Politics Discussion (India)

sanjeevaloria

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why should we treat the government like an fresher in a company? That at least he did this much, don't put pressure of expectations on them. Why are we cuddling and protecting this government, when we should be critiquing it to work better and faster to do their job?
as you mentioned bjp will declare them anti-national if they say against the government and there are goons who threaten them if they say criticised the government. but people are completely brainwashed from propaganda too they believe that there is no alternative. people are completely biased they if something is done by non-bjp government then they criticize it and if its done by bjp then they praise it.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
My friend recently made a very good point. There has been a very weird and jarring shift in the way the public is looking towards the government - the BJP supports seem to have an absolute reverence for the government instead of looking at it critically, which is what the public is actually supposed to do. Until 2014, every government was criticized regularly by the voters. Even we used to criticize the congress government for failing on many fronts. And if they did something, there was only minor appreciation because in the end it is THEIR JOB to do so - to server the public and complete their projects and ensure smooth functioning of the country.

Now we see this tendency that the BJP supporters are simply worshipping the government and any little thing that they do. Sure they have built some highways at good speed, but that is their JOB! They cleaned Assi Ghat in Varanasi, but that is their JOB. There are 50+ over Ganga Ghats in Varanasi which are still as filthy. Ideally the public should push the government to get those cleaned as well instead of praising a small achievement. In a democracy, the government should be criticized and open to criticism. But here, anyone criticizing the government is called anti national and other things and is asked to leave the country and go to Pakistan. It is so idiotic. And I dont understand how educated people and those working in private sectors have become so naive and illogical.

Moreover, the same task being done by BJP and non-BJP government is being dealt with in totally different ways. There has been road widening task done near our locality, but the government here is non-BJP. So the rhetoric we are hearing is on the line that it has taken so much time to complete it, when it has actually been done within 1.5 months on one of the busiest and crowded streets in Bangalore, including the laying of new cables, and pipes for rainwater harvesting. Which is GOOD! The government should be appreciated, but should also be PUSHED to do better.
If this was done by BJP though, the narrative would be - 'arrey kam se kam itna toh hua' (Atleast they did this much). Why should we treat the government like an fresher in a company? That at least he did this much, don't put pressure of expectations on them. Why are we cuddling and protecting this government, when we should be critiquing it to work better and faster to do their job?

I find it BIZARRE !!

I agree. Just a small example: I just had a discussion with a BJP supporter on Twitter. He was arguing that Congress were very slow in electrifying the country in 60 years. It took just 5 years for Modi to electrify India to 100%. I just came up with a simple point to tackle him. I said more than 90% electrification was already done by Congress and what Modi did was just 5% and is taking full credit for it.

Then he said, it took just 5 years for Modi to do that 5%. Congress was very slow and it took 60 years for them. Logically, he was wrong at that point. If you calculate 5% for 5 years, it would mean that electrification would be just 60% till 2014. But actually it is 90%. I explained him the same and he hasn't replied to me again. Lol

Many things were already done in the past. What BJP does is that they re-launch the previous schemes with different names and say that it is being launched for the first time. Surgical strikes had taken place in the past with different name as Cross Border Operations. But they name it as Surgical Strike and had made a new database for it. Even if you file a RTI for surgical strike, you will get nothing but records of 2016. But if you file RTI on Cross Border operations, you will get loads of operations from the past. Both are one and the same.

Anna Bhagya (Free Rice) scheme for poor people in Karnataka was launched by Congress govt in 2013 even before Modi came to power. But what this blind supporters of Modi say is that the scheme is of central Govt. My simple question to such people is, if that scheme is introduced by Modi, why is that scheme not introduced in other BJP ruled states? Such people shut their mouths if you counter question them with facts. Lol

I've been named 'Anti-National' for more than 100 times now just because I've given such facts and have shut their mouths. I've also been told to go to Christian nations for my stands on Minorities and the Church.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Indeed !

You ask them, lets discuss the government purely on policies and development, and they will SHUT UP and cannot argue back. Because this government barely has anything to show in reality. These days one pic is circulating on Whatsapp, which shows an article of Wall Street Journal praising the comeback to Modi government for a second term. Well and good, that he got recognition from foreign media. But if you go and look at other foreign publications like New York Times, The Guardian, Daily Mail etc. and they have actually not been praising Modi government at all. You put this point, and they just ignore or even better say that these guys must be supported by Pakistani supporters. It is so dumb. I can feel my IQ level dropping down when I talk to people like this. But they need to be engaged and shown the truth, even if it wont register in their head immediately. Maybe over time, it will bring about a change.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Congress is handling this whole Rahul resignation saga very poorly. There is utter confusion around it and no one is making any public statements. This is going to worry even the hardcore supporters of that party.
What we know till now is very clear:
1. Rahul has offered to resign in CWC meeting.
2. CWC has unanimously rejected his resignation.
3. Rahul is very firm with his decision.
4. Sonia, Manmohan Singh and Priyanka couldn't convince him.
5. Even though he has offered his resignation and CWC has rejected it, Rahul still doesn't want to continue.
6. He is very angry with the top 3 leaders of the party for their dynasty politics and not working for the party but their family.
7. Rahul made himself unavailable to all the leaders yesterday (Sunday) and phone was not reachable.
8. He met with Ahmed Patel and KC Venugopal today and has asked them to find a replacement because he doesn't want to continue.

Things are clear. Rahul Gandhi wants to resign but the party doesn't want to let go off him. They are getting too emotional with the whole resignation thing and why they not be? It's the first time that Gandhis have stepped back and are asking for a non-gandhi to lead the party though Congress had some party presidents in the past who were not from Gandhi Family. ex: PVN Rao, Sitaram Kesari etc...

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
There have been reports across the country about voilence in the name of Gau raksha. And people being mob lynched for the same.

GDP has come down to all time low in 5 years.

Umemployment rate is highest in India in 45 years confirms Ministry of Labour after LS elections.

It is so hilarious to see that Modi supporters are now blaming Muslims for unemployment. Lol. They claim that due to increase in population of muslims in India, people are getting unemployed. I mean, seriously?

All this has happened in 1 week after results were declared. Just imagine how India would be after 5 years.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
All this has happened in 1 week after results were declared. Just imagine how India would be after 5 years.

Yup ! Just proves to what extent this government will go to, to dupe the public and paint themselves as the savior

They have fixed the GDP calculations 2-3 times now, and still it remains poor. It is an open secret that they forced the unemployment report to be hush hush'ed and now that it is out, it confirms the leaked report from a month back, This is what is so pathetic about this government. This is the kind of thing China and N Korea do to brainwash the public and now it is happening in our country so openly, and the public seems too dumb to figure it out. Har Har Modi - All hail the Supreme Leader

sanjeevaloria

International Coach
local Karnataka election result proves that elections was rigged.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Anyone up for a debate? Healthy one to be more precise. :p

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Situation is such no debates are gonna do any good. Worst ever govt. this one.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
There is a member who supports BJP.Can You guess him & we know him he worked with Us in Mega Patch.
Whoever it is, I just hope that people understand what's going on in India currently.

Media is already sold out so we can't blame them. If they start doing the actual work which we are expecting, we can see a change in mood of people. Article 370, Ram Mandir will not give us food for our living. It's just the additional things in the country that has been nicely executed.

GDP is already down to 4.5% and the reaction of Finance Minister is ridiculously funny. In order to control the economic recession the govt is planning to sell the PSUs of India and hence privatising everything. Bharat Petroleum, Air India, BSNL, MTNL and many other PSUs. Days are not far when we get to see the sale of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, Life Insurance Corporation and Indian Railways.

Govt. gets revenue from such PSUs to run the country. If they sell these PSUs, from where will they generate revenue? Collection of tax is no more an option since the govt has given relaxation to industrialist on corporate taxes.

Modi is unofficially selling off the country. This is what I can see through his actions.

Last edited:

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Picture speaks louder than words.

View attachment 228511
They somehow seem to underperform when it comes to state elections but retain power when it matters the most, i.e Lok Sabha elections.

It's not an exaggeration to state that BJP will win the 2024 edition too. You heard it here first :D

Users who are viewing this thread