Cricket 19 General Discussion

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Just out of interest and I’m not way trying to spark up a male v female debate or anything..

But what’s the idea of the mixed gender game?

Because again talking purely from what I have seen.. they all struggle to deal with Perry bowling late 60’s early 70’s.

How on earth they going to lay bat on ball to Starc etc..
Forget male vs female
I watched a charity football match in which one team involved indian cricketers(male) and other team was of bollywood actors(male).
I mean it was hilarious and unfair at the same time to see virat outrunning defenders on his own in 90th minute bcoz somebody forgot that fitness is a necessity for a sportsperson but not for an actor so how on earth can you make them compete with each other

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
is it possible to have male and female cricketers together in one team ..if not i hope big ant should provide patch for it as it will take cricket 19 to next level . i m sure all fans wants this feature also
maxresdefault.jpg
I personally would not like to watch mixed cricket so I wouldn't like to see this for real or in a game.I have no problem watching ladies cricket may I mention.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Forget male vs female
I watched a charity football match in which one team involved indian cricketers(male) and other team was of bollywood actors(male).
I mean it was hilarious and unfair at the same time to see virat outrunning defenders on his own in 90th minute bcoz somebody forgot that fitness is a necessity for a sportsperson but not for an actor so how on earth can you make them compete with each other

Not really remotely the same thing haha but glad you enjoyed it!!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Women and men play tennis together, so I'm sure it could work. I'd imagine there's only a handful of women players that could mix it with the professional men in a fully competitive match at the moment.

I’m going to go out on a controversial limb here for a second and say no current women’s players could play a 85mph + delivery.

Perry is the standout at the moment and she’s still playing and missing at mid 60 deliveries.

Unless like people saying only women bowl to women and men to men.. but then What’s the point!?

I’m all for integration etc etc but I feel like atm people trying to do it for the sake of it as a PR stunt.

bptuner

School Cricketer
Some of the ratings seem pretty skewed too. Female players with the same (or higher!) ratings than players like Dhoni, Starc and Root. Not realistic, just politically correct.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I’m going to go out on a controversial limb here for a second and say no current women’s players could play a 85mph + delivery.

Perry is the standout at the moment and she’s still playing and missing at mid 60 deliveries.

Unless like people saying only women bowl to women and men to men.. but then What’s the point!?
That's why I would caveat it with 'competitive match' an exhibition where the men probably take it easy, I would imagine it'd be fine.

But who's to say women might not face that kind of speed from bowling machines.

I bet there's a fair few men out there who would struggle facing a skilled medium pace female bowler too though.

As an aside, I saw an interesting article last week saying that the way women are coached from a young age, to bowl in the same way as boys, is possibly one reason why they don't bowl faster. If not 90 mph then as least closer to 75-80.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
That's why I would caveat it with 'competitive match' an exhibition where the men probably take it easy, I would imagine it'd be fine.

But who's to say women might not face that kind of speed from bowling machines.

I bet there's a fair few men out there who would struggle facing a skilled medium pace female bowler too though.

As an aside, I saw an interesting article last week saying that the way women are coached from a young age, to bowl in the same way as boys, is possibly one reason why they don't bowl faster. If not 90 mph then as least closer to 75-80.

This conversation reminds me of a brilliant “letter to Viz”, that just said something along the lines of

“it’s remarkable how was a man I could easily beat Venus Williams at tennis.”

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
BTW I am certain there was a combination of Male and Female players in the 1994 Bradman XI v World XI match.

I’m not sure exactly how it was managed, and obviously wasn’t “competitive”.

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
Some of the ratings seem pretty skewed too. Female players with the same (or higher!) ratings than players like Dhoni, Starc and Root. Not realistic, just politically correct.

It's not political correctness, it's called pound-for-pound.

The women players are ranked based on their ability in their own game, not their ability compared to the men. Two separate sports.

Perry and Lanning may not be anywhere near the likes of Kohli or Starc in absolute terms but in their own sport they are probably the two best players in history and are ranked accordingly.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
BTW I am certain there was a combination of Male and Female players in the 1994 Bradman XI v World XI match.

I’m not sure exactly how it was managed, and obviously wasn’t “competitive”.
One of the reasons I am interested in that initiative by RCB is to see whether they get an approval, and if they do it'll be interesting to see how they design the playing conditions. One thing I can think of besides the men playing casually, is the use of a different ball or even different bats.

bptuner

School Cricketer

The women players are ranked based on their ability in their own game, not their ability compared to the men. Two separate sports.

Perry and Lanning may not be anywhere near the likes of Kohli or Starc in absolute terms but in their own sport they are probably the two best players in history and are ranked accordingly.
There's a difference between ranking and rating.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

I can't believe you had to point that out.

Users who are viewing this thread