Academy Q&A

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Please include all Academy related questions in this thread.

Reactions: DAP

RPM_01

School Cricketer
Hi,

I'm trying to create sort of an 'all star' team and can get every player I need into the team barring the England players. When I try edit their associated teams it just doesn't give me any options, or doesn't appear on the available players like the Australian players do.

I would have thought if it was a licensing issue it wouldn't let me include any Australian players but this is not the case. Has anyone got round this or have a solution?

Thanks.

Reactions: DAP

Rhone

County Cricketer
Hi,

I'm trying to create sort of an 'all star' team and can get every player I need into the team barring the England players. When I try edit their associated teams it just doesn't give me any options, or doesn't appear on the available players like the Australian players do.

I would have thought if it was a licensing issue it wouldn't let me include any Australian players but this is not the case. Has anyone got round this or have a solution?

Thanks.

Can't you go into your created team and select 'add player to lineup' and then add them that way?

In other words, try and add them through your created team squad list, rather than going to the individual player and trying to edit their associated team.

RPM_01

School Cricketer
Yes tried that but didn't work for English players. Just updated with the patch and they now appear! Must have been some bug.

Thanks for the reply.

ChrisCricket

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I have a few queries, firstly can it be explained to me does this game have more or fewer hair creation options than don bradman?

Ive found a lack of long hairstyles in academy

Also a lack of hair colors

passarapin

County Cricketer
AUS..
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
At the moment, is the best way to download "playfaced" players, to do so individually? rather than as part of a team?

I wonder if this will one day be factored into the team download.

Barkatthemoon77

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
This is my first foray in to cricket games and the cricket gaming community. I'm on PS4 and I'm wondering who to search for for teams, what's currently available, and what the timeline usually is for when particular nations domestic teams as well as international teams are released?

Apologies for asking so much but this is all entirely new to me.

Wahldo

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Please include all Academy related questions in this thread.
Hi @Snowy, certian teams have recently shown up on the academy with an RN suffix. Is it a workaround for the uniform and kit issues after the patch?

PriyanshLamba

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi, Can anyone help me with how to link a downloaded player ( it is not pre-linked by the creator) to a player in game ?

Aaron Cox

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Would it be possible to download Llewelyn’s kits and squads, but then download player likenesses from other creators? There we just some really good creations regarding likenesses from others that I would love in the game.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Would it be possible to download Llewelyn’s kits and squads, but then download player likenesses from other creators? There we just some really good creations regarding likenesses from others that I would love in the game.
Yes. As long as those players are linked correctly it should not be an issue.

Jofra

School Cricketer
When linking a downloaded player to overwrite a current player, is it best to just choose likeness (not on the game at the moment so it may be called something else)? Otherwise you could end up with a player with attributes that the creator has given them?

Am I overthinking it? I want to update the appearance of players using the great work of guys on this forum but not sure if attributes have been touched.

Arijit Maji

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
When I'm trying to download the Big Bash Teams, for example Melbourne Stars, it's replacing the KKR equivalent in the game, can someone please help on that

psychoherent

Club Cricketer
I'm playing on PS4(US version) and finding that whenever I search for teams by a specific user, the result is always that there are none, even if I've seen the user post here that the upload is up. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread