The very short bouncer

bptuner

School Cricketer
Played a 3 day club test and during bowling, I threw in a random bouncer and popped the batsman in the head. I hadn't used the bouncer delivery type much so I tried to see if I could consistently hit the AI in face and I found the shorter short bouncer (with fine length control, L1 on PS4) was basically unhittable with the right fielders.

I ended up throwing no ball after no ball but the AI would eventually stop ducking and try and pull the shot. After setting the field appropriately, the batsman could do nothing but duck or attempt to block/pull on the backfoot (I didn't even have a mid on or off). After about 50-60 no balls, I had taken 9 wickets from catches and edges. Not sure how even a human player would counter this.

Also the rewards totally glitched out and I came out of the match with 11K towards my BOWLING ability points (normally its around 800-900). Anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:

chunky120717

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Does anyone know that hitting the batman with ball correlates to batsman having some reduction of their skill bar. Or can he be hit with ball with impunity and no effect on skill.

I believe taking a blow or causing a play and miss usually unsettles the batsmen, I've got quite a few wickets the ball after a swing and a miss, an edge or a body blow.

bptuner

School Cricketer
A body hit is due to a miss or a bad leave and all mistakes increase the chance of something going awry next ball. It might even be concurrent as I've got 3 or 4 edges in a row after the first one glances the bat.

Just got 8.5K bowling ability points on my first career match as a fresh 10 rated rookie. Took 16 wickets and ended the 3 day test in a total of 23 overs. The very short bouncer is broken.

Culmernation

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I got 9/9 exploiting this bug on Career mode. The Ai seemed to pull every shot to short third man or square leg. I've reported it on the bugs thread as it seems like all it needs is the Ai to leave the ball or to be able to smack you to the fence as that would dissuade you from pitching it short all of the time!

chunky120717

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I got 9/9 exploiting this bug on Career mode. The Ai seemed to pull every shot to short third man or square leg. I've reported it on the bugs thread as it seems like all it needs is the Ai to leave the ball or to be able to smack you to the fence as that would dissuade you from pitching it short all of the time!

What stage of career mode is this happening? I've noticed since playing in the West Indies T20 league and a few games in Aus during the English Winter, they leave the short bouncer well alone. Regardless of pace. The pitches are generally hard, the bounce higher and the wide more likely.

Culmernation

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
What stage of career mode is this happening? I've noticed since playing in the West Indies T20 league and a few games in Aus during the English Winter, they leave the short bouncer well alone. Regardless of pace. The pitches are generally hard, the bounce higher and the wide more likely.

It was a Career 3 day game. Interestingly I've had to tone down the Ai difficulty from Veteran to Pro recently and since then the Ai seems to be more adapt at playing the short ball.

Go figure!

Well stop doing a very short bouncer.

I refuse to ever use common sense. However I will admit that the field that was set for the 9/9 was very close to the infamous body-line fields so I doubt I'll ever use them again anyway. I just wanted to have a go for one game to check if it wasn't a fluke and I haven't done it since!

Kenway

School Cricketer
A body hit is due to a miss or a bad leave and all mistakes increase the chance of something going awry next ball. It might even be concurrent as I've got 3 or 4 edges in a row after the first one glances the bat.

Just got 8.5K bowling ability points on my first career match as a fresh 10 rated rookie. Took 16 wickets and ended the 3 day test in a total of 23 overs. The very short bouncer is broken.

You are a bowler, or just (batting/bowling) All Rounder??

Users who are viewing this thread