RCB...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sydney Sixers
Profile Flag
England
England will play 5 T20Is and 2 tests in New Zealand

D

Dutch

Looking forward to the winter: both South Africa and New Zealand will offer great challenges and hopefully a few new faces will get a chance. England to be fair got better as things moved on. It feels like a bot of a hole now the international cricket is over for a few months!

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Everyone knows the side I want to see England pick, but let's approach this with some moderation.

Let's just call for two changes: Dominic Sibley in for Jason Roy and Ollie Pope in for Jonny Bairstow. And maybe a change of captaincy because Rory Burns is now an automatic selection for the next fair amount of time.

That would give this side:

• Burns
  • Sibley
  • Denly
  • Root
  • Pope
  • Stokes
  • Buttler (wk)
  • All the bowlers
I think that is a more balanced team to be going along with

Willoughby63

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
Mumbai Indians
RCB...
Sydney Sixers
Profile Flag
England
Can we have this thread stickied?

Yorkshireman

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Bloody the youngsters like Michael Vaughan suggested. Maybe give rests to a couple of the multiple format players too. As the 2 tests aren’t in the WTC, I don’t see a problem with playing a younger, more inexperienced side.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Bloody the youngsters like Michael Vaughan suggested. Maybe give rests to a couple of the multiple format players too. As the 2 tests aren’t in the WTC, I don’t see a problem with playing a younger, more inexperienced side.
For sure you want to blood some young players when you can, but you don't want to blood so many of them that you create a losing side.

I know I'm repeating myself, but I think having Sibley and Pope in the side would be a good enough quota of youngsters; maybe also sneak Sam Curran in at number eight

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/49796580

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread