New Game: Famous Last Words

D

Dutch

The idea is simple: think of famous last words people might have said....a couple of examples:

King Harold on his way to Hastings: Safety glasses? Nah thanks mate.......

The baker in London 1666: Did I turn the oven off? Yeah I am sure I did..........

Prize: Glorious fame and fortune spread to every corner, nook and cranny of this thread.........

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@Chief taking about any Brian Lara / Ashes Cricket game in noughties:

Gameplay taken to new level / unparalleled depth / easy to learn/hard to master / advanced AI *

*all in jest Chief, I really enjoyed BLC 2005 and IC2010 :p

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
"Nah this radium isn't harmful, turn the lights off, look it makes me glow in the dark" - Marie Curie, famous prankster

"Definitely no indians round these parts mate" - General Custer, famous blonde

"I'm going outside and I may be some time...I really need a poo" - Capt Laurence Oates, famous Polar crapper

"Two large popcorns and a tub of Chunky Monkey please...wait you're not the concessions girl" - Abraham Lincoln, famous hat and beard wearer

"Of course I'll go to heaven" - Margaret Thatcher, famous greengrocers daughter

Last edited:

Chief

Panel of Selectors
@Chief taking about any Brian Lara / Ashes Cricket game in noughties:

Gameplay taken to new level / unparalleled depth / easy to learn/hard to master / advanced AI *

*all in jest Chief, I really enjoyed BLC 2005 and IC2010 :p

Lol. These are definitely not mine.

Worth noting that those were the days before I was talking directly to the community: in those days PR departments used to write your quotes. Fun fact:, one of the Codies guys used to deliberately write things he knew I'd hate: and they usually ended up as headlines. (Anything with dreadful puns like "It will hit you for six" or "Pushing the boundaries" etc). They also drove the interviews/Q+As (although much of that *was* me, they always went through an editing process and things removed/added to make it "on message".)

They also collected a page of abusive quotes about me from various forums. They had it framed it for me when I left. :)

(NB: I genuinely loved everyone I worked with on Cricket: some terrific people: this was all done in good fun).

We DID genuinely have some stock phrases though: "Gameplay is king". We had "Built from the ground up" or "from scratch". We definitely had "bespoke engine". We had "Teach someone the sport, not the game". "Risk/Reward".

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lol. These are definitely not mine.

Worth noting that those were the days before I was talking directly to the community: in those days PR departments used to write your quotes. Fun fact:, one of the Codies guys used to deliberately write things he knew I'd hate: and they usually ended up as headlines. (Anything with dreadful puns like "It will hit you for six" or "Pushing the boundaries" etc). They also drove the interviews/Q+As (although much of that *was* me, they always went through an editing process and things removed/added to make it "on message".)

They also collected a page of abusive quotes about me from various forums. They had it framed it for me when I left. :)

(NB: I genuinely loved everyone I worked with on Cricket: some terrific people: this was all done in good fun).

We DID genuinely have some stock phrases though: "Gameplay is king". We had "Built from the ground up" or "from scratch". We definitely had "bespoke engine". We had "Teach someone the sport, not the game". "Risk/Reward".
Ha ha any chance of posting pic of the framed abusive quotes :p

Those stock phrases seem to get used in so many game releases too

Snooker 19 already quoting ‘built from the ground up’ but i am certain it will be built upon the 20 years of coding they have been using in the game ![DOUBLEPOST=1552742203][/DOUBLEPOST]
The idea is simple: think of famous last words people might have said....a couple of examples:

King Harold on his way to Hastings: Safety glasses? Nah thanks mate.......

The baker in London 1666: Did I turn the oven off? Yeah I am sure I did..........

Prize: Glorious fame and fortune spread to every corner, nook and cranny of this thread.........
Random vCash award for this new quiz as follows

F4551621-7834-44F0-B347-BBFC8E9950AF.jpeg

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
"Let me go to the house of the Father" - Pope John Paul II

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
"Well, gentlemen, you are about to see a baked Appel" - George Appel

"Hey, fellas! how about this for a headline for tomorrow's paper? French fries." - George French

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Ha ha any chance of posting pic of the framed abusive quotes :p
View attachment 218939

It's in the loft at my parent's place I think. It was mostly stuff about me knowing nothing about how to make a cricket game and being a big fat liar. Couple of sweary bits: I do remember that "British Tosser" was one of the bits highlighted in bold for me.

At the bottom was a copy of the charts and some smiley faces, and with it there is what remains of a "Number 1" balloon they put on my desk the day those arrived - I say: it was all in good fun.

Users who are viewing this thread