• Total voters

Alexei.

User Title Purchaser
PAK...
NZ....
LQ
QG
Sydney Thunder
Appointing Imad as Captain is a worser choice though. He doesn't inspire any good confidence to the side. If he becomes one then we can see where Pakistan Cricket is heading to ;)
Yeah!
i still believe that Sarfraz is a good captain but has to work on his fitness and batting! Shoaib must leave the team along with Imam, hafeez and hassan ali and make way for new talent and make a place for the likes of Fawad Alam! Umar Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad had a very bright future keeping in mind that when they were young (19-20 YO) they constantly won matches for PAKISTAN!
Yup, injustice done to Fawad. You have Usman Shinwari, Rizwan, Ruman Raees and some other good players. Yeah Umar and Shehzad used to be good but now they're not the same

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Woah :p , media saying about grouping in the team, Shoaib, Imad, Imam, Wahab and Inzamam, they all want Imad to be Captain and Sarfraz to go home. :p
I wasn't a fan of Sarfaraz from start and somehow they won the Champions Trophy they had to keep him, After Champions trophy he been very poor in captaincy and Batting.
After the World I want Sarfaraz, Shoaib Malik, Hafeez to go, even Hasan Ali needs to go and join the Wagah border Pakistan Rangers instead.
I also want a change in the coaching because the players fitness have been really bad.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
i still believe that Sarfraz is a good captain but has to work on his fitness and batting! Shoaib must leave the team along with Imam, hafeez and hassan ali and make way for new talent and make a place for the likes of Fawad Alam! Umar Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad had a very bright future keeping in mind that when they were young (19-20 YO) they constantly won matches for PAKISTAN!
Nah Sarfaraz is just not a good captain at all, Fawad Alan would have been a good choice but they wasted his talent and is too old now sadly, we need to find a good young batsman now.
I rather not have players like akmal brothers and Ahmad Shehzad as they a bit of a A*sholes to be honest but I will keep Imam Ul Haq as he does sometime scores a lot of runs even though his been poor in the world cup so far (So have other batsmans as well) but he is still young and a decent batsman.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Woah :p , media saying about grouping in the team, Shoaib, Imad, Imam, Wahab and Inzamam, they all want Imad to be Captain and Sarfraz to go home. :p
As pathetic as Pakistan cricket has been, from top to bottom, the "media" haven't exactly been fountains of professionalism and morality either. The same people that screw the system with cushy jobs within the PCB, go on to join the "media" after they're done there. Not everyone of course. There honestly isn't one player on this team who thinks the game in a cerebral way, and would inspire confidence as a leader. It might have been Amir, had they not ruined him by running him to the ground by overworking him.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Not to be rude but where do they find these players from? Where are the big intimidating quicks? Pakistan seems to have lost their character

Alexei.

User Title Purchaser
PAK...
NZ....
LQ
QG
Sydney Thunder
Not to be rude but where do they find these players from? Where are the big intimidating quicks? Pakistan seems to have lost their character
Yeah, The good players dont get a chance, thanks to the these so called veterans (Malik etc) and also Nepotism.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
For future, I would love to see Shehzad back. He hasnt been handled well the way I see it. You got to take performance from talent and shehzad is much more talented and focus wise relative to Umar Akmal. Akmal got his fair chance against Australia in Uae but he wasnt up to the mark.

I would back Abid Ali and Shehzad as openers after World Cup. Imam's stats has been good but he is sluggish and needs lot of improvement before making his place back in the side. Lets see how he fairs in upcoming matches of World Cup.

Sarfraz needs to go I think Rizwan deserves the chance but we dont have much choice left for captaincy. Imad place is even questionable, how he can be the captain?

I would expect a sane selection committe as well after World Cup whose preference should be the domestic structure to pick players for ODI and test matches not PSL next edition.

For T20s, you can pick players for sure from Psl

One change I want the most, exclusion of Inzy for obvious reasons of nepotism he believes in

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I will be ROFL if Mohsin Khan becomes coach or chief selector!! :lol

Mohsin's tenure was good but I also see him more talk on media than actual substance. I'd love to see Aqib as a full-time coach for future, previously he had been but not with complete coaching powers as he was given the role of assistant coach or a bowling consultant. Aqib Javed has been a professional coach for two decades now virtually. His cricket literacy is excellent and with his aggressive mindset he can be a good fit, however, I am a firm believer on the notion is that in Cricket, It is the Captain who is your Main Man. The captain should be given full control and final say over team selection and how he strategizes during the play. Captain should be given the supreme power on his team and Coach comes more on assisting with game plans and tweaking the technical difficulties players face as well as for their morale and environment in the dressing room

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I don't have issues with Sarfraz's captaincy skills, but on batting form alone, he doesn't warrant inclusion in the XI. With Hafeez and Malik finally out of the picture it is the perfect chance for him to show some guts and move up the order. Haris at 4, Sarfraz at 5, Asif at 6. We need Asif desperately, the only guy who can go big at the death is Imad.
As for bowling, Wahab is 34, and although he wasn't bad in this tournament, i feel it's time to move on. He isn't gonna make it to 2023, but i'd keep him for the 2020 WT20. Hasan or Shinwari should come in for him, though the latter needs some time in domestic to get back in form. Junaid would be fine, but i feel he's been Alam'd. Hasnain needs polishing.
Apart from Wahab's inclusion (which turned out fine), we had a very stable lineup coming in to this tourney, and credit must be given to Inzi and Arthur for that, as well as Sarfraz. This leadership team should be persisted with, but Inzi should be incouraged to adopt a hands-off approach in terms of selecting the playing XI (unless the reporting about his involvement is false, which is very plausible). And for heaven's sake, hire Steve Rixon back, whatever it takes.
And yes, it's time for us to get off Imam's back, myself included, and accept that he deserves his spot in the team, just hope that he improves his SR, and his partner gains some form back.

Imam
Fakhar/Abid
Babar
Haris
Sarfraz
Asif
Imad
Shadab
Amir
Hasan/Shinwari/Junaid
Shaheen

Backups : Rizwan, Faheem, Saad Ali