Share your gameplay videos here

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Its interesting that with only 2 wickets down they didnt post a bigger score. I havent played an ODI with the sliders yet but I previously struggled to keep them under 300, however I did make the pitches very batting friendly

When posting the scorecard last night, that was one of the things I mentioned. Really disappointed they didn’t start smashing me around the ground with so many wickets in hand.

Also, they should have been better with field placings once I got down to needing 3/4 an over. Still had obvious gaps to generally milk three singles an over no problem.

Massive collapse aside, that is....

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
When posting the scorecard last night, that was one of the things I mentioned. Really disappointed they didn’t start smashing me around the ground with so many wickets in hand.

Also, they should have been better with field placings once I got down to needing 3/4 an over. Still had obvious gaps to generally milk
three singles an over no problem.

The ODI mentality is still lacking with the AI. Field placement is still a massive issue. Their ability to chase a big total is also still a problem, way to defensive in the middle overs and never really push on in the closing overs. That is the one thing i hope is vastly improved on in Ashes 19

sonimrajk

County Cricketer

Also, they should have been better with field placings once I got down to needing 3/4 an over. Still had obvious gaps to generally milk three singles an over no problem.

What modifiers have you used for ODI matches ? can you please share them?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
What modifiers have you used for ODI matches ? can you please share them?

All the details you need are in these links

I'm using the DJMethod teams detailed here - https://www.planetcricket.org/forums/threads/dean-johnes-method-reskilling-players.111768/

The sliders and settings are all documented here - https://www.planetcricket.org/forums/threads/around-the-world-in-80-pitch-sliders.112469/
For this particular game, I used the "Day 3" Australia settings, so 17 for Spin Revs, 40 for Pitch Friction and 45 for Ball Friction.

sonimrajk

County Cricketer
All the details you need are in these links
What short force are you using for ONE Days ? is it 26 for one days too ? I am asking this question because ball is really travelling slow in the outfield for me with the below general settings.

Timing - 85
Foot Placement - 85
Bowl Quality - 100
Shot Choice - 85

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Ah I see. I'm pretty sure the shot force was set to either 26 or 30, but from memory I want to say I left it at 26.

I agree, that does make hitting boundaries harder without using lofted shots so it depends on what sort of experience you're looking for. If you take it back up to around 35, you'll be hitting boundaries no problem.

Some of the faster boundaries in that highlights video were edges. They seem to absolutely fly off the bat for some reason!

krishri

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
New Zealand vs England Worldcup 2019 finals

online 2p : England
AI:New Zealand
Difficulty:Veteran
pitch : Dry & Soft

New Zealand win toss and bat
8/249

1st innings video here

will history repeat itself at Lords today.

Users who are viewing this thread