Not had one c&b by AI bowler but slow throws from boundary are annoying

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
34Lasam.jpg
20190119232140_1.jpg
20190120233853_1.jpg

Finished playing three pretty good ODIs.

Some issues but definitely a far more enjoyable experience. Third one I really had to dig in and recover from 83/5 with a hundred partnership with Ali and Buttler to get me home.

AI does seem to use up at least one bowler a bit too early. Was nice to see Raina come in for Chahal, who was expensive, but not until the 39th over. By then Pandya (who had four wickets) and Thakur (who was fairly economical) had bowled out. Think saving at least one of them back for the last ten might make more sense.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Very nice sir. What difficulty do you play on?

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
And reduce the number of direct hits from the boundary

One thing that really annoys me and I’d like changed is the ridiculous caught and bowled by fast bowlers , when you leather it straight out the middle and they nonchalantly catch one handed , not very realistic....

And then you mistime it , and the bowler refuses to just stick his hand out to take the catch.

Its the wrong way around..

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
So this isn't the old patch with me batting first, although it looks like it. It's me doing to the AI what the AI has been doing to me for months. See scorecards below.

Pre-patch I'd have struggled to chase that score. This felt easier than ever. I could have probably gone more aggressive but I don't remember ever having two centuries in an ODI, so I was really going all in for that when it looked possible.

AI field settings, bowling and bowling selection/rotation are still the big issues for me in terms of batting. 212/1... bring in a silly point or a first slip & gully when I've been smearing it through backward point all innings - but leave a huge gap there for me to carry on. Bumrah was going consistently for 8 an over yet bowled seven from the start. Jadeja didn't come on until 20-25 overs when I'd all but wrapped it up, despite possibly being the highest rated bowler in that side (don't @ me).

I probably sound more negative than I am intending to be. I still had fun. I'm not going to give up based on one game, I'll probably play around with things, maybe up the difficulty. I've no idea how these new sliders impact my old ones. But the above are things that I don't know if they can be fixed through modifiers or re-skilling.

34Lasam.jpg
DOP9kaO.jpg
3oPQtdU.jpg
iQ7FNul.jpg
NyhVVan.jpg

Hi @wasteyouryouth

Can you share a screenshot of your modified sliders & also the Timing window & Edge Sliders ??

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Not sure if this is related to the latest patch or not, but this is the first time I’ve ever seen this from the AI in any game I’ve played, in any format, on any difficulty.

Absolute dolly!

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Not sure if this is related to the latest patch or not, but this is the first time I’ve ever seen this from the AI in any game I’ve played, in any format, on any difficulty.

Absolute dolly!
I've had this a lot more often since the patch. Also had one where third slip dropped it and second slip caught it on the rebound.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Its amazing how many tailenders makes 50's and even centuries. Small things like this that might change the outcome of a match. The game is much better but it could be fantastic if these small bugs get fixed.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
It is possible in real cricket but not every 2nd match that is played. It also is possible to fix this as BA showed us this last patch

D

Deleted member 185125

Good workaround but still doing developers job for them ?
They asked me not to tell anyone. Oops.
On a serious note, don't think if there is anything else in the game which could differentiate a normal batsman and a tail ender.

Users who are viewing this thread