ICC Cricket World Cup - May/July 2019

Who will be crowned the ODI World Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pakistan seem to have gotten some sort of spark following that SA victory. You can just feel that they are going dominate this chase given the past that they've had through comebacks of this sort. The reason for Shaheen's success today had to do with the faith that the management had in him through still playing him after some dismal performances. This is what happens when you favor consistency and maintain confidence in players with big potential.

NZ have done really well to get to 237. Neesham and De Grandhomme finally turn up with a good performance with the bat.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Well there goes Fakhar Zaman poor shot there, Pakistan needs to take it easy because they are not chasing 300+ here.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Interesting to see that you’ve picked Hasan. I thought he was deservedly dropped and shouldn’t be playing any part further, as he was both expensive, wicketless and wasted the new ball. Why would you want him back?

Indeed he was deservingly dropped. The problem with Pakistani bowlers lately is lack of consistency. You are good on one day and goes flat in the next game.

Shaheen has been very good at times and, then consistently awfully worst as well. Today was definitely his day and in the hindsight the decision was good. While I backed Hasan Ali due to his hunger attitude and sound experience relative to Shaheen

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pakistan are already 2 down and things are looking bad now, it's looks like they are struggling against short balls.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Lockie Ferguson has been bowling short through the entire tournament, yet Imam was on his front foot and didn't have a clue.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
This is not a tough total to chase, seeing the way the NZ batsmen got progressively better at scoring runs and not losing wickets towards the latter half of their innings.

I can sense that Pakistan are winning this. They just need to bat sensibly here and avoid too many risks.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pakistan can and will win this. RRR is not a problem. And even though Pakistan are not known for chasing totals, I feel they perform best when they have their backs against the wall.

64-2 is not that bad a position to be in. NZ cannot attack much and risk leaking runs, so I doubt we will see tight fields.

Feel like they will win by around the 47th over.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I agree. Pak should chase this down with a few overs to spare now. Not much in the wicket now really. And the batters look well set and steady

NZ's spin shouldnt be a big challenge either, even though the wicket is gripping a bit

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Kuldeep and Chahal will be licking their lips watching the turn on the Edgbaston pitch

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Some beautiful shots by Babar Azam. Look how he handled ferguson. Class act.

Great to see Pakistan stabilzing. I can see a victory coming Insha Allah

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
This is not a tough total to chase, seeing the way the NZ batsmen got progressively better at scoring runs and not losing wickets towards the latter half of their innings.

I can sense that Pakistan are winning this. They just need to bat sensibly here and avoid too many risks.

Not their strongest suit. Game is 50-50 in my opinion. Pakistan are capable of losing from 180-2. We are still not at 100.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Latham just dropped any chances of a comeback there..

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Really liked Hafeez how he fought the initial burst spell by Ferguson. Ferguson was all over on him but hafeez fought hard and played his due shots

Loved the battle between Babar and Boult as well

Users who are viewing this thread