Got Ashes Cricket. No Confidence meter?

kamyFC

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey guys,

Am a new Ashes Cricket 2019 player. Got it yesterday on Steam sale, even though Cricket 19 is around the corner. I figured Cricket 19 is going to take some time to sell on Steam, and its better to wait for couple of iterations of patches anyway.

I played Don Bradman Cricket 2014 for more than 200 hours and loved it. I ignored the DBC 17 release after the negative reviews.
So far Ashes Cricket looks fantastic, a true upgrade.

Just one question
- In DBC 2014, there was this Confidence Meter when u were batting. Is that gone? What are these bars - when you start its orange, then turns bright green, and then a dull green? Do these have any meaning?

2222.jpg

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Hey guys,

Am a new Ashes Cricket 2019 player. Got it yesterday on Steam sale, even though Cricket 19 is around the corner. I figured Cricket 19 is going to take some time to sell on Steam, and its better to wait for couple of iterations of patches anyway.

I played Don Bradman Cricket 2014 for more than 200 hours and loved it. I ignored the DBC 17 release after the negative reviews.
So far Ashes Cricket looks fantastic, a true upgrade.

Just one question
- In DBC 2014, there was this Confidence Meter when u were batting. Is that gone? What are these bars - when you start its orange, then turns bright green, and then a dull green? Do these have any meaning?

2222.jpg

The bars represent both confidence as well as energy, for both batsmen and bowlers.

The colour of the bar is confidence. They should start on red, then go orange, then bright green, and their highest level is the duller green. That’s the same for bowlers I believe. Unsure if anything quantifiable has ever been shown in terms of what confidence does to player performance though.

The amount the meter is filled represents energy. It does go down slightly for batsmen, but I’ve never noticed that to do anything. Bowler energy loss is obviously more noticeable over after over.

Again though, no idea what energy loss does in terms of performance. Pretty sure bowling speed goes down, but no idea what has been proven.

I’ve also seen bugs in the past when energy for a player is zero for no reason. They were still fine to use though. That may have been patched out now, but just goes further to suggest the lack of impact in general for energy and confidence.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The bars represent both confidence as well as energy, for both batsmen and bowlers.

The colour of the bar is confidence. They should start on red, then go orange, then bright green, and their highest level is the duller green. That’s the same for bowlers I believe. Unsure if anything quantifiable has ever been shown in terms of what confidence does to player performance though.

The amount the meter is filled represents energy. It does go down slightly for batsmen, but I’ve never noticed that to do anything. Bowler energy loss is obviously more noticeable over after over.

Again though, no idea what energy loss does in terms of performance. Pretty sure bowling speed goes down, but no idea what has been proven.

I’ve also seen bugs in the past when energy for a player is zero for no reason. They were still fine to use though. That may have been patched out now, but just goes further to suggest the lack of impact in general for energy and confidence.
My experience the ball goes off the bat better when confidence is up.

The ball seems to do more when bowler confidence is up.

kamyFC

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Thanks guys that explanation about the confidence and energy bars, helps.

I have another issue,
I'm trying another a Custom Match Type, where we have a 50 over game and teams have 2 innings of 25 overs each.
Something that was suggested by Indian legend - Sachin Tendulkar.

So here are screenshots of the custom Match Type.

IMG-5675.jpg
IMG-5676.jpg

IMG-5677.jpg
IMG-5678.jpg

When i then create a new competition in the Competition Designer and use this match type, i see that teams respect the first innings maximum of 25 overs, but then when
it comes to second innings the AI keeps playing beyond 25 overs.

IMG-5679.jpg
IMG-5680.jpg

The question is how to get the teams respect the 25 over limit in the second innings.
What am a doing wrong in the Custom Match Type?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

mdcotonopu

School Cricketer
The running between wickets was a little crazy sometimes but yeah I played many hrs on that game & found enjoyable, that's a superb shot... for some reason I could only bat scoring massive scores playing as Pakistan lol.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
As you can see game is calculating total of 50 overs in both matches as one ended in 26.4 so fourth innings 24 overs is end of it and other 27.1 overs but 23 overs is end of fourth innings.. But other than that I dont see any issue with the way its been set up.. Maybe take the new ball after 25 overs to no new ball and see..

kamyFC

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Thanks guys these settings fixed it :)

20190510212910-1.jpg
20190510212922-1.jpg

20190510212951-1.jpg

Now the second innings respects the 25 over restriction!
Ashes Cricket is fantastic!

20190510213320-1.jpg
20190510213333-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread