Cricket 19 General Discussion

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
My academy (PC) hangs when I try and select custom face when creating a player.

Any ideas?

Saying that, I love the perks, let's hope they actually affect something ;)

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

Any ideas?

You might need to press the windows key, close the upload box. Then press the windows key again, select something on you toolbar, then click back into the game and the upload window should appear.

Gentoras

County Cricketer
I can't imagine the fine tuning that is going into this already polished game, from media day to distribution day,

I would like to believe BAS want to do away with day one patch and rather have a "perfect" on day of release

Brace yourself lads, a brilliant game is only 6/7 days away

passarapin

County Cricketer
AUS..
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I can't imagine the fine tuning that is going into this already polished game, from media day to distribution day,

I would like to believe BAS want to do away with day one patch and rather have a "perfect" on day of release

Well I'd imagine all the discs have been printed already? So if they are still tuning, there is most likely to be a day 1 patch regardless.

Gentoras

County Cricketer
Well I'd imagine all the discs have been printed already? So if they are still tuning, there is most likely to be a day 1 patch regardless.

If so still, it's gonna be a massive day one patch that will see this game to heights unimaginable

Culmernation

Club Captain

I remember them saying something for the switch along the lines of the reason it was a digital download is because they had to finalize the cartridge so far in advance.

If I was speculating this could possibly imply they are giving themselves as much time as possible to fine tune ect.

(if anyone's interested about this crunch period for video games there's a great book called 'Blood Sweat and Pixels' which I'm reading at the moment. Really interesting background about video game development)

gunit123

County Cricketer

I've not heard or played a game in recent memory that didn't have a day 1 patch.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

Any ideas?

i dunno about the gameplay output, but it's clear the perks affect the skills... e.g. if you create a player and don't add perks, then go back in and add perks, their rating will improve.

i'm really hoping they will enable us to get that variety - e.g. good bowlers who are "seamers" and good bowlers who are "swingers"; and players who are stronger on front/back foor, or versus pace/spin... the "perks" to do it are certainly there, and the impact on skills is there, and if that gets surfaced in gameplay we will be in for a treat.

i guess the biggest issue will be as ever - finding the right level of skills to provide the balanced gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread