Ashes Cricket 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Not sure it’s this thread that I should post in or the other as we now seem to have 2 threads about basically the same thing!

Glad they’re doing another Ashes game, though we pretty much knew that anyway from the podcast before Christmas.

Not fussed at what point in the summer it comes out as I wouldn’t plan on touching it for at least six months after release. It’s got December 2019 sale written all over it.

I’d be pleasantly surprised if the launch price is anything lower than £40, and considering the investment the last Ashes needed in terms of editing, sliders, patches and general trial and error to make it play more authentically and enjoyably, I can’t justify to myself outlaying a premium price for another game like that.

Like pretending it’s ok that the wicket keeper running past the stumps then throwing the ball backwards to do a stumping is ok, or dealing with the way off run rates when simming that really hurts career. Ashes 17 was say, 80% solid, and you could add 10% more to that through your own efforts and ability to overlook stuff. The remaining 10% you just have to make peace with.

Still, got a lot of enjoyment from 17, on and off (and still doing so now). Fingers crossed that 19 is an upgrade in all the ways that matter. But it’s a wait and see for me, sorry if it halts the hype train!
Min price will be 49.99 .I expect it to be even more will have to be exceptional for me to part with that sort of money again.Will wait for sale.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
The rumour was that he had been asked to do it but during the shoot it didnt work out so someone else was asked and they asked him again and it didnt work out during the shoot so they asked someone else and then they asked him again and during...............

And all the while James Vince did shoots elsewhere really well before sitting and watching Jennings glumly, wondering what he’d done wrong....

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Ignorant question but if I’m on PS4 how do I get my photo onto the Academy?

USB stick in TV is it via PS button? Sorry but I don’t really play anything else apart from getting my console out everytime Big Ant try another cricket game.

Many thanks

NursingHomeFire

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The rumour was that he had been asked to do it but during the shoot it didnt work out so someone else was asked and they asked him again and it didnt work out during the shoot so they asked someone else and then they asked him again and during...............
i wait 6 months before i get it and only when the prices has dropped by at least 60% min before i buy it or wait for a poor sod to sell his
did the same with ashes cricket after the dbc 17 nonsense they released

N Jones

Club Captain
Not sure it’s this thread that I should post in or the other as we now seem to have 2 threads about basically the same thing!

Glad they’re doing another Ashes game, though we pretty much knew that anyway from the podcast before Christmas.

Not fussed at what point in the summer it comes out as I wouldn’t plan on touching it for at least six months after release. It’s got December 2019 sale written all over it.

I’d be pleasantly surprised if the launch price is anything lower than £40, and considering the investment the last Ashes needed in terms of editing, sliders, patches and general trial and error to make it play more authentically and enjoyably, I can’t justify to myself outlaying a premium price for another game like that.

Like pretending it’s ok that the wicket keeper running past the stumps then throwing the ball backwards to do a stumping is ok, or dealing with the way off run rates when simming that really hurts career. Ashes 17 was say, 80% solid, and you could add 10% more to that through your own efforts and ability to overlook stuff. The remaining 10% you just have to make peace with.

Still, got a lot of enjoyment from 17, on and off (and still doing so now). Fingers crossed that 19 is an upgrade in all the ways that matter. But it’s a wait and see for me, sorry if it halts the hype train!
At last..somebody who actually has the sense to discuss the bugs in this game despite the patches...

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Don’t get me wrong, I’m still getting a lot of fun from Ashes 17. I’ve not taken it out of my machine in the last few months, but let’s not pretend it’s perfect because it isn’t.

The change in opinion on this forum since the announcement has been a bit of a head scratcher. Still, glad to see people are excited.

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For me, what I'd really like to see in the new ashes, is more of an environmental impact.

I want the ball to behave differently depending on humidity/cloud cover/location.

I'd love different pitches making a real noticable difference. including deterioration.

slow/fast outfield, after rain, or after the initial session.

all of the little things you find in a game like international cricket captain, that give you some decisions to make.

" is this batsman weak to spin? but is the pitch turning? what should I do "

BlaizFlare

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
For me, what I'd really like to see in the new ashes, is more of an environmental impact.

I want the ball to behave differently depending on humidity/cloud cover/location.

I'd love different pitches making a real noticable difference. including deterioration.

slow/fast outfield, after rain, or after the initial session.

all of the little things you find in a game like international cricket captain, that give you some decisions to make.

" is this batsman weak to spin? but is the pitch turning? what should I do "

Yeah, I hope they actually have rain this time, the weather doesn't really seem to have a physical impact on how the game rolls, which I hope can be fixed here.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Don’t get me wrong, I’m still getting a lot of fun from Ashes 17. I’ve not taken it out of my machine in the last few months, but let’s not pretend it’s perfect because it isn’t.

The change in opinion on this forum since the announcement has been a bit of a head scratcher. Still, glad to see people are excited.
My opinion shifted somewhat when they released that surprise patch. I'd posted (not saying that had anything to do with it :lol) that it would be a sign of good will to do so, particularly to fix the ODI issues.

The game is not perfect but you can at least play the three main formats to an enjoyable standard. That's my minimum expectation, everything else is a secondary consideration. It'd be nice to see the new game released at that level (and ideally improved). With each new release there seems to be regression from where the previous game was and then the same/similar issues have to be worked out all over again. So, there never seems to be any genuine progression in terms of the gameplay from game to game.

It might be a blessing if a PC release is delayed (I'd rather it wasn't) because I can at least judge the reaction to the game and whether or not I should purchase at the first available opportunity.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
My opinion shifted somewhat when they released that surprise patch. I'd posted (not saying that had anything to do with it :lol) that it would be a sign of good will to do so, particularly to fix the ODI issues.

The game is not perfect but you can at least play the three main formats to an enjoyable standard. That's my minimum expectation, everything else is a secondary consideration. It'd be nice to see the new game released at that level (and ideally improved). With each new release there seems to be regression from where the previous game was and then the same/similar issues have to be worked out all over again. So, there never seems to be any genuine progression in terms of the gameplay from game to game.

It might be a blessing if a PC release is delayed (I'd rather it wasn't) because I can at least judge the reaction to the game and whether or not I should purchase at the first available opportunity.
If I remember correctly.... BA said ALL games for Console are developed on PC.... so they make the game on PC first then port it to console right? Maybe they can at least to a separate Academy like they did in DBC 14, however I think the licences have something to do with that.... eish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread