TENNIS AO Tennis

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Players still play the same way, there's no new animations or anything like that. It's mostly just player movement that feels less restrictive and the game feels easier on the hardest difficulty.

In fairness, those white Wimbledon outfits were simply just blank white outfits, only Nadal had any sponsors on his version, the rest were just quickly done over in white.
It would have better if they had just made the licensed players clothing editable.The community could have done a better job.

Cro Morgan

School Cricketer
I’m having a difficult time getting a bead on this game (and Big Ant Studios) - the communication from the Big Ant brass was amazing during the flurry of summer patches -- and then *POOF!!* nothing -- the men with the answers disappeared.

Talk about ALL or NOTHING. :noway

While it might be too much to ask for “ALL” - a little something in-between would be nice.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
So after playing the career mode again for the first time in months, a lot of the same issues are still there with both your player and the AI.

Double fault issue remains with the AI still making a lot and consecutive ones as well.
AI hitting the ball straight back at you with a wide open court even on Grand Slam difficulty.
Your player just watching a ball go by despite timing a shot like any other shot from a defensive return by the AI.

There's plenty more, but I feel like most of us already know the main issues...

Nard2020

Club Captain
AOIT is my first experience with Big Ant, but do they generally give notice when the support cycle of a game ends? Like do they say 'final patch for x' or something along those lines....or is it just they drop a patch and then silence to end things?

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
AOIT is my first experience with Big Ant, but do they generally give notice when the support cycle of a game ends? Like do they say 'final patch for x' or something along those lines....or is it just they drop a patch and then silence to end things?

Nah they don't really given an indication on when a final patch might be. Quite often you'll see people tweeting them asking when they will update DBC 17 and RLL4, occasionally they'll redirect RLL4 questions to Tru Blu Games though.

I'd expect potentially a handful more patches on the game, we'll likely see AO 2 next January

Nard2020

Club Captain
Nah they don't really given an indication on when a final patch might be. Quite often you'll see people tweeting them asking when they will update DBC 17 and RLL4, occasionally they'll redirect RLL4 questions to Tru Blu Games though.

I'd expect potentially a handful more patches on the game, we'll likely see AO 2 next January

Actually i'm pretty sure they've moved on. Ross was at the AO for most of the Semis/Finals and was constantly tweeting about AOIT Mobile.....not a single tweet or mention of AOIT. Mobile also seems to be doing well on the charts, so any additional pro's that were planned will probably be saved for next time.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Actually i'm pretty sure they've moved on. Ross was at the AO for most of the Semis/Finals and was constantly tweeting about AOIT Mobile.....not a single tweet or mention of AOIT. Mobile also seems to be doing well on the charts, so any additional pro's that were planned will probably be saved for next time.

Yeah noticed he posted a reasonable amount watching some of the matches, saw a few people ask if there will be more patches and why the promise of more players was broken (although I don't think he actually ever stated that there would be more players, just that it was confidential)

D

Dutch

Anuone still playing this? What are the thoughts around: after picking it up again after quite a while I must admit to enjoy quite a lot of it....I am a bit of a casual player so theres that to take into account as well...

D

Deleted member 193590

Anuone still playing this? What are the thoughts around: after picking it up again after quite a while I must admit to enjoy quite a lot of it....I am a bit of a casual player so theres that to take into account as well...

I really like it dutch,the customization is great like all big ant games,and if you mess about with the player and ball speeds you can get some really realistic play on all surfaces.still think it could of done with at least one more patch,but can't see that happening.

D

Dutch

I really like it dutch,the customization is great like all big ant games,and if you mess about with the player and ball speeds you can get some really realistic play on all surfaces.still think it could of done with at least one more patch,but can't see that happening.
What do you still needs patching?

D

Deleted member 193590

What do you still needs patching?

just little things really like some shot animations look a bit off,also I think net play is pretty bad that's why I was interested in TWT thought net play looked good in that.picky things really just to make it more polished,but like you say it is enjoyable.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
just little things really like some shot animations look a bit off,also I think net play is pretty bad that's why I was interested in TWT thought net play looked good in that.picky things really just to make it more polished,but like you say it is enjoyable.
Just loaded game first time in months and downloaded patch and I actually think the last patch improved net play ?

Like all BA games I have played a lot of setting up and customising of players is needed but I actually quite enjoyed playing this again, the play face players I downloaded were pretty good

I read somewhere that the downloaded venues when used in career only use the main show court and never uses the other courts if available
Can anyone confirm if true cause that would stop me playing career I think ?

D

Dutch

Not sure about the venue thing but the game is imo very playable and has a lot of depth which I like. WTT feels quite bareboned in comparison although it has some nice features.....

D

Deleted member 193590

Just loaded game first time in months and downloaded patch and I actually think the last patch improved net play ?

Like all BA games I have played a lot of setting up and customising of players is needed but I actually quite enjoyed playing this again, the play face players I downloaded were pretty good

I read somewhere that the downloaded venues when used in career only use the main show court and never uses the other courts if available
Can anyone confirm if true cause that would stop me playing career I think ?

only owned the game a few weeks so it was fully patched.net play may have been patched but I still find it the weakest part of the game.

Haven't played career mode,but I have played a couple of 128 player tournaments and all courts were used.in fact I set up a us open and 1 of the semi finals was played on a crappy outside court with about 30 people watching :lol

Users who are viewing this thread