abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Gully boy was amazing...what a movie. Amazing performances. I think this is Ranveers best performance of his career

The drama was not over done and the audience was not treated like kids with spoonfeeding dialogues. The subtelty of the screenplay and the script was the winner. It helped the movie from turning into a preaching match and kept it focused on the protagonist, his struggles and his rise. Take a bow Zoya Akhtar and Reema Kagti for giving us one of the best movies of this decade.

Ending was lovely too and it was good that they did not stretch it. The final act by Gully Boy literally gave me goosebumps.

Will be going again this week. This movie had to be rewatched

B

Bigby Wolf

Gully boy was amazing...what a movie. Amazing performances. I think this is Ranveers best performance of his career

The drama was not over done and the audience was not treated like kids with spoonfeeding dialogues. The subtelty of the screenplay and the script was the winner. It helped the movie from turning into a preaching match and kept it focused on the protagonist, his struggles and his rise. Take a bow Zoya Akhtar and Reema Kagti for giving us one of the best movies of this decade.

Ending was lovely too and it was good that they did not stretch it. The final act by Gully Boy literally gave me goosebumps.

Will be going again this week. This movie had to be rewatched
Absolutley! The movie was not a typical bollywood type like overly dramatic etc. The movie was just like the raps of these underground rappers - hard hitting reality and the struggle a person has to endure coming from remote regions of the city.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Absolutley! The movie was not a typical bollywood type like overly dramatic etc. The movie was just like the raps of these underground rappers - hard hitting reality and the struggle a person has to endure coming from remote regions of the city.

Exactly. Well said

This movie was about the struggle of a guy from slums making it big in the rap world, but I am sure it would resonate with folks from different fields who have come from lesser backgrounds to achieve excellence in any field.

What were you fav scenes?

My topmost scene was when Murad is driving his boss's daughter from the party and she is crying. And he wants to console her but he can't because he doesn't have the 'aukaad'. So he just converts his dilemma into a rhyme. The acting and the lyrics by Javed Akhtar just touched me so much

B

Bigby Wolf

Exactly. Well said

This movie was about the struggle of a guy from slums making it big in the rap world, but I am sure it would resonate with folks from different fields who have come from lesser backgrounds to achieve excellence in any field.

What were you fav scenes?

My topmost scene was when Murad is driving his boss's daughter from the party and she is crying. And he wants to console her but he can't because he doesn't have the 'aukaad'. So he just converts his dilemma into a rhyme. The acting and the lyrics by Javed Akhtar just touched me so much
The last rap battle when Muraad does that heart beat mic scene and that whole rap he does to qualify for the finals. Another scene that hit me when Murad tells his father not to say anything about aukaad.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
‘Gully Boy’ - Masterstroke!! A gem of a film, really! I’m a huge Zoya Akthar fan and she turns it on spectacularly from the word go. Everything about the movie is just full on dripping in passion and hits you rock hard. I absolutely loved Ranveer Singh's performance but the performer of the movie to me was Alia Bhatt and her Safeena character, who had an aggressive and violent love for Ranveer's Murad. Its almost like a role reversal and Alia pulled it off spectacularly.

Ranveer is just jumping the ladder dramatically and he has become this 'Superstar' who can almost do NOTHING wrong. His performance was probably one of the best by a mainstream actor in recent times. The music just so brilliantly complements the movie. All the actors are 'sensational good', with Siddanth Chaturvedi, Vijay Varma, Vijay Raaz being the standouts. Zoya Akthar and Reema Kagti dont let it up at any place whatsoever.

I wish this movie becomes a huge blockbuster, so that it paves way for more of such 'passion driven projects' that make big money in Bollywood. To me, Zoya Akthar is the best director at the moment and to me, she surpasses Rajkumar Hirani (though the right wingers won't like it, considering Zoya's movies are tinged more towards the liberals side).

4.5/5

+1000. That is the scene which uses the "Doori Poem" track. And when the track released as part of the album, you thought it might be about lovers. But actually that track was about "the distance created between human beings, based on class" and that was just brilliant. A social message was conveyed in such a spectacularly emotional manner with the lyrics and music elevating it to a massive high.

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
One problem with gully boy is that I would have liked a longer rap battle. I just love the scene and the "ye sikka mera bolega" was awesome!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I am actually waiting to watch 'Kabir Singh'. Though I usually watch Telugu films, somehow I was never attracted towards Arjun Reddy and I still am not attracted towards it. And now that Shahid is doing the remake, I'd rather watch Kabir Singh for Shahid. Though, I really like Vijay Deverekonda in some of his other films in Telugu but I never could sit to watch Arjun Reddy.

The two songs from Kabir Singh so far, are very very good. I am actually a bigger fan of Shahid than Ranbir Kapoor (who is one of my favorites from the current lot). Somehow Shahid never realized that potential to be massive. He still has time and can get there if he picks right films.

RPHKR

National Board President
Saw Article 15 and liked it. It has some problems like the White Saviour Narrative but I feel it is an important film in the current scenario.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Incredibly saddened with the untimely demise of Irrfan Khan. Quite an underrated performer, and it is a little surprising as well as heart-breaking to go back in memory and realize in how many of my favourite movies, he had a role. I don't feel attached to celebrity deaths, but god this felt gutting. May his soul rest in peace.

Inna Lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Two wonderful actors, who leave us behind with loads of memories and films that'll be watched and felt nostalgic about! Rest in peace, Irrfan Khan and Rishi Kapoor! Was watching Piku yesterday and Irrfan has the ability to lift the film several notches even when a legend like Amitabh is literally running away with it all! Gut wrenching days, these last two have been!

I can't believe Irfan Khan is dead! One of those actors who actually knew how to act. And was good at it. Shame! :eek::eek::eek::eek::(:(:(

Why is it 'shame'? Not sure I agree with the usage of that word here. I'd say 'Sad'.. Death is the ultimate truth of life and nothing to be shameful about.

Users who are viewing this thread