What would you change in cricket?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Literally give the fast bowlers a "yard of pace" by making the pitch one yard shorter in T20s

P

PrincessJade

Literally give the fast bowlers a "yard of pace" by making the pitch one yard shorter in T20s

How about not having T20s at all? I was brought up with test cricket, and I don’t like them and I’m only 20. My dad says the West Indies are now “money hungry, spoilt, untalented jackasses” . Whatever that means! x

A55MAN

School Cricketer
How about not having T20s at all? I was brought up with test cricket, and I don’t like them and I’m only 20. My dad says the West Indies are now “money hungry, spoilt, untalented jackasses” . Whatever that means! x

T20 ruined cricket in many many ways. Made the game more about the money. Made the game more about batting. Made the game less about technique.[DOUBLEPOST=1514964467][/DOUBLEPOST]I'd scratch the coin toss.
I'd have the away team have the choice on whether to bat or bowl first.
I'd make curators make pitches that are a lot more bowler friendly than they are now.
I'd make bats the size of Warners illegal.
I'd scratch the 2 DRS Reviews for just 1. After all it was bought in for the howler of a decision.

Bleddyn

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
First changes I would make would be with administration (I know how impossible this would be with the current state of the BCCI *cough* excuse me, I meant ICC).

Foremost I would change profit distribution. The richest countries getting the most just increases the divide and stifles the sport. Once that was done I would increase the numbers of teams that compete, not decrease it. I can think of no other governing body in sport that wants to shrink the number of competitive teams even in places with a large popularity, it's crazy.

A55MAN

School Cricketer
I agree, change the admin. Instead of having India run the game. They seem to think that because their is so many of them that they run the game. Sorry but the game started with England and Australia. They seem to forget that. The whole them being the only one not allowing DRS while everyone else agreed was a farce.

DrewBi

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I would change the LBW law so that if the umpire thinks the ball is hitting the stumps it is out, no impact outside or pitching outside leg. I would leave the "half of the ball must be hitting" rule to DRS reviews because technology isn't always correct but I would get rid of the over 3 metre rule (if impact is 3 metres or more from the stumps its umpires call). This way batsmen can't just pad away the ball that's outside leg.

I would also change the rule for clean catches. If the ball touches the grass at all it is considered not out. I would change it so if the fielder has complete control over the ball before it touches the grass or has fingers under the ball but is still touching the grass I feel as though these should be out.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
They seem to think that because their is so many of them that they run the game.
So many of them? What does this even mean? If you think that BCCI got all this power simply because of the sheer number of fans, then you are incredibly ignorant

Sorry but the game started with England and Australia. They seem to forget that.
Such a stupid comment. What does that have to do with anyone ruling the game? No one should RULE the game to begin with

What a couple of highly misinformed statements :clap:clap

Users who are viewing this thread