Cricket 19 General Discussion

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've seen quite a few shots go in the air even when I get Good or Ideal timing. In fact yesterday I nailed a full toss with Ideal feedback for all 3 (footwork, timing and shot choice) and was caught by the bowler. It went off like a bullet off the bat and should've been a 4 but the fast bowler caught it without a problem.

That's another thing I can't figure out. Some times bowlers don't react to a ball they can easily stop and then out of the blue they stop or catch an impossible shot which they should've no hope of doing realistically. For the time being I've stopped playing straight drives and try to hit towards long on/off instead of absolutely straight down the ground, i.e. just past the bowler.
Also the aggresive grouded shots go aerial when played in the V

J1mDud3

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I was wondering if anyone could explain to me what is/isn’t tracked depending on how I have the Stat’s Tracking option enabled/disabled in the match settings menu?

My first thought was that it was user stat’s so I figured i’d turn it off whilst I got used to the new game. However, after a few games I noticed that my user stats were being tracked so I figured it couldn’t be that.

I then thought it might be the player statistics so I reset my academy and played a Five5 game with it disabled. Once i’d played that game I played a second Five5 game with it enabled and expected to see that none of the players had any statistics but in fact they did, they had the stat’s from the first game.

Anybody got any ideas what it’s supposed to do and/or is this a glitch?

Thanks folks!

psychoherent

Club Cricketer
Apologies if this is the wrong thread but I just wanted to get some opinions. I'm playing on the PS4, intend to mostly focus on career with a few special tours and scenarios(all retro, I have a retro cricket obsession) but as someone who fell in love with DBC14, was slightly but not very disappointed by 17(I thought they put a lot of thought into a lot of very interesting ideas, pity they didn't work out as intended but I always appreciate initiative), didn't buy Ashes because I figured i'd now invest when the actual spiritual successor to DBC14 arrived, based on your experiences playing this game, is it on a DBC14 level from a career/gameplay perspective? Also for those of you who might have got deep into their careers does it stay interesting or become a metronome of sameness after a season or 2 at the international level like DBC17 unfortunately did?

tl;dr: If this was someone's first BA/cricket game since DBC14, would you recommend it to them or tell them to stick with 14/17?

D

Deleted member 185125

Second ODI on the new patch.
On custom physics and AI slider.
Bowling difficulty-hard.

AI batting Scorecard:
View attachment 222305

My Bowling Scorecard:
View attachment 222304

Manhattan Graph:
View attachment 222303

Partnership:
View attachment 222302
And here is the chase results.
Absolutely brilliant this game is! Field placement towards the end by AI was simply superb.
Went till the very last ball.
Though I lost the match, thoroughly enjoyed it.

My Batting Scorecard:
IMG_20190608_215818.jpg

AI bowling scorecard:
IMG_20190608_215822.jpg

Match Summary:
IMG_20190608_215827.jpg

Its a bummer that you cannot check match statistics after the last ball of the match. If not, would've shared partnership and Manhattan chart.

pinku

Associate Captain
Just a request to Bigant to sort the positioning of the fixed close camera please. The camera is lower than in Ashes so we cannot actually see what the outfield logo says. The Wicket keepers head is slightly hidden whereas the last game you had a gap above the keepers head. So i guess it is the positioning of the camera which basically needs to be like it was in Ashes. The logo is also upside down one side. I must mention that i love the fact that the logo is now inside the circle.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Apologies if this is the wrong thread but I just wanted to get some opinions. I'm playing on the PS4, intend to mostly focus on career with a few special tours and scenarios(all retro, I have a retro cricket obsession) but as someone who fell in love with DBC14, was slightly but not very disappointed by 17(I thought they put a lot of thought into a lot of very interesting ideas, pity they didn't work out as intended but I always appreciate initiative), didn't buy Ashes because I figured i'd now invest when the actual spiritual successor to DBC14 arrived, based on your experiences playing this game, is it on a DBC14 level from a career/gameplay perspective? Also for those of you who might have got deep into their careers does it stay interesting or become a metronome of sameness after a season or 2 at the international level like DBC17 unfortunately did?

tl;dr: If this was someone's first BA/cricket game since DBC14, would you recommend it to them or tell them to stick with 14/17?

Get this mate. It’s the best game of the 4 by a distance.

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
i Got db 14 didn t bother with db17 or the ashes what i would say this is the best cricket game i ever played by miles.

Curtis

School Cricketer
They're hitting that shot from balls outside off...

Yup this is happening online too. I usually set a field with a short fine leg and try vary length and line. You are still going to get slogged but if they mistime it it usually flies to short fine leg.[DOUBLEPOST=1560016996][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'd love to know how many of my wickets have come from catches at short/deep fine leg area online I'd guess 90%?

:D :wave

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Ma
And here is the chase results.
Absolutely brilliant this game is! Field placement towards the end by AI was simply superb.
Went till the very last ball.
Though I lost the match, thoroughly enjoyed it.

My Batting Scorecard:
View attachment 222321

AI bowling scorecard:
View attachment 222320

Match Summary:
View attachment 222322

Its a bummer that you cannot check match statistics after the last ball of the match. If not, would've shared partnership and Manhattan chart.
Mate what is your batting difficulty?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I wish there was a way to see the outfield speed of the stadium you are about to play in, or be able to select outfield speed the same way you select Pitch type, conditions or outfield pattern (Diamond, Striped etc.) when you set up a match. Played a match at Kia Oval today and the outfield was lightening fast with good timed shots easily reaching the boundaries when in some stadiums even the Ideal timed shots barely got there.

Would be great to know the outfiled speed of the stadium at the time of match creation so you could select customised difficulty settings with Shot Force set appropriately - High for sluggish ones and Low for fast outfields. @MattW , is there a possibility for us to view the outfield speed on the Match selection/setting up screen? Is that something which can be patched in? Currently we have no idea how the outfield will play like.

D

Deleted member 185125

I think this is one of the reasons for easy singles within the thirty yard circle. At the time of delivery, the fielders aren't even within the circle ( No ball according to the rules)

IMG_20190609_001137.jpg IMG_20190609_001122.jpg IMG_20190609_001113.jpg

Probably fixing this can make it riskier to take quick singles. Pickup and Throw speed and time taken to take off the bails would still need to be improved.

@MattW

Users who are viewing this thread