Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.11), Xbox One (1.0.0.12) and Steam

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I'm on PC, playing casual T20 matches. Really Struggling to get any wickets after the latest patch. I've had a few balls that where knicked through to the slips, but on all occasions catching mini game didn't pop up and the fielder just ended up dropping dropped the ball. Not a single whiff of a LBW, clean bowl, or a catch in the field.
I can also report that for slip catch chances, the mini game for reflex catching did not come up for me either in casual mode.

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Played the game after a long time yesterday and I must admit, the AI batting has become superb after the patch. I started a World Championship as India and was playing SA at Leeds on a dry track. The intent from the AI batting was visible from the start with QDk going for the shots as did Markaram. Amla was steady and went at a SR of 75 till he got to 60-odd. I had SA at 166/5 in the 31st over when Pretorius joined Amla. They put on a 160 run stand from there on with a dramatic last 10 overs to set Inda 325 to win. Enjoying the challenge!

Other positives were the variety of shots attempted by the AI and the variety in wickets. QDk was out LBW to Bumrah. Kuldeep had Markram caught by the keeper foxed by a wrongun. Miller struggled against Kuldeep as well. Was given out LBW once and overturned on DRS. However, got out in a similar fashion very soon.

ndschan

Club Captain
Career mode limited over games have become a delight now. The fields set for spinners were great, not the typical score 1s freely when the field is set defensive right from the 11th over. Chasing 290 at club level, lost 3 wicket early on. Built a partnership with number 5 and 6, needed 70 of last 7.(43 overs 220, match would have been over earlier by the 30th over). The wicket keeper, who I assume had a Brute mentality, scored quick runs, lost the match by 4 runs. Extremely rewarding. Hat's off to this patch.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Managed to take a wicket in career mode.Bit of an odd one though.First ball of spell hits pad umpire gives not out ask for a review and its hitting middle of middle stump so decision reversed and player out.
Never had a review where umpire got it so wrong or a wicket off first ball.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Career mode limited over games have become a delight now. The fields set for spinners were great, not the typical score 1s freely when the field is set defensive right from the 11th over. Chasing 290 at club level, lost 3 wicket early on. Built a partnership with number 5 and 6, needed 70 of last 7.(43 overs 220, match would have been over earlier by the 30th over). The wicket keeper, who I assume had a Brute mentality, scored quick runs, lost the match by 4 runs. Extremely rewarding. Hat's off to this patch.
Nice to know batting has improved greatly. Bowling, however, remains broken as wickets are not falling. This is quite a flaw for career mode bowlers, and bowling allrounders.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
with bowling i think you have to work out what the pitch is doing and then exploit it with bowling that way and wickets will come.That can vary from spell to spell but sometimes in career mode you only get 2 or 3 overs at a time.

saffronValour

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Short Ball Freezing Issue is Still there, which may get you out if standing far away from the crease. I got out 7-8 times due to this bug, Still testing this game after the last update.

P.S. there's one more bug in which if one cancels the run batsman goes few steps forward and gets himself/herself out (this occurs randomly but it's annoying) as sometimes its a close call.

ndschan

Club Captain
Nice to know batting has improved greatly. Bowling, however, remains broken as wickets are not falling. This is quite a flaw for career mode bowlers, and bowling allrounders.
Not being a bowling fan helps :) . Always been an opening batsmen since my school and college days. Not sure if setting the difficulty to a lower level helps, in case of bowling

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
im taking wickets in career as off spinner... on ps4

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Wickets come, but are extremely rare. Does not give the sense of a real bowler. For pacers, there aren't any legitimate wickets to speak of still. Also, the world cup is still unplayable.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Not being a bowling fan helps :) . Always been an opening batsmen since my school and college days. Not sure if setting the difficulty to a lower level helps, in case of bowling
A couple of patches ago, I think it was, it was perfect. This was the greatest game for bowlers, ever, for cricket video games as far as I'm concerned. I was actually playing as a pace bowling allrounder and everything looked great. This has not been the case since then.

Users who are viewing this thread