Taking new ball?

D

Deleted member 193590

6wAVR2j.jpg

New Ball cutscene, AI take new ball on 80 overs exactly, 1st Test of my Test Series v Australia

Big Ant thank you for patching this in, nice work

Did you play this all in one sitting?[DOUBLEPOST=1560516080][/DOUBLEPOST]
As far as I’m aware this has been there throughout?

What’s not there is the human player getting the option to take the new ball if there is a save/resume at any point in the game

If I save and quit I don't get the AI taking the new ball either.

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Did you play this all in one sitting?[DOUBLEPOST=1560516080][/DOUBLEPOST]

If I save and quit I don't get the AI taking the new ball either.

I did yeah, I usually play around 3 and half hours after work the full days play , then next time i play ill do the same.

That might be why it worked for me, so it still needs fixed then?

D

Deleted member 193590

I did yeah, I usually play around 3 and half hours after work the full days play , then next time i play ill do the same.

That might be why it worked for me, so it still needs fixed then?

Yes,hopefully it will be fixed in a future patch.Never had this problem in Ashes cricket so it's a new one.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
In the 4th inns of my game, where new ball should be after 40 overs, and that I bowled through in a single session, I only got the new ball at 42 overs.

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
@MattW is this something actually on BigAnt's radar? Given other issues like ball wear not saving between sessions, etc., are recurring themes, is it just a limitation of the engine as used?

alad1nzane

School Cricketer
I’m also not getting the new ball in some tests on PC Version. Playing play now mode I’m on 120 overs and not been given new ball. I’ve also had this issue in other matches. Any news on whether this will be fixed for PC players?

dawg456

Club Cricketer
The opponents ball doesn't seem to age as well in tests on pc. Even after 75 overs the ball looks brand new. I haven't played any odi's so im not sure if its the case there too, the latest patch didn't fix this issue either.

Willoughby63

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
Mumbai Indians
RCB...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sydney Sixers
Profile Flag
England
I’m also not getting the new ball in some tests on PC Version. Playing play now mode I’m on 120 overs and not been given new ball. I’ve also had this issue in other matches. Any news on whether this will be fixed for PC players?
There is a menu that you have to go into to accept it on Xbox, it could be that you need to on PC as well

dawg456

Club Cricketer
I have an issue of not being able to take the new ball in the middle of and over, e.g at 81.3 but i can take the new ball at 82

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
What I’ve found is that I take the new ball at 80 overs and then it keeps offering it until I take it again. Then it’s ok. Anyone else had that?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
What I’ve found is that I take the new ball at 80 overs and then it keeps offering it until I take it again. Then it’s ok. Anyone else had that?
Yes, apparently this is to do with the fact there is 1 ball at either end for ODI's, so everyone is assuming this is a bug where in test matches it is also assumed 1 ball at each end, therefor you taking a new ball at each end, this also seems to explain the lack of wear on the ball as well... hopefully it gets fixed :)

Users who are viewing this thread