Cricket 19 General Discussion

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm creating some players in the academy, but how come I can't set some batting stats to maximum? Seems greyed out when creating one batsman as opposed to another..

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It would be nice if the HUD would show if a powerplay is in force currently HUD is not showing this @MattW

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Going to assume this should be fixed in the Day one patch on Xbox. But had an odd bug when batting of a ball i've edged which has either carried in the air or dribbled along the square has teleported to the middle of the pitch into the bowler's hand. One instance costing me a wicket (reloaded the save as it felt fair.)

Apart from that the game seems brilliant so far. Love the presentation. The oohs and ahh's when a good ball misses everything is my favourite addition, and Old Trafford is beautiful

mattj646

Club Cricketer
Audio for me is my only concern especially in test matches, theres no real crowd cheer when a wicket is taken, however that might just be the audio from the streams, im not sure and maybe fixed by release anyway

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ah okay. Then that must be something server side I guess?

I noted that for @gleeso73 retro teams, all of the censored teams had England, or Australia or one of the Aussie domestic team names in it coming as censored. Others didn’t...

For the players again made by Gleeso, those that were in the historic ATB teams that were in prior games (but don’t seem to be in cricket 19) were coming through as censored too but most others weren’t

So I dunno if that has something to do with it but it’s a pattern I think I saw

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
With all the amazing sharing of gameplay footage here, which all the more increases my eagerness to play, but sadly, the long wait for Steam release will be killing for me....:facepalm v v sad

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
Just watched all the gameplay videos beginning to end. I must say I am disappointed barring any "considerable" changes to the A.I post day-1 patch (which is unlikely). The A.I is plain old from DBC 14 days, would maintain a specific run-rate range and/or match dynamics (Runs on the board, wickets down, aggression level of A.I etc.) regardless of the match or pitch conditions at hand, but most painfully, regardless of how skillfully some of the people in the videos were bowling. In one of the ODI videos between India vs England, as soon as the run-rate would drop just below 5 in an over, the A.i would immediately offset it by scoring a 4 in the immediately next over, regardless how good the subsequent over is being delivered lol. Almost as if A.I "knows" how to get its way to scoring a 4 even from a very good bowling and a tight field setting.

Nonetheless, I will be buying the game on steam as soon as it is up. Will give it a try, but idk, I understand the budget constraints and all, and also the difficulty of making the A.I as dynamic as possible, but all in all...I am disappointed in this "artificially installed" A.I approach of BigAnt since DBC 14.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Today’s patch appears to have messed up thermal vision? The background is now white not black so you can’t see the “hot spot”...?

Also it may already be looked at in the day one patch but I wonder if the pacers fields at the start of tests should concentrate more on slips/gully and less on leg gully unless they are gonna be throwing in short stuff?

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Just watched all the gameplay videos beginning to end. I must say I am disappointed barring any "considerable" changes to the A.I post day-1 patch (which is unlikely). The A.I is plain old from DBC 14 days, would maintain a specific run-rate range and/or match dynamics (Runs on the board, wickets down, aggression level of A.I etc.) regardless of the match or pitch conditions at hand, but most painfully, regardless of how skillfully some of the people in the videos were bowling. In one of the ODI videos between India vs England, as soon as the run-rate would drop just below 5 in an over, the A.i would immediately offset it by scoring a 4 in the immediately next over, regardless how good the subsequent over is being delivered lol. Almost as if A.I "knows" how to get its way to scoring a 4 even from a very good bowling and a tight field setting.

Nonetheless, I will be buying the game on steam as soon as it is up. Will give it a try, but idk, I understand the budget constraints and all, and also the difficulty of making the A.I as dynamic as possible, but all in all...I am disappointed in this "artificially installed" A.I approach of BigAnt since DBC 14.
positive thing is they added AI modifier in the game...

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyone know any retailers in the Netherlands for the game? Can't seem to find any online.

Almost 100% certainty that the game will not be available at retail in the EU, best bet would be to import from the UK or digital download.

Reactions: DAP

Users who are viewing this thread