TENNIS AO Tennis

TomW777

Club Captain

CraigMc24

Club Captain
Looks like Big Ben who published Tennis World Tour and Big Ant who developed and published AO Tennis are combining forces for AO Tennis 2 which interesting. Probably good in terms of licencing that there only going to be one tennis from now on but less good in terms of competition driving both of them towards a better game.
. Not sure if there is only going to be one tennis game from now on, that will be a wait n see. I’m guessing with getting Big Ben on board it might help with a world wide release so it’s a global release all at once instead of just Aus/NZ first, like it was last time. There was like 5-6 months between Aus/NZ and global release.

TomW777

Club Captain
Not sure if there is only going to be one tennis game from now on, that will be a wait n see.
Would be very surprised if Big Ben made two tennis games and effectively competed with itself. I think this is the end of the road for Tennis World Tour - although I wouldn't be entirely surprised if AO Tennis 2 is possibly re-skinned & marketed as Tennis World Tour 2 in Europe and N America.

CraigMc24

Club Captain
Would be very surprised if Big Ben made two tennis games and effectively competed with itself. I think this is the end of the road for Tennis World Tour - although I wouldn't be entirely surprised if AO Tennis 2 is possibly re-skinned & marketed as Tennis World Tour 2 in Europe and N America.
Big Ben didn’t make TWT they just published the game. Tennis World Tour was made by Breakboint which is seperate from Big Ben. I doubt big ant would allow the games name changed to tennis world tour, they would want nothing todo with it I’d imagine. Since Big Ben it’s just the publisher they can probably publish what they want I guess. But I’m not sure.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England

Nard2020

Club Captain
No real surprise re the date, I will do my usual of waiting to see user reviews before buying

I'm actually a bit surprised with the date, the last game came out after the AO had begun....this one comes out 2 weeks prior to the event.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I'm actually a bit surprised with the date, the last game came out after the AO had begun....this one comes out 2 weeks prior to the event.

I'm hopeful that it will be a single world-wide release this time. At least there's no indication in the press release that it won't be.

Nard2020

Club Captain
I'm hopeful that it will be a single world-wide release this time. At least there's no indication in the press release that it won't be.
I just hope that with BB as publishers we will actually get some promotion and info ahead of release this time.

Nard2020

Club Captain
I don't understand the approach with this game. BA goes as far as to bring in a rival game company and AA publisher for the game, and have a big praising press release....yet there's no information out about the game which is 2 months from release. The last game had a terrible launch, starting with a lot of secrecy prior to release. You would imagine they want to give some confidence to buyers this go around. There's zero out there about this game.

D

Dutch

It's their usual strategy though......won't be until end of November or beginning of December I imagine that we start seeing stuff.

Reactions: DAP

Nard2020

Club Captain
It's their usual strategy though......won't be until end of November or beginning of December I imagine that we start seeing stuff.
See i would agree with you ...except this time they went and got an international AA publisher for this game, which is NOT their usual strategy.

Users who are viewing this thread