Votes: 92 74.8%
  • No!

Votes: 31 25.2%

• Total voters

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Apparently Amir and Asif are going to be in the England series squad, and could come in the final squad for the WC. So still a hope for Asif.
What do you mean here? I'm not sure about the rules, but can players be added later? I hope so. Absolutely bonkers that inclusion of Hasnain. Leaving out both Shinwari and Amir. Amir needs to be there at least, even if he isn't playing in my opinion. Also Rizwan being out is a travesty. I liked Abid Ali, but I'd rather have Rizwan over him. Gives you a better fielder, a wicket keeper and batting can be argued.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
To be honest Amir has been shockingly poor in ODI. He has taken just five ODI wickets in almost two years and 101 overs of bowling at an average of 92.60 per wicket and that is just not acceptable so I am not surprised that he is not included in the squad.

Happy to see Umar Akmal not in the squad.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What possibly warrants the inclusion of Hasnain??

I hope this ODI series allows the likes of Amir and Asif to prove themselves - they could be invaluable in the side.

Why drop Shinwari when he is your leading wicket taker over the last two years based on T20 performances.

Let's hope Pakistan use this opportunity to give the right guys the chance to prosper.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And Harris? Rizwan would've been better

He scored 2 centuries against Australia and provides a left-handed option. He averages nearly 50 in international ODI.

Though I don't understand the point of not taking Rizwan - he has been exceptional. At the very least, you need a back up keeper to Sarfaraz. I would rather have Rizwan in the side than the likes of Malik. Over the last 18 months, Malik has been dreadful after looking decent about a year and a half back.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I find it quite despicable what some governing members have done recently. A significant purge within the PCB is long, long overdue. We all know Pakistan are on the outside looking in in terms of their chances to hoist the WC. Hopefully, there can be a bittersweet end to this, in that, if Pakistan don't win, hopefully Imran Khan steps in and gets rid of these types of people all the way down to the management and selection committee and puts in some sensible people.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
To be honest Amir has been shockingly poor in ODI. He has taken just five ODI wickets in almost two years and 101 overs of bowling at an average of 92.60 per wicket and that is just not acceptable so I am not surprised that he is not included in the squad.

Happy to see Umar Akmal not in the squad.
Yes, but he honestly haven't bowled all that badly. Those are poor numbers no doubt, but they do not reflect how he's bowled. He's perhaps the most disciplined bowler Pakistan have in terms of line and length. I just feel it's a matter of time before those numbers self-correct.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Yes, but he honestly haven't bowled all that badly. Those are poor numbers no doubt, but they do not reflect how he's bowled. He's perhaps the most disciplined bowler Pakistan have in terms of line and length. I just feel it's a matter of time before those numbers self-correct.
Well I hope he can become a great bowler like he was before, we will find out against England if he has improved, we got great young bowlers now like Shaheen Shah Afridi it's just our batting that needs a lot of improving.
The England tour is make or break for Mohammad Amir.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Well I hope he can become a great bowler like he was before, we will find out against England if he has improved, we got great young bowlers now like Shaheen Shah Afridi it's just our batting that needs a lot of improving.
The England tour is make or break for Mohammad Amir.
I felt that they jumped the gun on bringing him back into the international side after dropping him initially. Also, I feel if the man doesn't want to play Test cricket then they should really stop forcing him. His heart doesn't seem to be in it, although that is just an impression I get as a viewer and I could be completely wrong. Pakistan has so many seam options that if they let Amir focus on his limited overs cricket, that won't hurt them at all. Especially if he can get his pace back because of decreased workload.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I felt that they jumped the gun on bringing him back into the international side after dropping him initially. Also, I feel if the man doesn't want to play Test cricket then they should really stop forcing him. His heart doesn't seem to be in it, although that is just an impression I get as a viewer and I could be completely wrong. Pakistan has so many seam options that if they let Amir focus on his limited overs cricket, that won't hurt them at all. Especially if he can get his pace back because of decreased workload.
I believe test matches are important because a good cricketer would always play test matches and if Mohammad Amir can't play test then we have a lot of great bowlers in Pakistan to pick from.
I think it's good thing that they picked him for the England tour to test him out in England, I believe now he will try hard to get picked for the world cup.
I don't care if you are Virat Kohli, if you perform poorly for 2 years then you should be dropped from the side, even Shoaib Malik is not playing great.

Users who are viewing this thread