Strange Shadow/Lighting issue in PC version.

bptuner

School Cricketer
Wow looks like the day-night games on console. All the pink ball games look like rubbish once the flood lights get turned on.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
To put the record straight when I contacted Big Ant they advised me to contact HES and supplied the email address. I can send you the responses if you like.
That could have been this line in the auto-responder, that clarifies the contact point for games that Big Ant developed but didn't publish.

If your enquiry is regarding AFL Live, Rugby League Live or Don Bradman Cricket, then please contact the publisher, HES ([email protected]).

Peter Meir

School Cricketer
Just FYI - Matt works for Big Ant
Hi

Is that the same Daniel that works for HES [email protected] who responded to me????

All i am trying to do is get fix for a game which is amazing to play with a flaw or glitch which spoils it for a number of "customers".

I have bought every version of the Bradman series and Ashes cricket and enjoyed everyone of them Big Ant have done a great job.

The community element is incredible and something Konami should look at for Pes helping them compete against FiFa.

I have also purchased the Ao tennis and Rugby League live franchise which are also great games.
Big Ant have responded quickly to this issue and all I want to do is help them improve and produce even better quality games in the future for us all to enjoy.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Hi

Is that the same Daniel that works for HES [email protected] who responded to me????

All i am trying to do is get fix for a game which is amazing to play with a flaw or glitch which spoils it for a number of "customers".

I have bought every version of the Bradman series and Ashes cricket and enjoyed everyone of them Big Ant have done a great job.

The community element is incredible and something Konami should look at for Pes helping them compete against FiFa.

I have also purchased the Ao tennis and Rugby League live franchise which are also great games.
Big Ant have responded quickly to this issue and all I want to do is help them improve and produce even better quality games in the future for us all to enjoy.

Well no, it’s not Daniel.

Because it’s Matt.

Peter Meir

School Cricketer

Because it’s Matt.
Fair enough trying to put me down again. I apologies to Matt but You have ignored the rest of my comments in praising Big Ant, Matt's company and trying to rectify the problem. The point I was making was how come Daniel at HES replied to my email. They could have said not our problem Cricket 19 has a different developer/publisher but they didn't they tried to help me and said it was my Pc as per email below. That led me to believe they were involved with the game not forgetting Big Ant pointed me in the direction of HES when I reported the issue initially causing the confusion.
Hi,

You specs show that you are at bare minimum requirement for the game.

It recommends 8gb ram, you have 8, but 2 are assigned to video, so only 8 available to the game.

Your video card is only 2gb and shares another 2, this will cause your issue.

Have you tried going to game options and reducing graphics options.

Thanks
Daniel.

cid:image001.png@01D54C33.459CBA80

Daniel Kajfes Product Support

Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd
115 Bonds Road, Riverwood,

NSW 2210 AUSTRALIA

Because it’s Matt.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Fair enough trying to put me down again. I apologies to Matt but You have ignored the rest of my comments in praising Big Ant, Matt's company and trying to rectify the problem. The point I was making was how come Daniel at HES replied to my email. They could have said not our problem Cricket 19 has a different developer/publisher but they didn't they tried to help me and said it was my Pc as per email below. That led me to believe they were involved with the game not forgetting Big Ant pointed me in the direction of HES when I reported the issue initially causing the confusion.
Hi,

You specs show that you are at bare minimum requirement for the game.

It recommends 8gb ram, you have 8, but 2 are assigned to video, so only 8 available to the game.

Your video card is only 2gb and shares another 2, this will cause your issue.

Have you tried going to game options and reducing graphics options.

Thanks
Daniel.

cid:image001.png@01D54C33.459CBA80

Daniel Kajfes Product Support

Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd
115 Bonds Road, Riverwood,

NSW 2210 AUSTRALIA

You asked me a question about someone with a completely different name and I answered as such. I told you Matt works at Big Ant, and then you ask if Matt is Daniel. This doesn’t make sense.

Matt works for Big Ant. Matt tells you the issue is being looked at. What more do you need to know?

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Annoying thing is I had a Radeon card kicking about the place for a few years that probably would have been enough to run the game on slightly lower settings. But I moved house a few months ago and I got rid of it thinking I would never use it.

Would have been a great temporary fix.

I'm still holding off on Windows 10. Since XP I've always skipped a version (no Vista or 8 for me) and then switched OS when I have no other option. As long as this problem is solved I reckon I could get another 6 months out of Windows 7.

shan111

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's almost 2 weeks since I created a ticket for this issue at BA helpdesk. I understand the issue is being looked at but the wait has been long. @MattW can we expect a patch by this Friday? Or is it a difficult issue which needs more time?

sdt16

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Apologies for the time this has taken, but a new update has gone live on Steam that should address this issue.

Update and let me know how you all go.

@MattW

can you share patch notes?

As no patch notes are found on Steam (even the "previous patch notes" are missing in Steam)

In previous games the patch notes too would become visible as soon as the patches arrived, but not so this time...

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
Excellent! Looking much better now. I can finally see the pavilion at Lord's. Cheers!

Only complaint I have now is why did you have to fix this on the day that I have a huge amount of work to do? If I get the sack I'm holding BA responsible!

light.jpg

Edit: Just realised that screenshot looks a bit gloomy for some reason. It looks better in the game.

Last edited:

shan111

Club Captain
Apologies for the time this has taken, but a new update has gone live on Steam that should address this issue.

Update and let me know how you all go.
Works like a charm now on Windows 7. Thanks for the fix. Hope the other bugs get solved as well.

Users who are viewing this thread