Mouseydread's Cricket 19 Creations

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I must admit the jumpers or lack of has disappointed me this time. The academy has gone backwards in my opinion and I am still yet to see a jumper on the field.

Nothing comes close to the quality of DBC 14 mods which is not a slight on the talented creators but the inferior "academy" platform designed for the console crowd. DBC 14 was the peak for creation.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Nothing comes close to the quality of DBC 14 mods which is not a slight on the talented creators but the inferior "academy" platform designed for the console crowd. DBC 14 was the peak for creation.

i don't think it was the peak in creation, but it certainly was for the breadth of options of kit-types etc. and it's a great shame that was regressed.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
If I remember there were several types of jumpers for each kit type. With only one or two sets that didn't. Its certainly disappointing. As with the stadium creator. Even last time I made some grounds I was extremely pleased with, but this time out of 22 I think I've made, few really please me.

fezza

Club Captain
I have now shared an England 1961 and a Lancashire 1961. Hopefully will do champions Hants next.

In case anyone is interested I have also shared several fictional county grounds / outgrounds that have a retro 1960s feel with minimal advertising etc (Hinckley, Barnstaple, Oakham). A few weeks ago I also did the (real) Victoria Park Chesterfield - a Derby out ground that looks quite good with retro teams.

GorgeousGeorge59

County Cricketer
I have now shared an England 1961 and a Lancashire 1961. Hopefully will do champions Hants next.

In case anyone is interested I have also shared several fictional county grounds / outgrounds that have a retro 1960s feel with minimal advertising etc (Hinckley, Barnstaple, Oakham). A few weeks ago I also did the (real) Victoria Park Chesterfield - a Derby out ground that looks quite good with retro teams.

Nice one. I'm working on Kent and Middlesex. I've based mine off 1964. So a bit later than yours, but should be compatible.

fezza

Club Captain
Great work. Yes, county sides changed more slowly in those days and few players switched teams. People downloading can always add a couple of extra players for their favoured year - so if you want a 1960 or 1961 Surrey line up you really just need to add Peter May and Alex Bedser to your Surrey 1960s team.

Last edited:

fezza

Club Captain
Yes maybe! I am trying to find better photos of players. I am relying on Playfair team photos and some aren't great...

fezza

Club Captain
Hampshire champion county of 1961 now uploaded. It includes two of the first players of West Indian descent to win the championship - Danny Livingstone and Roy Marshall.

fezza

Club Captain
I'll do Derbyshire next but it will probably be a few days as I'm away for work. I'm also trying to source more 60s cricket annuals to get better pictures. There is not much on the Web for the lesser known players.

GorgeousGeorge59

County Cricketer
I'll do Derbyshire next but it will probably be a few days as I'm away for work. I'm also trying to source more 60s cricket annuals to get better pictures. There is not much on the Web for the lesser known players.

Perfect. As a teacher, I've currently got a load of free time, so I'll work through.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded South Africa 1950s.

This team is led by Jack Cheetham and has a few South African all time greats. Jackie McGlew is a solid opener and he will stride to the wicket with his uber talented partner, one of the greatest all round ders of all time in Trevor Goodard.

Goddard is included in the 1950s squad but can also be part of the 1960s. The Proteas have two excellent keepers in John Waite and Russell Endean, both capable of big scores.

Yet it is in bowling that this team has three world class operators in Peter Heine and Neil Adcock, one of the most fearsome pace duos of all time.

Off spinner, Hugh Tayfield supersedes them further with his own greatness and is the most talented performer in the side.

Roy McLean provides the flair in the middle of the order and there are many options to round off the squad with Peter Carlstein, Clyde van Ryneveld, Dick Westcott, Jack Nel and flamboyant John Watkins backing up the this talented side.

A real match for any team and will be interesting in one day and 20/20.

Users who are viewing this thread