Cricket 19 General Discussion

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Mwha reminds me of the joke of the woman who decided to tattoo B B on her bumcheeks for her husband who adored bridget bardot....she turns round bends over and says look love what i did for you....he says very nice but who the feck is Bob!
Aha that’s where I got it from lol, had an afterthought where I was thinking to myself.. gee “little big planet” you come up with some weird shit mate!

How about? hi mom cricket 19 out now

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
"When batting, the AI will rotate the strike to protect weaker players, and actively look for gaps in the field."

Do we think this might see us being able to set fields with specific gaps and a view to drawing the AI into edges? Or will the AI just pummel everything into gaps?

CornishCricketer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
"When batting, the AI will rotate the strike to protect weaker players, and actively look for gaps in the field."

Do we think this might see us being able to set fields with specific gaps and a view to drawing the AI into edges? Or will the AI just pummel everything into gaps?

Hopefully the AI won't just block 5 balls then smash the last ball for a boundary as with previous iterations

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Hope the AI is balanced in terms of milking runs from the gaps as well as going aerial when required. Overdoing both will result in being predictable.

Last edited:

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
If AI capable to successfully chase and defend the total 70% of time in all three formats in the normal difficulty setting, than it will be a perfect cricket game for sure...

passarapin

County Cricketer
AUS..
Gees, we may as well re
They haven’t done that for a while to be fair. We got rid of that a while back!
I feel it still happens early in the innings for my games

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
If AI capable to successfully chase and defend the total 70% of time in all three formats in the normal difficulty setting, than it will be a perfect cricket game for sure...

Sorry but I think this is kind of a bizarre statement. Why would you want the AI to win at a set flat percentage?

AI successfully chasing/defending should be based on multiple variables with by far the most important one being how well the player plays. If I bowl badly on a road against the current England team in an ODI I should lose pretty much 100% of the time imo, with them likely being able to chase down anything short of 400 (and even then 400+ is possible).

Unless I am misunderstanding your point?

Last edited:

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Till yesterday at any given time there was 20+ users logged in and 20+ guests viewing this thread. Since today its come down to a total of 20. The forum needs to be active and Big Ant need to drop in small details at least once a week to keep up the word of mouth publicity.

Pretty sure an active forum here will draw more potential customers.
The nerve...so entitled. Bin please.

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
So Big Ant is back! This time with a scenario editor woohoo. I wonder if we can spectate some good AI vs AI matches this time. A manager/Coach mode would be a great addition, but I guess it is not happening this time maybe in a future iteration? Who knows(Ross is the decision maker). Also don't know how many of you would like to have such mode, probably very few of you hehe.

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
So Big Ant is back! This time with a scenario editor woohoo. I wonder if we can spectate some good AI vs AI matches this time. A manager/Coach mode would be a great addition, but I guess it is not happening this time maybe in a future iteration? Who knows(Ross is the decision maker). Also don't know how many of you would like to have such mode, probably very few of you hehe.
I think AI simulation should be realistic for those who want to skip batting or bowling and for career mode. Maybe that would lead to good AI v AI matches but i really don't see the appeal.

As for coach mode, that seems like something for a separate game.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
I think AI simulation should be realistic for those who want to skip batting or bowling and for career mode. Maybe that would lead to good AI v AI matches but i really don't see the appeal.

As for coach mode, that seems like something for a separate game.

I really hope they've improved the match simulation engine. The constantly super high run rates have always bugged me in career mode throughout the last 2 games.

Oregonian

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United States
I hope we hear something about the release of Cricket Academy pretty soon. I am expecting BA to do some changes in the tournament creator mode. I would love to see more than 3 teams tournament being played in one country or there should be an option where we choose the stadiums for 4 teams, 5 teams, 6 teams, 8 teams tournaments etc.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
I have a doubt, Can a tournament or Tours (say like WC 2019 or AUS Tour of SAF) be created in academy and shared with other members to save in their database along with other preinstalled tournaments and tours ?

Users who are viewing this thread