Filming 'grass roots' cricket?

RAF123

School Cricketer
Hi all.

I'm new to the site and interested to know whether much filming of the amateur game goes on and if so, in what parts of the world. Social media seems to be full of amateur football video clips but I don't see so much of cricket. I'm involved with a new site set up to try to help promote grass roots sport by encouraging people and clubs to build profiles and histories by sharing videos. I'm first interested to know why there doesn't seem to be much video capture of cricket at an amateur level, especially with all the camera technology around now? Is it too much aggro to film it? Too much aggro to edit down to the best bits?

Thanks.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Hi mate.

There is an app called cricheroes or cricket heroes which allows people upload live scores of their match and I have heard it allows streaming as well. Never tried the streaming but there are lots of matches to follow from India. You might want to give it a try.

P.S.: I'm in no way associated with that app.

RAF123

School Cricketer
Hi mate.

There is an app called cricheroes or cricket heroes which allows people upload live scores of their match and I have heard it allows streaming as well. Never tried the streaming but there are lots of matches to follow from India. You might want to give it a try.

P.S.: I'm in no way associated with that app.

Thank you Fenil. I'll check it out. I knew there was some live streaming that went on but over a whole days' play there's probably only so much that the casual spectator is interested in seeing? There has to be a better way to capture the highlights of amateur cricket matches?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@RAF123 i've moved your thread from General Chat to Cricket Discussion, as it is a more appropriate forum

Users who are viewing this thread