Story My Ashes Story

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Time to revive this thread..This time with a modifier input based gameplay and its really good..

Start off with the modifier values..

Hardest difficulty : On
Display time : 25
Shot Timing : 95
Foot placement : 95
Bowl Quality Influence : 95
Shot Choice Difficulty : 100

Min Pace : 55
Max Pace : 80
Swing : 80
Pace Revolutions : 12
[For pace , not spin]

With the above I have been absolutely enjoying the game.. Edges are super realistic, shots placed are all around , ball feels zippy and you get the feel of the pace when it comes to contact with the bat...

Playing this for all types of matches, career and casual..

In casual started a test where I am going at 2.74RPO at the moment. Off side is no go unless its half volley , otherwise it ends in slip cordon..

Seeing off the new ball actually feels real, after it got slightly old around 18-20 overs I was connecting well.. First 10 overs I think I managed to score 20 odd runs..

After a session AI came with a plan to make me play on off.. Believe it or not played straight 7 overs or so for no runs , just leaving the ball out side..

The feel is quite amazing IMO...Just give it a go and see whether you feel the challenge too..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the match started with a very careful approach from the openers and they were mainly set to see off the new ball as it was bound to get easier as it got older and would come on nicely..

Warner started off steadily , but a beauty from Broad with the ball coming into the batsman and hitting Warner's pads.. On field decision was given out. But to me it felt this was going down leg and was bit high as the pitch had good bounce.. Since Broad also has the tendency to hit the pitch hard I went on to review.. Surprising to myself it turned out a successful review and it was overturned..

20181228150413_1.jpg

20181228150417_1.jpg

But then soon Bancroft edged one to WK and had to head back to pavilion off just 12 runs..

Khawaja coming into bat took his time as well to score runs.. But after hitting a few boundaries an amazing inswinger to left hander from Anderson took the inside edge of the bat and Khawaja was gone too with the score on 70/2.. Edges were so realistic that I went on to enjoy it more than getting upset over losing a wicket..

Then next came in Smith, now Australia had to build a partnership which they did seeing off the session first with the score at 98/2

20181228153834_1.jpg

Start of post lunch session and Warner soon reaches his 50..

20181228212833_1.jpg

Steadily the partnership also reached 50..

20181228213245_1.jpg

So did Smith too.. It was a very important session for Aussies as they bounced back really well..

20181229204415_1.jpg

20181229204426_1.jpg

Shots played that fine were majorly edging through slips cordon.. Since the partnership was looking strong England took some slips out, otherwise it might have ended some other way..

But after an amazing partnership of 125.. Smith was gone from a delivery which skidded on and had lower bounce than the ball before, taking him out with a plumb..

20181231130932_1.jpg

In the below Big Lines check the difference between the yellow and blue line.. Blue being the before in the same over, pitching in same region but getting decent bounce, that was played off backfoot..But then the ball which got the delivery was a cross seam which resulted in ball skidding and staying lower than expected..

20181231131010_1.jpg

But even with wickets falling at other end Warner reached an amazing century.. Favouring leg side for his most of the shots , it was a special innings mainly as he saw the majority of deliveries to see the ball wear..

20181231131632_1.jpg

20181231131641_1.jpg

And after that century he was looking for a big score as he felt in good touch.. But England brought in a change by bringing Ali in and it worked as he picked the prime wicket of Warner for 137 runs.. Caught at first slip.. It was a delivery well deceived and I had to play at it...

20181231134128_1.jpg 20181231134717_1.jpg

With both settled batsman gone it was the turn of Handscomb and Marsh to steady the ship and see off the remaining part of the day which they did pretty well with Handscomb reaching his half century too..

20181231141259_1.jpg

20181231141306_1.jpg

And they saw the end of the Day 1 with the score at 335/4 with both Marsh and Handscomb in the crease..

20181231141649_1.jpg

20181231141652_1.jpg

20181231141655_1.jpg

20181231141707_1.jpg

And to end it with the Big Wheel of all the batsman..

20181231141718_1.jpg

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Time to revive this thread..This time with a modifier input based gameplay and its really good..

Start off with the modifier values..

Hardest difficulty : On
Display time : 25
Shot Timing : 95
Foot placement : 95
Bowl Quality Influence : 95
Shot Choice Difficulty : 100

Min Pace : 55
Max Pace : 80
Swing : 80
Pace Revolutions : 12
[For pace , not spin]

With the above I have been absolutely enjoying the game.. Edges are super realistic, shots placed are all around , ball feels zippy and you get the feel of the pace when it comes to contact with the bat...

Playing this for all types of matches, career and casual..

In casual started a test where I am going at 2.74RPO at the moment. Off side is no go unless its half volley , otherwise it ends in slip cordon..

Seeing off the new ball actually feels real, after it got slightly old around 18-20 overs I was connecting well.. First 10 overs I think I managed to score 20 odd runs..

After a session AI came with a plan to make me play on off.. Believe it or not played straight 7 overs or so for no runs , just leaving the ball out side..

The feel is quite amazing IMO...Just give it a go and see whether you feel the challenge too..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the match started with a very careful approach from the openers and they were mainly set to see off the new ball as it was bound to get easier as it got older and would come on nicely..

Warner started off steadily , but a beauty from Broad with the ball coming into the batsman and hitting Warner's pads.. On field decision was given out. But to me it felt this was going down leg and was bit high as the pitch had good bounce.. Since Broad also has the tendency to hit the pitch hard I went on to review.. Surprising to myself it turned out a successful review and it was overturned..

View attachment 216086

View attachment 216085

But then soon Bancroft edged one to WK and had to head back to pavilion off just 12 runs..

Khawaja coming into bat took his time as well to score runs.. But after hitting a few boundaries an amazing inswinger to left hander from Anderson took the inside edge of the bat and Khawaja was gone too with the score on 70/2.. Edges were so realistic that I went on to enjoy it more than getting upset over losing a wicket..

Then next came in Smith, now Australia had to build a partnership which they did seeing off the session first with the score at 98/2

View attachment 216087

Start of post lunch session and Warner soon reaches his 50..

View attachment 216088

Steadily the partnership also reached 50..

View attachment 216089

So did Smith too.. It was a very important session for Aussies as they bounced back really well..

View attachment 216090

View attachment 216091

Shots played that fine were majorly edging through slips cordon.. Since the partnership was looking strong England took some slips out, otherwise it might have ended some other way..

But after an amazing partnership of 125.. Smith was gone from a delivery which skidded on and had lower bounce than the ball before, taking him out with a plumb..

View attachment 216092

In the below Big Lines check the difference between the yellow and blue line.. Blue being the before in the same over, pitching in same region but getting decent bounce, that was played off backfoot..But then the ball which got the delivery was a cross seam which resulted in ball skidding and staying lower than expected..

View attachment 216093

But even with wickets falling at other end Warner reached an amazing century.. Favouring leg side for his most of the shots , it was a special innings mainly as he saw the majority of deliveries to see the ball wear..

View attachment 216096

View attachment 216097

And after that century he was looking for a big score as he felt in good touch.. But England brought in a change by bringing Ali in and it worked as he picked the prime wicket of Warner for 137 runs.. Caught at first slip.. It was a delivery well deceived and I had to play at it...

View attachment 216098 View attachment 216099

With both settled batsman gone it was the turn of Handscomb and Marsh to steady the ship and see off the remaining part of the day which they did pretty well with Handscomb reaching his half century too..

View attachment 216100

View attachment 216101

And they saw the end of the Day 1 with the score at 335/4 with both Marsh and Handscomb in the crease..

View attachment 216102

View attachment 216103

View attachment 216104

View attachment 216105

And to end it with the Big Wheel of all the batsman..

View attachment 216106

Superb realistic simulation dude...keep it up...

Just wanted to ask...

1. Did you enable the batting modifiers to ON?

If yes, how did you feel with the footwork control while playing with batting modifiers ON...
This is because ever since, one of those initial patches, I felt with the batting modifiers ON, there was quite less control over the footwork placement direction with LS ( it seems the front foot just goes straight & not in the direction of the pitch of the ball even if we precisely direct the LS towards it...)
However if we keep the Modifiers OFF then we get better control over footwork direction...( ideally with modfiers ON shouldn't one have more precise control over batting & timing??)

Do you experience the same with your above set up...

Also they should have patched the edge frequency slider to have better control over the edge frequency... (with so many slider settings for realistic simulation feel as once prefers, why not add this edge frequency slider...(why did they patch it for PS4 but not PC )

2. Also did you get random edges even if you felt you had ideal footwork shot choice & timing or even if the batsman had green confidence bar??

3. How did you feel about playing attacking shots (6s & coming down the track after having green confidence ? do they connect well & go beyond the ropes or fall short??

Last edited:

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Superb realistic simulation dude...keep it up...

Just wanted to ask...

1. Did you enable the batting modifiers to ON?

If yes, how did you feel with the footwork control while playing with batting modifiers ON...
This is because ever since, one of those initial patches, I felt with the batting modifiers ON, there was quite less control over the footwork placement direction with LS ( it seems the front foot just goes straight & not in the direction of the pitch of the ball even if we precisely direct the LS towards it...)
However if we keep the Modifiers OFF then we get better control over footwork direction...( ideally with modfiers ON shouldn't one have more precise control over batting & timing??)

Do you experience the same with your above set up...

Also they should have patched the edge frequency slider to have better control over the edge frequency... (with so many slider settings for realistic simulation feel as once prefers, why not add this edge frequency slider...(why did they patch it for PS4 but not PC )

2. Also did you get random edges even if you felt you had ideal footwork shot choice & timing or even if the batsman had green confidence bar??

3. How did you feel about playing attacking shots (6s & coming down the track after having green confidence ? do they connect well & go beyond the ropes or fall short??
1. I actually felt the batsman held his ground better with the modifier ON
And shots feel very realistic to play..
2. I switch them off as for me the feel of connect with the bat matters more..So even if game says ideal on all but it doesn't feel like it should have gone that far for the connection I don't like that too.. Cricket is about how you feel about whatever you do..
3.Attacking shots are always with the flow for me I don't aim to go big , muscle memory and as for going big they went like the way they should had some 75 meter six and some about 105meter..

But simply put this modifier has made me come back to playing it a lot..
Note: Have held back on continuing the next phase due to a personal loss in family..Will do so in a few days..
Have videos for that in my channel already but haven't written about it so far..

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
So at the start of Day 2, Marsh who looked in good touch continued his flow with the bat and reached his 50*.. That too of a beautiful straight drive off backfoot..

20181231180717_1.jpg

But soon got out edging to gully of a delivery pitched on leg... Wood was looking the most dangerous in the whole lineup but didnt get the wickets he deserved..

20181231181356_1.jpg

And that dismissal was off the first ball in that over.. Then came in Paine, and Wood was fired up now, which was clearly visible with the line and pace he was bowling at...To my surprise the first ball to Paine zipped holding its line as it was a cross seam.. It hit the pads and it was a really close one , so close that on field umpire had given out.. In realtime that felt like going above the stumps and since I take a proper stance to know whats happening that too helped in this case as the ball felt like the impact was off..

Review was taken and another great moment in the game , love it when you get to overturn them..

And the over ended up with a maiden wicket.. One of the best overs which I felt like just play it out..Amazing feel...

20181231181739_1.jpg

But the team now boosted up they were bowling really good lengths and got the wicket of Handscomb who was looking settled..Great line had to play..

20181231183500_1.jpg

Not long when the babysitter also departed to take care of his children..:p But to a really good delivery..

20181231184625_1.jpg

Now with only tail remaining, team was looking for any bonus runs possible, and Starc showed his skills with a good cameo with fast runs...Cummins and Starc ended up adding 46 to the total..

20181231190236_1.jpg

20181231190221_1.jpg

20181231190223_1.jpg

20181231190208_1.jpg

Team ending up with a good total in the end..Aussies would have liked their settled batsman getting more but it was good deliveries which the England bowlers managed to get those wickets with.. Anderson was good to wrap the tail up..

England Batting innings would resume soon.. Hopefully its a tight clash between the teams.. :D

Users who are viewing this thread