Cricket 19 General Discussion

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Has anyone noticed that in tour/competition, ashes and world cup mode, AI pace bowlers deliver the bowl way too slow as compared to the play now mode. The speed meter shows the same speed but the bowl is delivered much slowly and hence the timing has to be delayed.
This is only a problem when the user is batting. When the user is bowling, the pacers' speeds are same as play now mode.
Increasing the pace bowler max speed slider helps but there is a clear speed difference between the modes.
I have reported this in the bug thread.

Exactly mateee. That's what I asked as well

Yes. This needs to be looked into. Please put up a Formal Bug Report in the Bug Report Thread.
Yes - 100%, this is a massive problem.

Just started a World Cup and the supposed 90mph deliveries are like floaty military medium dobbers, its totally ruined my timing, im early on literally everything, as all the playing ive been doing on Play Now mode with the proper speeds means you have to react quickly.

Its totally stopped the game dead in its tracks for me until its fixed, i cant play tours & tournaments like this.

Its the most bizarre of bugs and the more often we can make Big Ant aware of it the better - id go as far as to say its game breaking for me.

The difference in pace between the modes, with the exact same settings, is astonishing.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I haven't been following much recently as I'm waiting for PC release and busy with other games. But what is the general consensus on the gameplay? Do AI actually bowl tighter lines? Do they run chase/score properly....I found in AC17 they'd slog you a bit too much idk..

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
the point i believe he was making is that it is possible to create a setting in the match type where reviews are lost on umpires call (as it used to be when they reset after a certain number of overs). so in this situation it's worth checking if there's a custom match type because somebody could have set it like that unknowingly.
Since I was the person that reported this issue, I can confirm that I haven't tinkered with any such setting. It's simply the default setting for career mode. Reviews retained for umpire's calls should be in career mode. Perhaps this was an aberration, I can't say. I haven't challenged any more since. Hopefully people can confirm why play career mode?

On another note, I think along with shots down the ground, leg side shots need major improvement. Once again, this is a step back from the previous titles. Anything in front of square on the leg side seems to trigger a sort of flick only, at least for me. Not been play the sweep behind square at all. This could be me though as I haven't played for that long. Hopefully someone can chime in on this as well.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Some other observations/issues from career mode:

1. Setting a second bowler doesn't work. If I set myself as the next bowler, and lets say Amir as the second bowler after me, the ball goes to Amir instead.
  2. It would be nice to select the next batter up after every wicket falls in career mode, even when simulating. This doesn't seem to be the case yet.
  3. Is the ability to decline international matches not in career mode this time? I'm not sure about this, but I think I can no longer deny participation in international series. The prompt only asks about being captain, not about taking part, as it did in Ashes. This was a good option.
  4. Sponsorship deals? Wasn't this supposed to be part of the game?

D

Deleted member 185125

Since I was the person that reported this issue, I can confirm that I haven't tinkered with any such setting. It's simply the default setting for career mode. Reviews retained for umpire's calls should be in career mode. Perhaps this was an aberration, I can't say. I haven't challenged any more since. Hopefully people can confirm why play career mode?

On another note, I think along with shots down the ground, leg side shots need major improvement. Once again, this is a step back from the previous titles. Anything in front of square on the leg side seems to trigger a sort of flick only, at least for me. Not been play the sweep behind square at all. This could be me though as I haven't played for that long. Hopefully someone can chime in on this as well.
I have been complaining about the flick since the demo release. Hopefully it can be fixed, remember , The Prod was removed eventually from Ashes 17 .

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Is there a discrepancy in the latest patch versions? I'm getting 1.06 on the PS4 and @Mohammed Sherry screenshot shows 1.07.
The North American version will have a version number 1 lower than the Europe version.

As an aside, it's why I strongly encourage people to reference the version number in the credits on bug reports - because of differences like that, knowing "1.06" isn't helpful if that could mean one of two different "1.06" versions.

To note in this case, the latest versions are as follows:
PS4 North America - 960
PS4 Europe - 957
Xbox One - 958

A patch for Switch is with Nintendo.

D

Deleted member 185125

The North American version will have a version number 1 lower than the Europe version.

As an aside, it's why I strongly encourage people to reference the version number in the credits on bug reports - because of differences like that, knowing "1.06" isn't helpful if that could mean one of two different "1.06" versions.

To note in this case, the latest versions are as follows:
PS4 North America - 960
PS4 Europe - 957
Xbox One - 958

A patch for Switch is with Nintendo.
Is there any further details you can provide on what's fixed in today's patch?

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Is there any further details you can provide on what's fixed in today's patch?
Just fixes for a number of cases found where the game could crash during normal gameplay, mostly after progressing to your player in career but some can occur in other cases.

On Xbox One the patch also restored and fixed the Online leaderboards.

Users who are viewing this thread