Ashes Cricket General Discussion

A

Ankush978

Needs one more patch ashes 18
This issue is really needs to be fixed making the excellent game feel broken.

A

Ankush978

What's the issue?
Not any issue just shared the drop catches too manny in a single match i have around 500 clips of catches dropped it feels forced and drops frequenly either need to be based on user input or based on player fielding skills.
But now its random and moreover,the animations looks weird as well.

In this case both user input and fielding skills are out of question as the user is a top player and player skills are all 100.
So i feel ashes 18 need a catching patch.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Not any issue just shared the drop catches too manny in a single match i have around 500 clips of catches dropped it feels forced and drops frequenly either need to be based on user input or based on player fielding skills.
But now its random and moreover,the animations looks weird as well.

In this case both user input and fielding skills are out of question as the user is a top player and player skills are all 100.
So i feel ashes 18 need a catching patch.
no more patches... new game coming summer (England) 2019......

A

Ankush978

no more patches... new game coming summer (England) 2019......
I know there will be no more patches Ashes 19 is nearly ready so that we spend another 60 dollars my point to express this issue was so that ashes 19 gets rid of this issue.

A

Ankush978

then dont call it a patch
Why not you never know if bigant surprises us with a patch as still 3 months left with ashes 19.
I just want big ant to know about this issue and i am sure you are not involved in the patch building team.
So i call a patch or not i hope it should not bother you.
If big ant feel it needs a patch they can provide a 10 mb patch to fix this issue i think lets leave it on big ant as you are not building the patch for ashes.
If you feel Patch suggestion are not at all important
I feel bug reporting thread should be closed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nikhil Chandra

School Cricketer
Asking a noob question. Playing a local co-op with Batting Far as the camera angle. It feels somewhat un-intuitive for the bowler where choosing left (on Left Rotating Stick) leads to bowl being pitched on right side of the wicket and vise-versa.

Is there a way to fix this? As in if I am playing with Batting Far view, can the bowler choose left (on L Rotating Stick) and have the bowl pitch on the left side of the wicket.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I’m pretty sure there’s an inversion setting in the pause menu. I’m not on my console at the moment, it may be available during a game, or might need to be selected before you start playing.

If you can’t find it, shout up and I’ll look for sure next time I’m on

Mrakh

School Cricketer
There is a Ranji glitch which has started since the last update (I know it won’t get fixed now, just pointing it out)

It seems that what happens is the 12th man gets included in both lineups, and when the computer is fielding the 12th man bowls for the entire innings, and every bowling change is just a switch of ends for the 12th man for the whole innings.

E.g. 12th man (bowler 1) starts from Northern end for 5 overs, and in the 10th over a new bowler comes on at the Northern end and from the 11th over the 12th man is bowling from the Southern end, and so on for the entire innings.

I’m still fiddling around with this and I’m going to try and make the 12th man a batsman to see if this fixes it, I’ll post again when I’ve tested that. Has anybody else gotten this glitch? I’ve restarted Ranji 3 times now and gotten this every time whether I bat or field first. Pretty sad because I love to play the Ranji.
DsBftTx.jpg

Mrakh

School Cricketer
There is a Ranji glitch which has started since the last update (I know it won’t get fixed now, just pointing it out)

It seems that what happens is the 12th man gets included in both lineups, and when the computer is fielding the 12th man bowls for the entire innings, and every bowling change is just a switch of ends for the 12th man for the whole innings.

E.g. 12th man (bowler 1) starts from Northern end for 5 overs, and in the 10th over a new bowler comes on at the Northern end and from the 11th over the 12th man is bowling from the Southern end, and so on for the entire innings.

I’m still fiddling around with this and I’m going to try and make the 12th man a batsman to see if this fixes it, I’ll post again when I’ve tested that. Has anybody else gotten this glitch? I’ve restarted Ranji 3 times now and gotten this every time whether I bat or field first. Pretty sad because I love to play the Ranji.
DsBftTx.jpg

I just tested with batters at 12th man and it fixed the glitch, so for future reference if anybody plays Ranji always make a batsman the 12th man on BOTH teams to avoid a messy unrealistic match.

On the lighter side I just had a hilarious glitch happen, I bowled an off break and the ball bobbled off the pads, and the keeper PUNCHED the ball for six - it was recorded as 4LB. Hilarious.

Rajdeep895joshi

School Cricketer

DsBftTx.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread