relaxedanderson's 'Back to the 90s'

manueld12

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nice one, thanks.

Glamorgan and Gloucestershire now up. I'm not particularly happy with the Gloucestershire kit, mainly because their name - along with Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire and Worcestershire, is pain in the arse to do without losing all definition. The really annoying thing is that the team name option in the game would be perfect for these kits if only they could be slightly resized and slightly re-positioned (see pic).

I suppose it's far too late to ask for that now.

Thanks for all your effort. Let me know if you’re after other kits ( I collect cricket shirts and have a huge collection that I put up pictures of on Facebook - search for Cricshirts)

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
Thanks for all your effort. Let me know if you’re after other kits ( I collect cricket shirts and have a huge collection that I put up pictures of on Facebook - search for Cricshirts)

That's great, I think I'll be taking you up on that at some point.

Just out of interest, do you have the 95/96 and the 97/98 kits as well (like the ones in the pictures)? While there are a decent amount of pictures of the 93 kits online there seems to be hardly any from 95 to 98. Depending how I feel after finishing 93 I may do two of those years as well, seeing as it's mostly the same players and as everyone's kits were the same at that time I only have to make one then just change the colours.

If I can find the colours that is.[DOUBLEPOST=1561145015][/DOUBLEPOST]P.S. Hampshire now available.

Attachments

• Misc.jpg
    Misc.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Lancashire vs Leicestershire.jpg
    Lancashire vs Leicestershire.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 27
  • ham.jpg
    ham.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 27

manueld12

Club Cricketer
That's great, I think I'll be taking you up on that at some point.

Just out of interest, do you have the 95/96 and the 97/98 kits as well (like the ones in the pictures)? While there are a decent amount of pictures of the 93 kits online there seems to be hardly any from 95 to 98. Depending how I feel after finishing 93 I may do two of those years as well, seeing as it's mostly the same players and as everyone's kits were the same at that time I only have to make one then just change the colours.

If I can find the colours that is.[DOUBLEPOST=1561145015][/DOUBLEPOST]P.S. Hampshire now available.

I have the 94 kits .. white with a coloured banner across the chest and team name

Don’t have any 95 onwards yet

I’m really hoping to have the World Cup 1996 and 1999 shirts in the game

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
I have the 94 kits .. white with a coloured banner across the chest and team name

Don’t have any 95 onwards yet

I’m really hoping to have the World Cup 1996 and 1999 shirts in the game

I think I've seen some of the 1996 WC kits in the Academy.

I was watching some footage of the 1996 World Cup the other day and I had the idea of putting some "Best of the 90s" international teams in as well and thought that the 96 kits would be perfect for this. Then I had a close look at the design and saw how complicated they are (for a graphic design numpty like me anyway) and decided against it. Then I had a search through the logos and I know I saw Australia in there and a few others but unfortunately they weren't linked to any teams that I could find so it would involve downloading all the individual logos and then trying to piece them together. Maybe I'll have another look at it down the line.

Also, it looks like I've got one (and only one) up on you then. The only cricket shirt I own is the 1997 (or possibly 1998) Glamorgan one.

For ten years I had a passport photo of me wearing this shirt.

Attachments

• IMAG0595.jpg
    IMAG0595.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

I was watching some footage of the 1996 World Cup the other day and I had the idea of putting some "Best of the 90s" international teams in as well and thought that the 96 kits would be perfect for this. Then I had a close look at the design and saw how complicated they are (for a graphic design numpty like me anyway) and decided against it. Then I had a search through the logos and I know I saw Australia in there and a few others but unfortunately they weren't linked to any teams that I could find so it would involve downloading all the individual logos and then trying to piece them together. Maybe I'll have another look at it down the line.

Also, it looks like I've got one (and only one) up on you then. The only cricket shirt I own is the 1997 (or possibly 1998) Glamorgan one.

I think the logos for 92 and 96 shirts were done by @wasteyouryouth so all
Someone would need to do is make them into kits and credit him but I believe they are all there

manueld12

Club Cricketer
Can’t find any 1996 kits on the academy.

A best of 90s kits would be super awesome!! Can I help you with a list? ;)

Chris_Jones12101984

School Cricketer
Can’t find any 1996 kits on the academy.

A best of 90s kits would be super awesome!! Can I help you with a list? ;)
If you just do a search for 96 then you should get some if you search in logos. you just have to make the kits yourself which is ok really mine are not perfect but it does the job till we get some proper ones.also if you search for India in the teams I think one of the first ones has a few retro kits you can just download and then add to the current Indian team.

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
I think the logos for 92 and 96 shirts were done by @wasteyouryouth so all
Someone would need to do is make them into kits and credit him but I believe they are all there

They're bloody good jobs from what I can remember as well.

I don't know how the good logo crew like WYY, friedlele, gleeso, Dave etc do it. If I don't have a good, clear picture that I can trace then I have no chance. Even then it's usually shit. I like the 90s county kits because they were so shit that they are relatively easy to replicate. You lot do gradients and complicated patterns and stuff. I got laughed at in art class in school when we had to do a picture of a cat. I just did a circle and coloured it in with black marker and said that it was sleeping.

Anyway, speaking of 90s stuff, I was sorting out the attic today and I came across all my old kit from back in the 90s. You can bet these are all going in the game. The bat is in already.

Important safety tip. If you find your 25-year-old wicket-keeping gloves that haven't been worn for 20 years in the attic, don't try putting one on and throwing a ball into it for old times sake. You may find that it no longer has the same give that it used to have and the ball may bounce out of the glove and nearly break your nose.

Attachments

• IMAG0603.jpg
    IMAG0603.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0601.jpg
    IMAG0601.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0602.jpg
    IMAG0602.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
And I didn't know I'd shared this one, I thought this one was just for me but obviously I put it as a bat for one of my 90s players so now it's on the Academy.

It's my very first bat. Size 1, with a now barely legible autograph from Steve "Banger" Watkin across the middle. I got that autograph during the Glamorgan v Warwickshire Sunday League game at the Gnoll in 1993. A game that is notable for two reasons: it's the only game that Andrew Jones, son of Glamorgan legend Alan Jones ever played for Glamorgan and it's the only cricket match in history that has had a song written specifically about one of its batsmen's innings. Namely "The Ballad of Adrian Dale's 54 vs Warwickshire at The Gnoll, Neath, 8th August 1993" by me for my old band. Purely coincidentally it lasts exactly 54 seconds. (That's what she said)

Back on topic, the idea is to do a career player and move through all my bats: ProShot Lords -> SS Turbo -> Gunn & Moore Skipper -> Slazenger Panther -> Slazenger V100 -> Slazenger V800 and that's when it stopped. When was the V800? 1998? Christ, I'm old.

Anyway, my entire bat history - apart from the Panther - is now in the Academy. Panther probably coming soon.

Attachments

• IMAG0578.jpg
    IMAG0578.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • lrds.jpg
    lrds.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

manueld12

Club Cricketer
If you just do a search for 96 then you should get some if you search in logos. you just have to make the kits yourself which is ok really mine are not perfect but it does the job till we get some proper ones.also if you search for India in the teams I think one of the first ones has a few retro kits you can just download and then add to the current Indian team.

I would love to know how to make kits. is there a tutorial anywhere?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
And I didn't know I'd shared this one, I thought this one was just for me but obviously I put it as a bat for one of my 90s players so now it's on the Academy.

It's my very first bat. Size 1, with a now barely legible autograph from Steve "Banger" Watkin across the middle. I got that autograph during the Glamorgan v Warwickshire Sunday League game at the Gnoll in 1993. A game that is notable for two reasons: it's the only game that Andrew Jones, son of Glamorgan legend Alan Jones ever played for Glamorgan and it's the only cricket match in history that has had a song written specifically about one of its batsmen's innings. Namely "The Ballad of Adrian Dale's 54 vs Warwickshire at The Gnoll, Neath, 8th August 1993" by me for my old band. Purely coincidentally it lasts exactly 54 seconds. (That's what she said)

Back on topic, the idea is to do a career player and move through all my bats: ProShot Lords -> SS Turbo -> Gunn & Moore Skipper -> Slazenger Panther -> Slazenger V100 -> Slazenger V800 and that's when it stopped. When was the V800? 1998? Christ, I'm old.

Anyway, my entire bat history - apart from the Panther - is now in the Academy. Panther probably coming soon.

Do you have a recording?

I'm using this bat on one of my players, can't remember who - one of the England's worst I think

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
Fallen a bit behind on this recently for numerous reasons including: work being crazy busy; my study being like an oven so I can't spend much time in there; getting a bit distracted by the World Cup (which I really didn't expect since I'm not really a fan of men's white-ball cricket ) and now the Tests.

But mainly because I'd lost almost all interest due to not being able to try out and test the teams because I didn't have the game.

Now we have a Steam date and the weather should start cooling down this weekend and I've nearly finished this month's work I'll get back on it ASAP.

pinku

Associate Captain
Fallen a bit behind on this recently for numerous reasons including: work being crazy busy; my study being like an oven so I can't spend much time in there; getting a bit distracted by the World Cup (which I really didn't expect since I'm not really a fan of men's white-ball cricket ) and now the Tests.

But mainly because I'd lost almost all interest due to not being able to try out and test the teams because I didn't have the game.

Now we have a Steam date and the weather should start cooling down this weekend and I've nearly finished this month's work I'll get back on it ASAP.

I hear you man... Nice to see you back and looking forward to more of your creations.

Users who are viewing this thread