Bowling tips - Seam Angle

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
You can bowl over the wicket to left handed batsmen as a right hander, just that you'd have to mostly use out swing and adjust the pitch of the bowl (L1/R1) as per the bowl you're bowling. I recently got a dismissal with a bouncer short ball, with R1, pitching it up and got the batsman to cut and edge it to the keeper!
Yeah I know we can but I dont like the way AI easily plays down the leg side and that makes it not worthy choice of bowling for me.. If you see in real life across the line to swing bowling is really risky but in game its damn easy.. Something thats been part since Ashes.. Blame Smith animation.. :p

Also the initial line of approach in even creating angles with runup feels bad as it basically ends up at his leg side and dabs it away.. You really have to approach wide of off stump approach otherwise its no use.. I mean the most beautiful dismissal bowling an inswing to left handed batsman beating the line of the bat to hit the pads and get a plumb LBW is out of equation.. I have got bowled off away swing but its rare..After so many easy shots it feels made up, you dont have genuine beaten deliveries..Either bat and ball has big gap or the batsman is made to slide to "miss" the ball..

Many things similar to this which I really really want to see in the game , I dont see many questioning about it.. So it would end up as not a major issue list..

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah I know we can but I dont like the way AI easily plays down the leg side and that makes it not worthy choice of bowling for me.. If you see in real life across the line to swing bowling is really risky but in game its damn easy.. Something thats been part since Ashes.. Blame Smith animation.. :p

Also the initial line of approach in even creating angles with runup feels bad as it basically ends up at his leg side and dabs it away.. You really have to approach wide of off stump approach otherwise its no use.. I mean the most beautiful dismissal bowling an inswing to left handed batsman beating the line of the bat to hit the pads and get a plumb LBW is out of equation.. I have got bowled off away swing but its rare..After so many easy shots it feels made up, you dont have genuine beaten deliveries..Either bat and ball has big gap or the batsman is made to slide to "miss" the ball..

Many things similar to this which I really really want to see in the game , I dont see many questioning about it.. So it would end up as not a major issue list..
That's a useful point of view. Though, about the beauty of dismissals, I got one with full length pitched a bit short of the full ball, outswinging. Off Stump flying. Kind of felt as happy as Bumrah's ball against WI!

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Can some one give a tutorial like a youtube video regarding the seam angle?
I would have liked it if developers themselves did such videos. Just so you know what they are saying is actually correct given the wide variety of factors that effect the swing on the ball.

Faraznafees

School Cricketer
It surely does.. Experiment more with jump and release angle... Like jump with 6-7'o clock and release between 11-12'o clock and likewise..
Jumping at 6-7 o clock and releasing at 11-12? The seam angle selection metre dissapears once you select the ball. After that you can only select the line with the right analog stick. You jump by pulling the trigger down and releasing while setting the line by pushing the right trigger up in the line of the ball direction. How can we play with the jump and release? Can it work any differently?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Jumping at 6-7 o clock and releasing at 11-12? The seam angle selection metre dissapears once you select the ball. After that you can only select the line with the right analog stick. You jump by pulling the trigger down and releasing while setting the line by pushing the right trigger up in the line of the ball direction. How can we play with the jump and release? Can it work any differently?
With the right stick just try as I mentioned above jumping and releasing at an angle creates a different delivery.. Seam position for setting a base of the delivery but jump and release you vary that delivery's initial line and the line you want the ball to end up..

Users who are viewing this thread