'Cricket 19' has a May release

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlaizFlare

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Comes down to budget, would cost them far too much to have all the teams licensed, given it was the ECB who shared the video, seems clear it's focus is the Ashes and will no doubt feature all the current teams as best as they can get them to being current. I hope that it launches better than the way AO and Big Bash Boom did, I'll probably pick it up on release anyway, grown up playing and watching cricket after all.

That's true, but I'd also take into account that England is hosting the World Cup this year, so there's that as well.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I feel, we have a wonder community where all the current players can be created, so going for licensing of all the teams would really not that worthy.

I can see @MattW viewing this topic now... One thing, @BigAntStudios can do is, at the moment, there is more than 2 academy created squads (For say NZL) for one RL squad (of NZL), it sometimes causes confusion for casual users - Which team to download, which is best relica of RL Squad (of NZL). If this can be streamlined, it would be more useful.

Also let all the gamers who create players and squads an early access, so the game is ready to play all teams as per RL right from Day 1.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
I feel, we have a wonder community where all the current players can be created, so going for licensing of all the teams would really not that worthy.

I can see @MattW viewing this topic now... One thing, @BigAntStudios can do is, at the moment, there is more than 2 academy created squads (For say NZL) for one RL squad (of NZL), it sometimes causes confusion for casual users - Which team to download, which is best relica of RL Squad (of NZL). If this can be streamlined, it would be more useful.

Also let all the gamers who create players and squads an early access, so the game is ready to play all teams as per RL right from Day 1.
good idea I reckon a demo would be awesome so people can create early

Nix71289

Club Captain
Hi All,

Good to know that there is another cricket game lined up for release.
Being a cricket gamer for the last 18 odd years it gives a great pleasure to see new games coming in with more content.

I am sure some of you here are part of the Beta community and someone from Big ant also keeps a look here. I want to address a few issues here, if those can be looked upon in the upcoming game it would be really helpful.

Below are the suggestion:-

1. Risk factor with batting stance :- Normally cricket is played with batsman taking a guard on the leg stump or middle stump. But in ashes cricket there are some weirdly gifted players (i would choose to call them morons too) who take a guard on the off side wide line to hit all balls behind the square leg to get easy sixes. even mistimed shots do go for sixes or fall safe. This is a complete disgrace and should be dealt with in the up coming game. if the batsman is moving out of the regular stance the risk factor of he edging it on to the stumps or to the keeper should increase with each and every step he takes to right or left. Those batsman who stand on off stump wide line for all balls should have a 95% risk of getting out.

2. Fielders and fielding arm :- please stop super human fielding and silly drops with weird animation. Also most fielders in the game throw with the their left hand in the circle and right hand outside the circle even if it's not their preferred hand in the real life. Please get it fixed.

3. Age in career mode :- I hope i don't have to stress on this one as it would have been highlighted many a times.

4. Ball Marker :- so when I am bowling and going for a in-swinger and keeps the stick to an out-swinger angle the ball marker for the batsman shows it as out-swinger but comes in as an in-swinger. This is a big glitch in the game and should be rectified. Regardless of the ball type the ball marker should show which side its heading to so that batsman can play it properly.

5. Unorthodox shots :- they are massively over powered and most balls on any line and length can be played with these shots, it should have an associated risk factor too.

6. Locked players for online game play :- this is a must if there is a online mode, I am sure there are some real gamer's here who are pissed with some idiots playing the online game with custom team with everyone's height as 210 cm and 100 skills. who run like Flash from the DC comics between the wickets and Jumps like superman in the boundary and takes weird catches. At least give an option in the online mode for proper players to play with locked players so that a real game of cricket can be enjoyed. It can be something like "enforce locked players" just like the "enforce classic controls" option.

7. Wicket-keeping against spinners : - Keepers do miss most of the edges against spinners unless until they have been pushed to stand way behind the stumps which keepers never do in real life.

8. Cutters by seamer's and bounce :- cutters at 100 skills is as good as a off spinner / leg spinner at 160 kmph which is unbelievable. if it's worn out pitch on a 5th day its understandable but not for every game. The bounce of medium pacers is really awkward specially if they are short.

9. Red balls in online mode :- Some players come in the online game play only to bowl red balls. Their tiny cricketing sense doesn't let them do anything beyond that and most of the online leagues are played with a blanket rule of 2 red balls per over. Please reduce the Bowlers stamina at a higher rate if they keep bowling continuous red balls to an extent where they get an injury or something and are forced out of the game.

Many people will hate me for these suggestions as for them these are ways to bully their opponents and many will appreciate these as they want to play a proper game of cricket. Not sure whether these suggestion or any of these suggestions can be fixed but hoping to see a more balanced game of cricket where there is no place for such bullies who wants to abuse the great game called as the "Gentleman's game".

Last edited:

flake

County Cricketer

This !!

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Hi All,

Being a cricket gamer for the last 18 odd years it gives a great pleasure to see new games coming in with more content.

I am sure some of you here are part of the Beta community and someone from Big ant also keeps a look here. I want to address a few issues here, if those can be looked upon in the upcoming game it would be really helpful.

1. Risk factor with batting stance :- Normally cricket is played with batsman taking a guard on the leg stump or middle stump. But in ashes cricket there are some weirdly gifted players (i would choose to call them morons too) who take a guard on the off side wide line to hit all balls behind the square leg to get easy sixes. even mistimed shots do go for sixes or fall safe. This is a complete disgrace and should be dealt with in the up coming game. if the batsman is moving out of the regular stance the risk factor of he edging it on to the stumps or to the keeper should increase with each and every step he takes to right or left. Those batsman who stand on off stump wide line for all balls should have a 95% risk of getting out.

2. Fielders and fielding arm :- please stop super human fielding and silly drops with weird animation. Also most fielders in the game throw with the their left hand in the circle and right hand outside the circle even if it's not their preferred hand in the real life. Please get it fixed.

3. Age in career mode :- I hope i don't have to stress on this one as it would have been highlighted many a times.

4. Ball Marker :- so when I am bowling and going for a in-swinger and keeps the stick to an out-swinger angle the ball marker for the batsman shows it as out-swinger but comes in as an in-swinger. This is a big glitch in the game and should be rectified. Regardless of the ball type the ball marker should show which side its heading to so that batsman can play it properly.

5. Unorthodox shots :- they are massively over powered and most balls on any line and length can be played with these shots, it should have an associated risk factor too.

6. Locked players for online game play :- this is a must if there is a online mode, I am sure there are some real gamer's here who are pissed with some idiots playing the online game with custom team with everyone's height as 210 cm and 100 skills. who run like Flash from the DC comics between the wickets and Jumps like superman in the boundary and takes weird catches. At least give an option in the online mode for proper players to play with locked players so that a real game of cricket can be enjoyed. It can be something like "enforce locked players" just like the "enforce classic controls" option.

7. Wicket-keeping against spinners : - Keepers do miss most of the edges against spinners unless until they have been pushed to stand way behind the stumps which keepers never do in real life.

8. Cutters by seamer's and bounce :- cutters at 100 skills is as good as a off spinner / leg spinner at 160 kmph which is unbelievable. if it's worn out pitch on a 5th day its understandable but not for every game. The bounce of medium pacers is really awkward specially if they are short.

9. Red balls in online mode :- Some players come in the online game play only to bowl red balls. Their tiny cricketing sense doesn't let them do anything beyond that and most of the online leagues are played with a blanket rule of 2 red balls per over. Please reduce the Bowlers stamina at a higher rate if they keep bowling continuous red balls to an extent where they get an injury or something and are forced out of the game.

Many people will hate me for these suggestions as for them these are ways to bully their opponents and many will appreciate these as they want to play a proper game of cricket. Not sure whether these suggestion or any of these suggestions can be fixed but hoping to see a more balanced game of cricket where there is no place for such bullies who wants to abuse the great game called as the "Gentleman's game".
Good points. One point I would like to add is, all the bowlers are allowed or capable of bowling all type of deliveries, this isn’t true in cricket. This aspect makes the game a bit like Arcade.
I liked DBC 14, it allowed us to learn the skills via practice or in game execution not a mere point allocation to enhance a skill. In career mode, I would like the player to start his career with standard delivery + 1 type of delivery and over the course of his career he should be able gain points against different delivery type as he try to bowl more in matches/training

Not sure which way the Ashes 19 is planned, if it’s like DBC17 it will be a bit disappointing.

Last edited:

Nix71289

Club Captain
Ye
Good points. O point I would like to add is, all the bowlers are allowed or capable of bowling all type of deliveries, this isn’t true in cricket. This ascent makes the game a bit like Arcade.
I liked DBC 14, it allowed us to learn the skills via practice or in game execution not a mere point allocation to enhance a skill. In carrer mode, I would like the player to start his career with standard delivery + 1 type of delivery and over the course of his career he should be able gain points against different delivery type as he try to bowl more in matches/training

Not sure which way the Ashes 19 is planned, if it’s like DBC17 it will be a bit disappointing.
Yea I liked the way how DBC 14 was... This career mode is boring as after a point all players in all teams play with 100 skill points.. not realistic at all

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Also different skill set for different formats . You don't want Dhoni to play tests as be is retired and Pujara to play better than Rahul or Rohit in T20s. Pujara should have 80+ skills for tests and 70 for shorter formats (something like that)
Main important thing is Weather conditions and changes. It was good at the release of Ashes17 but after patches it is gone at the expense of gameplay improvement .
In Overcast conditions bright sun shining and Dark Shadows. I hope it will be fixed in Ashes19 game.

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hi All,

i liked your idea specily risk factor

BlaizFlare

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan

That's true and all, but with all due respect to the people who create players to be as accurate as possible, one thing they can't obviously create is how they bat, bowl, field, etc, which is what you'd get when you license the players, such as with the current licensed Australian and England players, it actually feels like you're them and such, and for a game series that's been around for quite a while now, I believe it's more than ideal to get more licenses from other cricket boards, to have the ultimate cricket game, imo at least.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
That's true and all, but with all due respect to the people who create players to be as accurate as possible, one thing they can't obviously create is how they bat, bowl, field, etc, which is what you'd get when you license the players, such as with the current licensed Australian and England players, it actually feels like you're them and such, and for a game series that's been around for quite a while now, I believe it's more than ideal to get more licenses from other cricket boards, to have the ultimate cricket game, imo at least.
They don't motion capture every single player. Maybe that will change for this new one.

What they could do is allow creators to add a description box with what changes they have made and also allow them to create collections (groups of teams, stadiums) that can be downloaded in one go instead of people downloading each individually.

BlaizFlare

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
They don't motion capture every single player. Maybe that will change for this new one.

What they could do is allow creators to add a description box with what changes they have made and also allow them to create collections (groups of teams, stadiums) that can be downloaded in one go instead of people downloading each individually.

Oh, I didn't know that, but with the thing about being able to license other nations is as I said that it's a 100% accurate one, with every possible detail, but I'd think that if this is a WC based title (which I hope it is), they'll likely get licenses from all participating nations and motion capture every player to make it as realistic as possible.

I do agree with the collection ideas, cuts you a lot of slack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread