Blockers bits... (retro)

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Okay, it's always a regular request, but have you done or are you doing World Cup '92 sides?

watched an AI vs Al in a cheeky ODI using the Barbarians t
eam vs your England 95 thanks for the write up as I don't know too much about these players

Last edited:

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I think the 87 WC scenario should have downloaded you a "Retro 50" match type, you can check for that in the match type designer. If so, it's that...

If you download my South Africa XI and Australia XI teams you'd have the players there to create this match

Aye if I've got it sound. If not I can sort it out.

Shared the England 92 side under dale_toon. Credit to the people I borrowed the logos and some players from :cheers

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
As a kid I went to the 5th test of the 84/85 series at the SCG and amazingly saw the mighty West Indies team beaten by an innings thanks to Kepler Wessels and Bob Holland.

It was a rare moment of sunshine for Australian Cricket in the mid-80s :D
I think that tour was the last where Windies were truly great, they were still amazing with Lara, Walsh and Ambrose yet to mature, but with the rebel tours some of the deep strength was eroded my god look at Franklyn Stephenson, Tony Grey ànd Ian Bishop were same level as Ambrose Sylvester Clarke another, but for injuries would have given Walsh and Ambrose a run for their money! Imagine Walsh, Ambrose, Bishop and Grey would have been at their peak together along with Marshall and Stephenson....wow!!

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I think that tour was the last where Windies were truly great, they were still amazing with Lara, Walsh and Ambrose yet to mature, but with the rebel tours some of the deep strength was eroded my god look at Franklyn Stephenson, Tony Grey ànd Ian Bishop were same level as Ambrose Sylvester Clarke another, but for injuries would have given Walsh and Ambrose a run for their money! Imagine Walsh, Ambrose, Bishop and Grey would have been at their peak together along with Marshall and Stephenson....wow!!

I’d have to agree, but there were brilliant performances by individuals like Ambrose and Lara (who I saw hit his 277 at the SCG), but as a team the awe ever matched the late-70s/early-80s. Then again, it happens with all the great teams throughout history.

I think the way fans follow Cricket was different back then. Despite them being the opposition, and a brutal opposition at that, Australians loved the West Indies. We knew we were witnessing something special.

Now opposition teams and players are treated as pantomime villains which is a shame.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Started playing the “Gatting Tour” yesterday. Took a big risk in playing a no-review match type with my created umpire and @mikeymerren as umpires...

Sure enough a few overs in I get an lbw turned down that big eye showed was out.

No surprise it was mikey that got it wrong not the umpire I created with 35 lbw judgment[DOUBLEPOST=1561625984][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are the '05 Ashes scenarios updated with @Spoobir's updates to his sides?
If he’s changed then since I created the scenario then not knowingly, unless you updating the teams updates the scenario

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Started playing the “Gatting Tour” yesterday. Took a big risk in playing a no-review match type with my created umpire and @mikeymerren as umpires...

Sure enough a few overs in I get an lbw turned down that big eye showed was out.

No surprise it was mikey that got it wrong not the umpire I created with 35 lbw judgment[DOUBLEPOST=1561625984][/DOUBLEPOST]
If he’s changed then since I created the scenario then not knowingly, unless you updating the teams updates the scenario

What scenarios did you have again? The default line-up for the test squad is the first test at Lord's if I remember rightly. I added Shaun Tait a little later and he only played The Oval test I believe? So if you have an Oval test scenario I think you'll need to add him to the team.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
What scenarios did you have again? The default line-up for the test squad is the first test at Lord's if I remember rightly. I added Shaun Tait a little later and he only played The Oval test I believe? So if you have an Oval test scenario I think you'll need to add him to the team.

I did Edgbaston (from both perspectives) and The Oval. I am sure I set the lineups accurately for each test as I am fanatical about stuff like that, so it must have been after you added Tait

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Checked last night and I don't have the match type downloaded @blockerdave. Could you chuck some screens of the rules up in here?

Sure - it's 50 overs with over cap, not test match style wides, not a ball at each end, no reviews etc. 1 powerplay, starting at over 1 and lasting 15 overs. 2 fielders outside the circle for those overs, then 5 for the rest. 2 bouncers per over in ODI those days.

in the aussie rebel tour, as far as i am aware they played day matches in whites with a red ball, and day/night matches in colours with a white ball

Users who are viewing this thread