they seem to have uploaded a very old build which didn't even have online) that now just to be able to see a functional game is like wow, if only they ever read the constructive feedback sent to them over mail we would be able to help get this game into a state which is mildly acceptable.

It seems as if absolutely no thought went into optimizing the game better for switch, e.g.- On PS4 when the crowd shows up on screen everything works fine but on switch it drops to less than 5 FPS because the Switch can't handle so many draw calls. Another thing that bothers me a lot is that the ball seems almost invisible on switch when you play with the broadcast camera, the ball size should be increase to 2-4 times to make it even barely visible. Anyway posting feedback, etc,., seems pretty useless, it's not like BigAnt cares enough to listen to people who have spent their hard earned money to support them by buying this broken game.

Even though it is playable now (sad that a game just being playable makes me feel good), worst 25 euros I have ever spent.

D

Deleted member 185125

But will it mean a better game: T20 sells......test cricket doesnt.
Maybe in the next Ashes they could get T20 and Test done right. It's not that bad currently. AI would need more work. Btw we are in the day and age where video games have horse balls behaving according to weather conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread