dbc17 hacks: fearsome tweak v1.51

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
8782e4fdda.png

Well, best effort I've ever seen from the AI by a mile. Using the new version of the mod with basically the same shot setting as for the Bangladesh innings. I didn't really play around too much with the run-rate modifier as it's a test match, just boosted it a bit at the end to simulate tailenders hitting out.

Still seems like the AI is incredibly bad at converting 50s to 100s for some reason.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
8782e4fdda.png

Well, best effort I've ever seen from the AI by a mile. Using the new version of the mod with basically the same shot setting as for the Bangladesh innings. I didn't really play around too much with the run-rate modifier as it's a test match, just boosted it a bit at the end to simulate tailenders hitting out.

Still seems like the AI is incredibly bad at converting 50s to 100s for some reason.

I've had about 15 50's and no centuries.

I think I will never understand this game, and I really, really hope Ashes cricket doesn't have the same bizarre AI. Like they hit out with the last ball of the over so they seem to get out before 100.

Can anyone manage to get separate over run rates for different batsmen because I still can't.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner

I think I will never understand this game, and I really, really hope Ashes cricket doesn't have the same bizarre AI. Like they hit out with the last ball of the over so they seem to get out before 100.

Can anyone manage to get separate over run rates for different batsmen because I still can't.

have you tried very high values? like 100

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
have you tried very high values? like 100

Yes no luck, it just doesn't appear to stick for each batsman. I was wondering if others could try

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018

Yes, it is really crazy that the one century I've seen ever was in a T20. I'm almost positive it must have something to do with the confidence meter but don't really have any ideas of how to possibly fix it.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
Yes, it is really crazy that the one century I've seen ever was in a T20. I'm almost positive it must have something to do with the confidence meter but don't really have any ideas of how to possibly fix it.

you could try to reduce the bowler confidence, with the option in the scenario editor

@Langeveldt does the runrateball work instead? it should be easy to test it, while runrateover differences are less obvious

i'll make a debug version that shows the run rate value chosen by the AI (both default and custom) so we can see what is happening.
Maybe the AI chooses to smash the last ball of the over to compensate the lack of runs, so it will stay in the required run rate

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
you could try to reduce the bowler confidence, with the option in the scenario editor

@Langeveldt does the runrateball work instead? it should be easy to test it, while runrateover differences are less obvious

i'll make a debug version that shows the run rate value chosen by the AI (both default and custom) so we can see what is happening.
Maybe the AI chooses to smash the last ball of the over to compensate the lack of runs, so it will stay in the required run rate

The number does not stick when you are inputting it into the hack. So have Cook and Ali batting, and try and set Cook to 3 runs per over and Ali to 4. You will see what i mean. Type in 3 for Cook, set, , and then 4 for Ali, set, , go back to Cook, and he is stuck on the 4 that you typed for Ali.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
The number does not stick when you are inputting it into the hack. So have Cook and Ali batting, and try and set Cook to 3 runs per over and Ali to 4. You will see what i mean. Type in 3 for Cook, set, , and then 4 for Ali, set, , go back to Cook, and he is stuck on the 4 that you typed for Ali.

after you press "set run rate" the number it's loaded in memory, it doesnt matter what the it's showing in the box. It's a problem
of my interface, i admit is not the best. I have checked many times and the input is loaded correctly.

The 2 checkbox "runrateover" and "runrateball" instead show correctly the settings for both batsmen.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
after you press "set run rate" the number it's loaded in memory, it doesnt matter what the it's showing in the box. It's a problem
of my interface, i admit is not the best. I have checked many times and the input is loaded correctly.

The 2 checkbox "runrateover" and "runrateball" instead show correctly the settings for both batsmen.

Ahhh that explains it then. Sorry I assumed that it was reverting back to whatever is in the box.

drastsab

Club Captain
hi, this mod is called Fearsome Tweak, it allows some customization of the game.

usage: download the mod file and copy it in a directory (any directory will do).
Run the game, when in the menu, press START on the mod program and wait that it loads (it should take few seconds). Then select one of the options. Don't close the program, leave it in the background.

If you need more info, try to read the HELP file if it's present, or the help included in the game.

Note on scenario editor:
With the scenario creator you can recreate a game situation. The first options must be used when you are simulating the game, i suggest to simulate one ball at time. For the other options for confidence/stamina, select your values with the sliders, press "set stamina/confidence" and then, ONLY before a ball is bowled press UP on the pad to load the values. It will open the window on screen so you can check. You have to press UP when the umpire has his arm lowered, then it will raise the arm and the values will be loaded (you can check them in the windows that opens). If it doesnt work, keep trying.

when you simulate a game (i suggest one ball at time), you can use the first 4 functions:
-"stop scoring" will stop the batsmen from getting runs.
-"fast scoring" will make the batsmen get run every ball
-"stop wickets" will stop the bowling team from getting wickets
-"wicket" the batsman on strike will lose the wicket
In this way you can easily decide what should happen in the game, and using the simulation allows the match to advance correctly,
with score, ball degradation, pitch degradation, weather changes etc. will all be correct. The final result is very good in my opinion.

a video that shows the mod:

Explain me about BATTING SPEED MODIFIER IN fearsome tweak V 1.51.
I set Z= 200 X =200 Y= 200. BUT Ball bounce heavily.

Users who are viewing this thread