INVITATION TO PLAYTEST | Ideal Slider Settings

How's the gameplay with my slider?

• Brilliant! Spot on! Five Star Stuff!

• Need Improvement! (Kindly suggest via comment)

• You've ruined the gameplay! Horrible!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nishit Naik

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
This thread is for playtest, and Further tune-up suggestions.
Let's find out the best possible settings for Sliders, together! Thanks!

This physics slider settings is purely for Men's Cricket!

View attachment 211009

Got two good games with this.
An F5 (Bowl for both sides) on green top under overcast condition, between Delhi and Islamabad.
View attachment 211010

And a Test match (Played as Africa) between South Africa & Sri Lanka on a dusty track under Cloudy condition. Huh! It's a batting feast!
View attachment 211011

Naturally, player's overall rating is impacting the gameplay as well. Like, A 90 overall bowler, barely conceding a six, and stuffs like that.
So, fyi, I did this playtest on gillyboy04 & cricket205's county teams, soumyadip's IPL teams & the rest from Llewelkyf & wasteyouryouth1's creation. Women's teams are from Bradalyn & wasteyouryouth1.

This physics slider settings is purely for Women's Cricket!
View attachment 211012
Got two great Women's game as well. Played both on a Soft, Dry, light cracked pitch under bright sunshine. (the T20 is on Worn pitch rather than the light crack)

The Test match between Bangladesh & West Indies (Played as Windies) was spectacular. Tight swing bowling on first hour, then easy to bat on track and finally spinners were difficult to negotiate, on last day! Had to play way too cautiously to get the win.

View attachment 211013

And then this T20. I've bowled for both sides. It was fantastic to watch the pitch, gradually getting slower and difficult to bat on, that denied England the Win, despite a steady start up front.

View attachment 211014

Kindly give it a playtest & Share your findings! I hope My slider settings can improvise the gameplay as well as your gaming experience!

CnC's are welcome! Thank you!
This thread is for playtest, and Further tune-up suggestions.
Let's find out the best possible settings for Sliders, together! Thanks!

This physics slider settings is purely for Men's Cricket!

View attachment 211009

Got two good games with this.
An F5 (Bowl for both sides) on green top under overcast condition, between Delhi and Islamabad.
View attachment 211010

And a Test match (Played as Africa) between South Africa & Sri Lanka on a dusty track under Cloudy condition. Huh! It's a batting feast!
View attachment 211011

Naturally, player's overall rating is impacting the gameplay as well. Like, A 90 overall bowler, barely conceding a six, and stuffs like that.
So, fyi, I did this playtest on gillyboy04 & cricket205's county teams, soumyadip's IPL teams & the rest from Llewelkyf & wasteyouryouth1's creation. Women's teams are from Bradalyn & wasteyouryouth1.

This physics slider settings is purely for Women's Cricket!
View attachment 211012
Got two great Women's game as well. Played both on a Soft, Dry, light cracked pitch under bright sunshine. (the T20 is on Worn pitch rather than the light crack)

The Test match between Bangladesh & West Indies (Played as Windies) was spectacular. Tight swing bowling on first hour, then easy to bat on track and finally spinners were difficult to negotiate, on last day! Had to play way too cautiously to get the win.

View attachment 211013

And then this T20. I've bowled for both sides. It was fantastic to watch the pitch, gradually getting slower and difficult to bat on, that denied England the Win, despite a steady start up front.

View attachment 211014

Kindly give it a playtest & Share your findings! I hope My slider settings can improvise the gameplay as well as your gaming experience!

CnC's are welcome! Thank you!
Playing on classic or standard controls??

Mrakh

School Cricketer
I’ve been playing a lot with pitch and ball friction and used to think high friction = more edges but I’ve now found that it’s actually the opposite.

I’ve had a lot of fun with pitch friction 19, ball friction 22 while batting.

And I’ve also found that a good bowling challenge is pitch friction 78, ball friction 84, it’s hard to get a team out for under 400 like that which sets up a really competitive match.

I now tune my sliders based on the pitch and stage of the game, which allows a very realistic game progression in tests, start high friction and by day 3 wind it right down and you have a real test match feel.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I’ve been playing a lot with pitch and ball friction and used to think high friction = more edges but I’ve now found that it’s actually the opposite.

I’ve had a lot of fun with pitch friction 19, ball friction 22 while batting.

And I’ve also found that a good bowling challenge is pitch friction 78, ball friction 84, it’s hard to get a team out for under 400 like that which sets up a really competitive match.

I now tune my sliders based on the pitch and stage of the game, which allows a very realistic game progression in tests, start high friction and by day 3 wind it right down and you have a real test match feel.

Would you be able to suggest what numbers you'd use for pitch and ball friction on days 1-5 please?

Thank you!

Mrakh

School Cricketer
Would you be able to suggest what numbers you'd use for pitch and ball friction on days 1-5 please?

Thank you!

I guess it depends on the pitch but for example if we’re thinking of the modern dry hard pitch and your opposition bats First I’ll go:

Day 1: Ball friction 85 Pitch friction 79. They’ll probably bat till lunch on day 2.

Then I’d dial each down by 20 (40 if you want a challenge) for your first innings.

And then for the 2nd innings go Ball friction 42 pitch friction 35, you’ll get them for under 200-250 if you bowl well.

Then if you want a real challenge for the ru chase you can go ball friction 20 pitch friction 15. That’s just a guide and will vary based on how you play and your own preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread