How to download teams with slow internet?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@Sinister One

Last time I had a crash that left me with a corrupted academy I found a way to get my lost data back, also realised it was easy to transfer my data (teams, players, logos) to my djmethod profile so I could edit that independently without having to download everything again*.

So this will replace your data with mine - it shouldn't affect your profile, it'll still be you when you log into the game. It's up to you, it will mean you have all the teams and stadiums in the way I have them.

--

1) Back up what you've got (I'm not 100% this will work).

Go to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Ashes\

2) Back up the Profile and Decals folders (e.g. copy to your desktop). If this doesn't work you can get back to where you were.

3) I've got a link for a zip file that contains my AcademyData (teams, rosters etc) one for DecalData (logos). It's about 9mb. Hoping that might small enough for you to download. PM if you want try and I'll send you the link.

4) When you have downloaded and extracted the files (approximate sizes: academy 15mb and decal 40mb):

Put the AcademyData.sav into the Profile folder. (C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Ashes\Profile)
Do the same for the Decaldata into the Decals folder (C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Ashes\Decals)

Then when you load up the game everything should look as it did when I copied them. You're free to do what you want then - deleting or changing stuff.

*The only issue I have found when I transferred mine was some adboards didn't seem to appear on stadiums.

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
@Sinister One

Last time I had a crash that left me with a corrupted academy I found a way to get my lost data back, also realised it was easy to transfer my data (teams, players, logos) to my djmethod profile so I could edit that independently without having to download everything again*.

So this will replace your data with mine - it shouldn't affect your profile, it'll still be you when you log into the game. It's up to you, it will mean you have all the teams and stadiums in the way I have them.

--

1) Back up what you've got (I'm not 100% this will work).

Go to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Ashes\

2) Back up the Profile and Decals folders (e.g. copy to your desktop). If this doesn't work you can get back to where you were.

3) I've got a link for a zip file that contains my AcademyData (teams, rosters etc) one for DecalData (logos). It's about 9mb. Hoping that might small enough for you to download. PM if you want try and I'll send you the link.

4) When you have downloaded and extracted the files (approximate sizes: academy 15mb and decal 40mb):

Put the AcademyData.sav into the Profile folder. (C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Ashes\Profile)
Do the same for the Decaldata into the Decals folder (C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Ashes\Decals)

Then when you load up the game everything should look as it did when I copied them. You're free to do what you want then - deleting or changing stuff.

*The only issue I have found when I transferred mine was some adboards didn't seem to appear on stadiums.
Sure. You can send me the link. I will try it later

Users who are viewing this thread