Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25944668/test-cricket-dying-shashank-manohar

Finally, someone speaks cold truths. I agree with Manohar that test cricket does not hold the same interest anymore in today's times. I mean in an era where people find logic as to where every minute of their lives are being spent on, test cricket is always going to be a hard sell when it takes 5 days (and each day comprising almost a full working day, nearly ~7 hours). Even the highest quality of test matches are not going to be followed for the entire duration and anywhere close to it, by this generation and the upcoming generations. It's just a massive waste of time, even if you give me an epic test match that ebbs and flows and goes to a sensational ending.

Anyone who thinks that test cricket can be back to the mainstream again, are living in a fetish world. Maybe keep test cricket alive by playing it among very little countries and by making it an 'elite' format (just to please those few and diminishing group of people who have all the time in their life to follow every ball of a test match). Yes I have grown up in a generation where test cricket produced epic games and some of my best memories as a fan dates back to certain tests that were so absorbing. But even in those days, I have always asked myself and to others "why do people waste 5 days on a single game of sport that has a chance of not producing a result even after 5 days". And that has kept me away from the fanaticism that is part of the "Save Test Cricket" group.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25944668/test-cricket-dying-shashank-manohar

Finally, someone speaks cold truths. I agree with Manohar that test cricket does not hold the same interest anymore in today's times. I mean in an era where people find logic as to where every minute of their lives are being spent on, test cricket is always going to be a hard sell when it takes 5 days (and each day comprising almost a full working day, nearly ~7 hours). Even the highest quality of test matches are not going to be followed for the entire duration and anywhere close to it, by this generation and the upcoming generations. It's just a massive waste of time, even if you give me an epic test match that ebbs and flows and goes to a sensational ending.

Anyone who thinks that test cricket can be back to the mainstream again, are living in a fetish world. Maybe keep test cricket alive by playing it among very little countries and by making it an 'elite' format (just to please those few and diminishing group of people who have all the time in their life to follow every ball of a test match). Yes I have grown up in a generation where test cricket produced epic games and some of my best memories as a fan dates back to certain tests that were so absorbing. But even in those days, I have always asked myself and to others "why do people waste 5 days on a single game of sport that has a chance of not producing a result even after 5 days". And that has kept me away from the fanaticism that is part of the "Save Test Cricket" group.
I agree with this as well. There just isn't enough time for people. I understand the hesitations around altering Test cricket, but they should think about doing something. Perhaps reducing the number of overs and cutting a day, or something along those lines.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Surprise after surprise. First WI beat England, SL whitewash SA in their home, and now Afghanistan rack up the highest total in T20I history. This cricket has been damn exciting to watch!

B

Bigby Wolf

The rise of the Tendulkar in ODI cricket was phenomenal. Demonstrated in the above video wonderfully and Kohli is moving rapidly in those charts.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

What on God's green earth the feck was that? Ran all the way to mid off only to hit that nearly getting runout in that process.
His partner should've run to the other end. Brainless cricket by both of them.

Users who are viewing this thread