Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.11), Xbox One (1.0.0.12) and Steam

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
LOMjONn
I saw few people commenting that bowling has become tough post patch, for me its the opposite. I've never made the AI all out like this before.

LOMjONn

LOMjONn

And I was awarded good enough I guess for my sort of bowling which is keeping it clean and focusing on restricting runs, while trying one or two teasing the batsman and boy this innings against Aus, I've gained the result for it. I saw many genuine edges by AI like outside edges towards 4th slip all the way to thick edges to cover point, some I managed to catch and some gone for runs but this is one thing that makes me bore to play even though I always play tests only which is the lack of 'immersion'(can't think of a better word)

But this 50 overs or so I bowled was exactly what I wanted, I had great fun bowling because of all those 'almost' chances, previously I used to bowl and bowl for hours straight and there will be no excitement for me while bowling to a strong partnership now even when Warner was constantly hitting runs, I always felt like I had him and made myself ready for that opportunity which may come at any moment.

While I was batting even I got so many edges and that too genuine ones like I mistime it or go across the line of delivery even though the timing was 'ideal' which I liked and it kept the 'excitement' factor going. For people like me who don't play limited overs,this patch has become a 'blessing', ofcourse you might say its all a placebo effect after patch but I don't think so personally.

Here's one dismissal I fell in love with, there were many edged dismissals but this one is close to heart for me today..

P.S. If possible make a patch for the sake of restricting Warner who always manages to hit 50s+ and convert them into 100s,its impossible for me to get him out xD

Thank you for patching and making the game even more fun!

Attachments

• Screenshot (93).png
    Screenshot (93).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 20

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The feedback of wickets not falling was for career mode players. Wickets are falling in casual matches, however, they seem to be down just a bit. Whereas in career more, no wickets are falling, especially for pacers.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The feedback of wickets not falling was for career mode players. Wickets are falling in casual matches, however, they seem to be down just a bit. Whereas in career more, no wickets are falling, especially for pacers.
I didn't know that career bowling is different from other modes, I haven't tried career yet, I just thought to share my bowling experience to give a better view :)

SpiderSlatts

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Played my first ODI in about 6 months this evening after hearing about the new update. All gameplay settings on medium difficulty.

Started poorly with the bat but my timing improved as the game went on. All of my wickets were the result of poor shot selection or mistiming. Most of the top order dismissed behind the wicket playing away from the body or trying to hit across the line and snicking behind. Satisfied to see no ugly wickets like inexplicable stumpings etc. it’s possible that these glitches remain but I didn’t see any.

Bowling was good and the AI paced itself like a real one day innings. Hit gaps in the field in the power play to go at about 5/6 an over, then settled into a rhythm in the middle overs hitting to sweepers with the occasional slog over the top for 4 or 6. Took a few wickets, generally from good execution of bowling plans eg leaving a big gap through mid wicket, which the batsman targeted to an outswining ball starting on middle/off and snicking behind.

AnkitC

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey, I guess it's not really related to this Patch, but I'm facing an extensive no. of crashes. The crashes occur at the same point, i.e. at the Loading Screen just before the match is about to start. I'm talking about the PC Version.

Anyone else facing or faced this particular problem?

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This patch has made this game undoubtedly the best ever. I`ve had 3 very realistic ODIs in the World Cup competition but have felt that the game progresses organically now. The AI seems aware, and even field settings seem to be better. From a bowling perspective, you do get opportunities if you bowl well and the trashy bowling gets punished. Also noticed that the AI shot selection is excellent and they don`t resort to ugly shots like the weird drive/aerial glide over slips very often now! Some of the shots look pretty now even when you are bowling. Hats off to BA. Also, use this as your starting point for the next game!
If there is a new game being made, I would love to be on the beta testing team and help improve this further.

Last edited:

Rathish Kumar

Club Cricketer
This patch made game awesome it's even with both bat and ball, there is some flaw in carrier mode but other matches is realistic, edges looks natural still fielding has some lagg when we play 2 players. Thanks beta team. Improving gradually ll come up all boxes tick In next upcoming games.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
cg4GhdE.jpg

Here's the ODI match I played. Pro difficulty. Bowling as both sides. Made the deck as flat as a pancake and the one-dimensional Windies attack was taken apart by the genius of Gilly.

I can pretty confidently say this is now the best AI batting in ODIs I've ever seen in a cricket game. Night and day compared to the *block... block... block... ugly, fake-looking prod shot for a boundary* on release. Even things like batsman play-style and mentalities seem to have improved: Symonds was absolutely biffing balls over cow-corner. It is a little bit of a shame that it took so long to reach this point but hats off to whoever is still there working on the game!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
cg4GhdE.jpg

Here's the ODI match I played. Pro difficulty. Bowling as both sides. Made the deck as flat as a pancake and the one-dimensional Windies attack was taken apart by the genius of Gilly.

I can pretty confidently say this is now the best AI batting in ODIs I've ever seen in a cricket game. Night and day compared to the *block... block... block... ugly, fake-looking prod shot for a boundary* on release. Even things like batsman play-style and mentalities seem to have improved: Symonds was absolutely biffing balls over cow-corner. It is a little bit of a shame that it took so long to reach this point but hats off to whoever is still there working on the game!

At least give the West Indies a chance and pick a better era of bowling .:p

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
In my experience, edges have gone down substantially since the last patch. Wickets are still falling in casual mode, but mostly through LBW. No wickets still in career mode for me. Batting experience seems much better overall. Timing window seems a bit pushed up, but this is not major. Hopefully career mode and bowling can be rectified.

D

Deleted member 185125

I had an instance in the recent match, where the ball hit the rough and turned more than the other deliveries bowled so far. Not just did the amount of rough areas increased over time, but the pitch did slow down as well. Wondering now, maybe If it weren't for the pitch reset bug, we might just had pitch deterioration playing an important role. Hopefully they can get it right in the next release. Meanwhile, video of the delivery below.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I’ve come back to playing after a long time off, saw this patch had fixed the co-op bug so wanted to give it a blast again.

First thing I’ve noticed, may have been prevalent since before this patch as well, the AI run rate in test match simming is still mega high.

Played the 2nd test against Pakistan, me controlling just my All-Rounder. I went for around 2 an over, everyone else went for 4/5 and even 6 an over, and Keaton Jennings even bowled 8 overs?? Either way, Pakistan made 400 in their first innings, all out with overs still to bowl on Day 1! That’s too much.

Likewise, England chased down 401 to win in the same game on Day 5 before lunch. They did it in 81 overs at just under 5 runs per over. I made 4 then nicked the spinner to slip, so it was pretty much all simulated AI. Again, that run rate is far too high. Root made 144 from 160. Bairstow made 104 from 118. It’s ODI pace.

Secondly, there seems to be no issue with 4th inning run chases. England chased that 401 down with little issue, losing only 5 wickets (of which I was one of them). In the previous game, Pakistan made 449-9 to draw the 1st test.

For both tests the pitch was grassy, hard, uneven, light cracks and fast wear. By day 4 and especially day 5 it should have been trash. I also have fairly aggressive bowling sliders, swing especially. So yeah, shame that happens as well.

Generally enjoying playing again, but that’s 2 things that have really stuck out for me so far.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
I’ve come back to playing after a long time off, saw this patch had fixed the co-op bug so wanted to give it a blast again.

First thing I’ve noticed, may have been prevalent since before this patch as well, the AI run rate in test match simming is still mega high.

Played the 2nd test against Pakistan, me controlling just my All-Rounder. I went for around 2 an over, everyone else went for 4/5 and even 6 an over, and Keaton Jennings even bowled 8 overs?? Either way, Pakistan made 400 in their first innings, all out with overs still to bowl on Day 1! That’s too much.

Likewise, England chased down 401 to win in the same game on Day 5 before lunch. They did it in 81 overs at just under 5 runs per over. I made 4 then nicked the spinner to slip, so it was pretty much all simulated AI. Again, that run rate is far too high. Root made 144 from 160. Bairstow made 104 from 118. It’s ODI pace.

Secondly, there seems to be no issue with 4th inning run chases. England chased that 401 down with little issue, losing only 5 wickets (of which I was one of them). In the previous game, Pakistan made 449-9 to draw the 1st test.

For both tests the pitch was grassy, hard, uneven, light cracks and fast wear. By day 4 and especially day 5 it should have been trash. I also have fairly aggressive bowling sliders, swing especially. So yeah, shame that happens as well.

Generally enjoying playing again, but that’s 2 things that have really stuck out for me so far.

This has been a thing since DBC17. Batting is too fast in simulated tests.

Users who are viewing this thread