Cricket 19 General Discussion

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
@MattW @mikeymerren
In the below scenarios the wrong batsman comes on strike.
  • When cutscene for DRS(BARS) discussion gets triggered and a single is taken on the ball, same batsman comes on strike. Happens when AI is fielding.
  • Over throw goes for 4 after taking a single. Same batsman comes on strike. Total runs awarded is 5.
  • Single taken off a front foot no ball, the same player comes back on strike for free hit (Career Mode)
Bug thread pls

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Some of the cricket 19 videos look really nice. I know BA is a small company but I can't help to think what kind of game we could have if they had a bigger budget. Whatever the opinion is on them it doesn't feel like long ago where we only had Cricket 05/07 and no word on another cricket game. The most we had was a fan made project which was moving very slowly.

With that said do you think with the advent of streamed game platforms possibly being a thing in the future that we could see a big company make cricket games? Would it be pretty much impossible to pirate games as you'd need an online connection or log in with said platform?

EDIT: Sorry for going off topic, is there any data for how much revenue BA get from their cricket releases, would really like to see that!

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
When is the PC release?

PS: my bad, there is a thread about it.

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Dose Anyone Know If You Can Change the Stumps For The world Cup Pls . Regards ian

Beanie32

Club Cricketer
Don't know if anyone else has noticed this but my Jofra Archer, Chris Woakes and Tom Curran have incorrect numbers. I'm on XB1 also have the latest patch installed

Ashnal

School Cricketer
I have a quick question for anyone. Can we now update teams in Career Mode once we have started with current downloads from the community? I know in previous version you could not after you started your career. Please let me know. Thanks.

Gentoras

International Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I have a quick question for anyone. Can we now update teams in Career Mode once we have started with current downloads from the community? I know in previous version you could not after you started your career. Please let me know. Thanks.

Yes you can, no need to restart your career mode

Chief

Panel of Selectors
EDIT: Sorry for going off topic, is there any data for how much revenue BA get from their cricket releases, would really like to see that!

Nothing's off topic in the general discussion thread. :)

It's impossible to say because accurate sales numbers don't get reported publicly (these days less than ever - since things went digital it's much harder to work out). Also you have to then factor in the costs of development/marketing/licensing (and, on top of that, retailer %, tax, etc etc) in order to more fully understand the money side.

Managing the ROI of a video game is very, very complicated. And for any company to greenlight a new game from scratch, with only estimations and a lot of unknowns, would be IMO incredibly unlikely. *Especially* a big company without people hugely passionate about Cricket. It would be a huge leap of faith.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Nothing's off topic in the general discussion thread. :)

It's impossible to say because accurate sales numbers don't get reported publicly (these days less than ever - since things went digital it's much harder to work out). Also you have to then factor in the costs of development/marketing/licensing (and, on top of that, retailer %, tax, etc etc) in order to more fully understand the money side.

Managing the ROI of a video game is very, very complicated. And for any company to greenlight a new game from scratch, with only estimations and a lot of unknowns, would be IMO incredibly unlikely. *Especially* a big company without people hugely passionate about Cricket. It would be a huge leap of faith.

I understand but surely it's a no brainer that if the piracy issues are dealt with a cricket game would sell like mad in India? Also will do well in UK/Aus/SA

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
https://www.spieltimes.com/original/the-ps4s-preponderance-in-india-a-critical-research/

Sony's numbers say 7 to 8 million active PSN users in India. Even if 1/10th of them are current-gen PS4 users, that is about half a million users. This tells you that while the Indian console numbers are nowhere close to the rest of the World, it is still a big enough number, for a cricket gaming market at least.

Console piracy isn't really common, especially if these numbers are true. Therefore, it would be interesting to know what stops C19 from becoming a huge brand in India, piracy notwithstanding.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread