Pro Cycling thread

D

Deleted member 193590

Neither would I! :lol
His pedals seemed higher up than in the pic and he was almost lying down!
Did you replace the spoke yourself?

lol it's a death trap. :lol
Yes it was a massive job just for a little piddling spoke,had to remove the wheel the disc brake rim,took the tyre and inner tube off.hardest job was taking the freewheel off, had to order a special tool to get it off and ordered the wrong one :lol that's what took so long.then it would still only come off in a vice.

WP_20190423_11_40_59_Pro.jpg WP_20190423_11_54_45_Pro.jpg

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
England
lol it's a death trap. :lol
Yes it was a massive job just for a little piddling spoke,had to remove the wheel the disc brake rim,took the tyre and inner tube off.hardest job was taking the freewheel off, had to order a special tool to get it off and ordered the wrong one :lol that's what took so long.then it would still only come off in a vice.

View attachment 219778 View attachment 219779
It's the fiddly jobs that are most difficult! I haven't had a broken spoke yet but if I do get one then my bike is going into the bike shop. :lol
So far I've fitted new road tyres, new rear brake pads, and replaced an inner tube, all done by myself :)
I can see your front tyre is facing the correct way :yes when I did put my new tyres on my bike was upside down so I did at first put the front tyre on the wrong way around!! :lol

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
England
at least you have a toolbox I just have crap lying round everywhere :D
I've put my tyre on the wrong way round,think everyone has :p
Took me nearly 3 hours,hopefully next time I can do it in about an hour.wouldn't have done it without YouTube though :lol
I did the same when my brake pads had worn down, i went on YouTube and watched a demo on how to tighten the calipers up, only had to watch it once as was very easy. My bike has a terrible squeak atm, i've oiled it everywhere but it's still squeaking, got a feeling it's coming from the frame with it being a Y Frame :facepalm don't need to use my bell while it's squeaking loudly! :D

D

Deleted member 193590

I did the same when my brake pads had worn down, i went on YouTube and watched a demo on how to tighten the calipers up, only had to watch it once as was very easy. My bike has a terrible squeak atm, i've oiled it everywhere but it's still squeaking, got a feeling it's coming from the frame with it being a Y Frame :facepalm don't need to use my bell while it's squeaking loudly! :D

lol must be mice :lol
No expert but if that was me I'd get the seat post out,clean it lube it and see if that stops it.

Users who are viewing this thread