Pakistan tour of South Africa - 2018/19

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Cannot agree with this at all. Amla averages over 50 in ODI's, with a strike rate of close to 90. He has 27 centuries in just 167 innings. Conversion rate is also outstanding with 36 fifties. I'm not sure what on earth you're talking about with the "vastly overrated" claim. Care to elaborate? Doesn't really make any sense to me. Any team, and I mean any team, will take De Kock as their wicket keeper with their eyes closed. Not even close as a contest right now. Bairstow might be the only exception there. Du Plesis is a great captain and batsman. Once again, I'm not sure what you mean. Tahir's numbers are a bit down in the last two years but are by no means average. Still talking more wickets than innings played.

Stats and mini skirts are the same. They never reveal the full picture. Amla is a solid bat. Deserving of his spot as well as de Kock. But, are they world beaters? No. England have a whole host of batters in that mould and India have 2-3. NZ have Williamson and the Aussies have Warner. This SA batting has batted around AB in the last decade or so and that's why they've looked good. The stats can go and twerk off for all I care. The reason Amla is not a match winner per se in limited overs is because he batted 50 overs and still couldn't destroy the opposition. Put Rohit Sharma there and he will probably make a double or a daddy hundred.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Amla has been out of form a while prior to this series. Yesterday’s performance was also poor, considering that they still had the likes of Miller, du Plessis to bat. It almost seemed like he was playing for his own score, like a certain India keeper...

Van der Dussen seems like a decent player and should be persisted with. I believe that their bowling attack is good enough to win games (except for the lack of a quality 5th bowler and part-timers) but their batting seems to lack the power hitters (apart from Miller and De Kock) that most other teams seem to have, a bit like Bangladesh.

Is Hasan Ali the best pace bowler in the Pakistani team overall? He’s always been impressive whenever I watch him play. Wonder why Junaid Khan and Amir didn’t play.

peace patel

School Cricketer
i see game today in 4 hours or so.

Rassie Dussen become only 4th player who dismissed in 90's on ODI debut, other 3 were

p.Jaques#
Flemmings+
Morgan *

* Morgan debut for ireland first, was 99 run out
presently he is captain of england t20i team

+S.Flemming only player in international cricket
who dismissed in 90's in both ODI & test debut for NZ

# australias Jaques scored century in his last test but was out in 90's during ODI debut

peace patel

School Cricketer
Amla has been out of form a while prior to this series. Yesterday’s performance was also poor, considering that they still had the likes of Miller, du Plessis to bat. It almost seemed like he was playing for his own score, like a certain India keeper...

Van der Dussen seems like a decent player and should be persisted with. I believe that their bowling attack is good enough to win games (except for the lack of a quality 5th bowler and part-timers) but their batting seems to lack the power hitters (apart from Miller and De Kock) that most other teams seem to have, a bit like Bangladesh.

Is Hasan Ali the best pace bowler in the Pakistani team overall? He’s always been impressive whenever I watch him play. Wonder why Junaid Khan and Amir didn’t play.
sir
track on 1st ODI same as in pakistan but i bet SA will win series Poor Olivier gone for 76 on debut but he will bounce back today, if makes it in xl.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
sir
track on 1st ODI same as in pakistan but i bet SA will win series Poor Olivier gone for 76 on debut but he will bounce back today, if makes it in xl.

If Olivier really wants to succeed and look for a good career ahead, he needs to get rid of the bouncers and short balls he bowled in thr first ODI with a test series in his mind. He needs to develop his skills for good length areas and yorkers, otherwise I am afraid there will be more tharshing coming ahead

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Such a vital and confidence boosting innings this from Sarfaraz, would have loved him getting a fifty. Well supported by Hasan Ali. Although Pakistan managed 200, I do not see a problem for South Africa to chase this down.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Well fought Pakistan but bad efforts by key batsmen. Once again falling flat against debutants and lesser known players except Olivier who has seen his good era I think and would be left out soon.

What a strategy that has been against us. Just induct debutants and win a game lol

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
van der Dussen and Phehlukwayo should consider themselves lucky to be playing against Pakistan.
Deserved defeat in the end, due to the horrible batting performance.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
van der Dussen and Phehlukwayo should consider themselves lucky to be playing against Pakistan. The latter in particular is bang average. Deserved defeat in the end, due to the horrible batting performance.

I do not think I agree, they both played well and took on the bowlers when it mattered. The innings Sarfaraz played should give him some confidence but I have noticed one thing, whenever Pakistan are in good position he should press on the accelerator and go for win. He gets a little relaxed too soon. In the end it was a good game of cricket.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I do not think I agree, they both played well and took on the bowlers when it mattered. The innings Sarfaraz played should give him some confidence but I have noticed one thing, whenever Pakistan are in good position he should press on the accelerator and go for win. He gets a little relaxed too soon. In the end it was a good game of cricket.
Yeah, i realise it was a comment made out of haste.
Sarfraz could be in serious trouble here, and i don't really know what to make of it http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25825291/on-field-comments-land-sarfraz-ahmed-dock
Sarfraz was caught clearly on the stump mics saying, in Urdu: "Abey kaale, teri ammi aaj kahaan baitheen hain? Kya parwa ke aaye hai aaj?".
Translated literally that is: "Hey black guy, where's your mother sitting today? What [prayer] have you got her to say for you today?"

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Clear cut racist remark. Shameful. Undeserving of the green jersey and the star on the cap. These idiots bring a bad name to our countries.

That clown Ramiz Raja heard it and managed to laugh. He should be the first to be removed. What a pleasure that would be. If those two Bombay clowns from India follow suit, I might just hear some commentary during a game.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Clear cut racist remark. Shameful. Undeserving of the green jersey and the star on the cap. These idiots bring a bad name to our countries.

That clown Ramiz Raja heard it and managed to laugh. He should be the first to be removed. What a pleasure that would be. If those two Bombay clowns from India follow suit, I might just hear some commentary during a game.
I'd be fine with whatever punishment, but then something should also be done about the South African board having a racial quota on their playing XI.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I'd be fone with whatever punishment, but then something should also be done about the South African board having a racial quota on their playing XI.
Ideally, there would be no argument against this. However, this has to be contextualized in South African history of exclusion for its black and racialized population. The quota is a response to a history of systemic exclusion. A case can be made for its removal if it can be determined that something has changed substantially, but sadly that is not the case. I have no problem with it personally.

Yeah, i realise it was a comment made out of haste.
Sarfraz could be in serious trouble here, and i don't really know what to make of it http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25825291/on-field-comments-land-sarfraz-ahmed-dock

Horrible. Nothing else to say here really. Not only should there be punishment, there should be some kind of education here. PCB would be wise to use this opportunity to educate all its players on matters like these. It is their responsibility. Cricket is a global game, and everyone should be hypersensitive of such matters. I agree with the point that events like this are an embarrassment for the country these people represent. Sarfaraz would be wise to reach out to Phehlukwayo and apologize personally, and hope he accepts. Say whatever you want about Harbaan, he reacted well in reaching out to Symonds in a friendly and apologetic manner.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Ideally, there would be no argument against this. However, this has to be contextualized in South African history of exclusion for its black and racialized population. The quota is a response to a history of systemic exclusion. A case can be made for its removal if it can be determined that something has changed substantially, but sadly that is not the case. I have no problem with it personally.
Yeah, it is a complicated subject, and things seem to be getting better, with the emergence of the likes of Rabada, Ngidi, Maharaj, Bavuma etc.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
On a cricketing note, they have got to get either Shan Masood or Rizwan in there. Preferably I would like to see Rizwan. He's earned an extended run. He gives it his all every time he plays.. Sadly the same cannot be said about a lot of the players right now. Imam got out early, but honestly, he did look good for a time. It was on a false shot which is much more frustrating than being beaten by a good delivery. Hussain Talat's inclusion was ridiculously rushed. He hasn't even really earned a spot in T20's yet. They should get Rizwan or Masood in there in his place. He can be a handy player from the looks of it (Talat) but needs a lot more time.

I would be tempted to try Imam at 4, and open with Masood and Fakhar. His strike rate is kind of low, and it might be interesting to see if he can keep the game ticking in the middle overs when the field is spread. Just a thought. I'm not sure if he's batted anywhere other than as an opener.

Users who are viewing this thread