Career Mode - Playing as the whole team or not.

Savz27

School Cricketer
Hi all,

New to this forum. First of all this is the best cricket game to grace any console for many a year. Really enjoying it so far and looking forward to progressing in career mode.

My query is what do people do and recommend when playing career mode?? I like playing as the whole team generally but after a couple of matches realised I wasn't getting all my points because I was simming certain periods. As a result my last game I just played as my player but only bowled 1 over and didn't bat because my top 3 thrashed the opposition within 20 overs.

I think going forward I will have to play as my character only as playing the full game as the team just takes too long. Will I rpogress at a decent rate just playing as myself??

santana1026

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi all,

New to this forum. First of all this is the best cricket game to grace any console for many a year. Really enjoying it so far and looking forward to progressing in career mode.

My query is what do people do and recommend when playing career mode?? I like playing as the whole team generally but after a couple of matches realised I wasn't getting all my points because I was simming certain periods. As a result my last game I just played as my player but only bowled 1 over and didn't bat because my top 3 thrashed the opposition within 20 overs.

I think going forward I will have to play as my character only as playing the full game as the team just takes too long. Will I rpogress at a decent rate just playing as myself??

Great question brother, I think you get more points the more you play (regardless if it's your player or team) ... it's long but it's a great experience playing as the team in career mode.. way more to do and you'll never get bored. Good luck moving forward.

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If you opt to play as whole team or solo in career mode then ensure you play it entirely without simulating once you have started the match, as it will disable your achievements (career progress) for that entire match...(even if you simulate 1 ball)..

You can simulate from the career screen itself even before a ball is bowled but that does not help much except if your player performed well in that match and a few points may get added but definitely not as much had you actually played rather than simmed...

If you love deep long immersive play rather than focussing on careeer player only then play as a team (but you can anyway do that outside career mode), else play solo as career player (reason there is a career mode for those who love to play as solo)

Yes if you perform well while playing solo (i.e achieving objectives) you will progress faster..Also unlocking Ability points to unlock the skills and thus perks too...

You will earn loads of "skill points" but they will stay accumulated until you unlock the "ability points"... To get faster ability points you can play in the nets or the batting/bowling mini games...

To conclude, It all depends on your preferences whether you like to play as solo (career mode) or as entire team (which is anyway available outside career mode)

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Really good question and welcome to forum .

Solo is great if you want to skip.

Solo is boring as a fielder as you can play got hours and the ball goes no where near you.

You can play solo in any gamemode.

You can use ether team or solo or one game of solo then whole team.

Savz27

School Cricketer
I’ve been playing as my player but just skipping to when I’m batting or bowling. Seem to be progressing fairly well. At level 7 about halfway through the season.

D

Dutch

I actually like waiting up the other end as my batting partners do their thing.

Skippjng seems to make the game disjointed to me.

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
I actually like waiting up the other end as my batting partners do their thing.

Skippjng seems to make the game disjointed to me.

That was one thing I didnae mind from Bradman 14. It made you feel like you were part of a partnership and make you bat according to your partner a bit more. Would also solve the issue of your partner never going green in this game coz they are simmed.

Users who are viewing this thread