gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I’m in my 5th season of career mode now and can confirm this is the number one glaring issue in an otherwise reasonably sound mode. I’m still playing first class cricket for the Western Warriors. Never seen the AI score over 400 when simulating to my career player. Seen team totals of 50 or less approximately 25 times - all in 3 day or 4 day games. One dayers and t20 simulated scores are realistic, if anything a tad favouring high scores.

Other more prominent and noticeable issues affecting my gaming experience are coming in to bat with my team around the same score every time (4/100 give or take 20 runs). Occasionally there are horrible low scoring matches from both sides where I’ll come into bat at something ridiculous like 4/10.

Also, the AI won’t bowl a certain type of bowler sometimes. Played back to back shield matches against NSW and Nathan Lyon didn’t bowl a single over. Not one. This is arguably the best spinner in the Southern Hemisphere keep in mind.
Yeah, this seems like quite a big issue. Everyone is having issues with it, the simulation in 3-Day/FC games needs to be fixed majorly. Especially with the tail end never reaching double figures and literally always getting ducks, I know they may not be the best with the bat but bowlers don't always get ducks every innings. What happens normally with this is the team will lose a few early wickets for hardly anything, then a couple of guys will score well in the middle and then the last four/five wickets normally fall for only a few runs. Even if I max out the bowler's batting skills they still normally always get ducks. I'm staying away from career mode for now, sorry but this is game breaking for me unfortunately. I've rarely seen scores over 300 in FC games and scores ranging regularly from about 50 to at least 200 with many scores below 100. I've even seen teams win by an innings when only scoring like 250 because the opposition gets bowled out for under 100 in both their innings.

Set Up Shop

Banned
Yeah, this seems like quite a big issue. Everyone is having issues with it, the simulation in 3-Day/FC games needs to be fixed majorly. Especially with the tail end never reaching double figures and literally always getting ducks, I know they may not be the best with the bat but bowlers don't always get ducks every innings. What happens normally with this is the team will lose a few early wickets for hardly anything, then a couple of guys will score well in the middle and then the last four/five wickets normally fall for only a few runs. Even if I max out the bowler's batting skills they still normally always get ducks. I'm staying away from career mode for now, sorry but this is game breaking for me unfortunately. I've rarely seen scores over 300 in FC games and scores ranging regularly from about 50 to at least 200 with many scores below 100. I've even seen teams win by an innings when only scoring like 250 because the opposition gets bowled out for under 100 in both their innings.

Hi @MattW is this something that could please be looked at? Thank you.

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Would it be possible for Ireland (as a test nation) to be selectable as a country at start of career please

They arent selectable currently

Rhone

International Cricketer

My findings are very similar. I would add that I have never seen a draw in a 3day, 4day or Test match. I'm not sure it's game breaking but it's certainly immersion breaking and ruins career mode for me.

I have posted it in bug list (It feels like a bug to me) and have tagged matt in posts on here regarding the matter so I would hope that bigant are aware of it. Fingers crossed they try and balance it a bit.

psychoherent

Club Cricketer
Seems like an overcorrection from DBC 14 where tail enders were routinely getting centuries and giant fifties and almost every innings was a rearguard masterpiece.

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Also - shame we don't have rankings for international teams anymore. I enjoyed how it built a picture of what was going on it the world!
Yeah, I liked to check scores to see what was happening in the different leagues around the world too, not just the league I am playing in.

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Also - shame we don't have rankings for international teams anymore. I enjoyed how it built a picture of what was going on it the world!

Is there any chance this could be brought back? That was such a cool feature, to become the No.1 International team, Tony Simpson the coach could explain the rankings system when starting a new career? Just an idea

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Is there any chance this could be brought back? That was such a cool feature, to become the No.1 International team, Tony Simpson the coach could explain the rankings system when starting a new career? Just an idea
And then add in a player rankings one too

Users who are viewing this thread