'Cricket 19' has a May release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staresblank

Club Captain
I hope they don't make the bounce too different depending on bowling actions. Jimmy A's standard action barely hits the stumps on a good length, which is rather annoying!

Nix71289

Club Captain
I hope atleast the wicket keeper runs faster to collect the ball when it hits the batsman and they run for a bye.. right now the bowler is least interested to go get it and keeper is very slow to collect it.

ASHES_FAN

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I hope the boundary lenght is dependant on the size of the stadium not the format of the game. I hate feeling that all t20's are about the same lenght.

BlaizFlare

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I hope atleast the wicket keeper runs faster to collect the ball when it hits the batsman and they run for a bye.. right now the bowler is least interested to go get it and keeper is very slow to collect it.

At least someone shares the same pain as me!

A

Ankush978

Hi All,

Good to know that there is another cricket game lined up for release.
Being a cricket gamer for the last 18 odd years it gives a great pleasure to see new games coming in with more content.

I am sure some of you here are part of the Beta community and someone from Big ant also keeps a look here. I want to address a few issues here, if those can be looked upon in the upcoming game it would be really helpful.

Below are the suggestion:-

1. Risk factor with batting stance :- Normally cricket is played with batsman taking a guard on the leg stump or middle stump. But in ashes cricket there are some weirdly gifted players (i would choose to call them morons too) who take a guard on the off side wide line to hit all balls behind the square leg to get easy sixes. even mistimed shots do go for sixes or fall safe. This is a complete disgrace and should be dealt with in the up coming game. if the batsman is moving out of the regular stance the risk factor of he edging it on to the stumps or to the keeper should increase with each and every step he takes to right or left. Those batsman who stand on off stump wide line for all balls should have a 95% risk of getting out.

2. Fielders and fielding arm :- please stop super human fielding and silly drops with weird animation. Also most fielders in the game throw with the their left hand in the circle and right hand outside the circle even if it's not their preferred hand in the real life. Please get it fixed.

3. Age in career mode :- I hope i don't have to stress on this one as it would have been highlighted many a times.

4. Ball Marker :- so when I am bowling and going for a in-swinger and keeps the stick to an out-swinger angle the ball marker for the batsman shows it as out-swinger but comes in as an in-swinger. This is a big glitch in the game and should be rectified. Regardless of the ball type the ball marker should show which side its heading to so that batsman can play it properly.

5. Unorthodox shots :- they are massively over powered and most balls on any line and length can be played with these shots, it should have an associated risk factor too.

6. Locked players for online game play :- this is a must if there is a online mode, I am sure there are some real gamer's here who are pissed with some idiots playing the online game with custom team with everyone's height as 210 cm and 100 skills. who run like Flash from the DC comics between the wickets and Jumps like superman in the boundary and takes weird catches. At least give an option in the online mode for proper players to play with locked players so that a real game of cricket can be enjoyed. It can be something like "enforce locked players" just like the "enforce classic controls" option.

7. Wicket-keeping against spinners : - Keepers do miss most of the edges against spinners unless until they have been pushed to stand way behind the stumps which keepers never do in real life.

8. Cutters by seamer's and bounce :- cutters at 100 skills is as good as a off spinner / leg spinner at 160 kmph which is unbelievable. if it's worn out pitch on a 5th day its understandable but not for every game. The bounce of medium pacers is really awkward specially if they are short.

9. Red balls in online mode :- Some players come in the online game play only to bowl red balls. Their tiny cricketing sense doesn't let them do anything beyond that and most of the online leagues are played with a blanket rule of 2 red balls per over. Please reduce the Bowlers stamina at a higher rate if they keep bowling continuous red balls to an extent where they get an injury or something and are forced out of the game.

Many people will hate me for these suggestions as for them these are ways to bully their opponents and many will appreciate these as they want to play a proper game of cricket. Not sure whether these suggestion or any of these suggestions can be fixed but hoping to see a more balanced game of cricket where there is no place for such bullies who wants to abuse the great game called as the "Gentleman's game".
You missed a important issue glitchy sweep shots.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Also different skill set for different formats . You don't want Dhoni to play tests as be is retired and Pujara to play better than Rahul or Rohit in T20s. Pujara should have 80+ skills for tests and 70 for shorter formats (something like that)

Age in career mode. Good shout.

I think some clarity regarding if you sign for example for an NZ T20 side then get offers from Oz and Zim, it tells you which matches you’ll miss before you sign. I signed for Auckland then Taz and Zim team. Obviously I thought there’d be a crossover but I played 2 matches for Auckland, went to Taz and never made it to Zim.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
You missed a important issue glitchy sweep shots.

Hopefully they’ve made great strides. Ross was certainly proclaiming so on radio.

Some criticism of them not interacting much but if that means they’re working on the game then great.

I’d like to see backward facing catches ironed out and boundary catchers throwing the ball over the rope corrected as well.

One other thing, they went backwards with the last game where you had to enter name etc before you could select career player from Academy. Surely provide that option straight away then the option to amend if required.

gunit123

County Cricketer
Hopefully for fourth iteration we finally see some different bowling animations?

Would be great to see (and certainly something I would expect after the progress made w/batting animations in the last game).

One major issue I'd liked 'fixed' is fielding on the boundary line - it's a bit depressing when the fielder overruns or slides unnaturally over the boundary rope.

D

Deleted member 193590

Would be great to see (and certainly something I would expect after the progress made w/batting animations in the last game).

One major issue I'd liked 'fixed' is fielding on the boundary line - it's a bit depressing when the fielder overruns or slides unnaturally over the boundary rope.

catching needs to look a lot more realistic also.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

I think this could be improved by having the boundary bumpers have some movement. It might look less unnatural should a fielder cause them to be knocked over when they slide into them.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Let's hope they move forward on a pretty decent latest AC17 build and not randomly start from scratch again.

Let's have all attributes mattering if they are going to be changeable in the Academy.

That is all :)

And with an estimated 2,500 hours of time playing big ant cricket games, I'd love to be on the Beta team.. (Although I can't verify this as it was across PC, Xbox and Ps4 platforms)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread